Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: i just watched Twilight  (Read 4909 times)

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« on: November 18, 2012, 01:33:38 PM »
+1
and at the climax, all I could think of was "i wish a Belmont would come in & start hauling ass on everyone"

Offline SiFi270

• The Red Cyclone
  • Hunter in Training
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2209069/SiFi270
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Chronicles: Akumajo Dracula (X68k/PS1)
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2012, 02:04:05 PM »
Well, at least it wasn't Hotel Transylvania.
Pfft. Like anything's ever going here

Offline Tanatra

• Everything Burns
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
Re: i just watched Twilight
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2012, 03:24:45 PM »
+3
i just watched Twilight

Please turn in your "Man Card," as you have forfeited the right to carry it.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2012, 03:59:54 PM »
+1
Sometimes guys have to do stuff that their girlfriends wanna do, ya know~

Offline Tanatra

• Everything Burns
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
Re: i just watched Twilight
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2012, 04:09:58 PM »
+2
The solution then is to make the stipulation that you'll agree to watch Twilight only if it is immediately followed by a real vampire movie, like "Interview with a Vampire" or "100 days of night." One must learn to compromise in relationships!

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2012, 08:27:26 PM »
+4
The only acceptable way to watch Twilight is the Rifftrax version.

Offline Phoenix7786

• Legendary Hunter
  • Neg on that, Chummer
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2012, 09:03:31 PM »
+1
For me the only respectable way would be to watch it with the TV turned off.
12/1/12: Nominated for my 1st award! Thanks to all :D

Offline GuyStarwind

• Lawful Good
  • Master Hunter
  • Shahrukh Khan is the greatest actor out there
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Crappy Brown Jacket Films
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2012, 12:36:54 AM »
The only acceptable way to watch Twilight is the Rifftrax version.

I watched one last night on toonamiaftermath.com last night.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2012, 12:42:03 AM »
I wouldn't waste my time with it anyways. It's bad enough that the author's so-called vampires sparkle, but her book was also very badly written lending her to be mediocre at her worst, and I can't even begin to see how it got published in the first place, let alone be allowed to spawn sequels and a TV series. And now they have a movie of it... Did IQ's just drop sharply off the globe somewhere?
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Bloodreign

• Old school and nothing but old school
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • The Best
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2012, 01:52:17 AM »
+1
I hereby declare your man-ness be removed, you are now a woman.

We shall dub thee Crisisess (like Princess).

You'll never catch me watching such filth, female with me or not.

Offline TheouAegis

• Amateur Auteur of GMvania
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • GMvania Developer's Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2012, 05:11:54 AM »
+1
I'd go to Twilight with a girl, but only if she let me spend the whole movie between her legs. I wouldn't have to watch the crap and she'd probably be in need of some attention down there anyway from what I've heard about the series.
Your mom has had more floppies put in her than a Commodore 64!

Follow my lack of progress on my game at my blog:
http://gmvania.blogspot.com

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2012, 06:37:09 AM »
+2

Offline TheCruelAngel

• Sportin' Boxes since 1998
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2012, 10:45:56 AM »
+1
To Twilight's credit, I hate it a lot less than Stuart Townsend in Queen of the Damned. Talk about shit performance from a shit movie (though the soundtrack is good).

I can understand some of the hate toward Twilight (I'm definitely not a fan) but I think the unbridled and unexpectingly almost bigoted hatred on here leaves me pause for concern. Have any of the individuals with such negative feelings actually watched or read anything from the Twilight saga to develop their own opinions of the matter instead of regurgitating what they read on the internet/heard from friends?

I've never read the novels, nor do I plan to, but that also means I have no valid opinion or critique of them to contribute to conversations. I've watched the movies (with the exceptions of the two Breaking Dawn movies, wife kind of got bored of them) and can evaluate the characters and cinematography and can contribute to a conversation with my own conclusions. Can't we have a little peace and civility around here?

Also those picking on poor Crisis for watching with his girl, please turn in your gentlemen cards. Seriously, is it that alien of a concept to treat a lady nicely and do things she likes?

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2012, 05:03:05 PM »
I'll just wait for the Rifftrax of the movie, I hear it's the funniest one yet.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2012, 05:39:52 PM »
+2
I have no intention to pick on anyone who's seen Twilight. Crisis made a sacrifice to appease his girlfriend and when it comes to relationships we all have to make a sacrifice of some kind or another. That's what relationships are about: compromising. Crisis was being a true man by sucking it up and sitting through the flick. No-doubt if I ever end up in a relationship of my own then I'll need to make some compromising just so I don't make my girlfriend feel that anything of her's; likes, thoughts or otherwise is unimportant.

Crisis I hereby recognize the brave and selfless sacrifice of your eyes and ears, and will honor their memory in Flanders Fields. May they finally know true piece.

"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Tags: