Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: USA and allies prepare an attack on Syria  (Read 21876 times)

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: USA and allies prepare an attack on Syria
« Reply #75 on: September 09, 2013, 05:46:23 PM »
Russian blood flow in my veins, so if thats truth I'll feel seriously ashamed.

I've got Russian blood in me too, however this has nothing to do with the current government or how they're handling things.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline TheouAegis

• Amateur Auteur of GMvania
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • GMvania Developer's Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #76 on: September 09, 2013, 06:15:25 PM »
+1
Can blame Soviet-American conflicts for the Korean and Vietnam Wars too. US was quirky back then, allying with Commies but then going to war with them almost immediately. Russia allied with the US, deceived Japan which culminated in the atomic bombs, which forced the Soviets to back off when the US allied with China and when the US invaded the southern Korean peninsula, which led to Chinese Communist influence spreading across Asia, which led to a Sino-Russo alliance, which led to Sino-American conflicts, which led to the Vietnam and Korean wars and that wonderful era of American peace-time known as the Red Scare.

Front Mission's writers believed 20 years or so from now Russia and the US will still be at war, Japan and other parts of the Pacific will break away from the US, Europe will suffer economic upheaval, and Africa will still be festering in multiple civil wars. Except for the OCU, the rest of their prophecies still seem plausible.

I have US blood in my veins. I'm American!
« Last Edit: September 09, 2013, 06:17:11 PM by TheouAegis »
Your mom has had more floppies put in her than a Commodore 64!

Follow my lack of progress on my game at my blog:
http://gmvania.blogspot.com

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #77 on: September 09, 2013, 06:26:00 PM »
+2
I love everything about that picture except the gun.
I have my own gun. >.>
Giggity.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline TheouAegis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
« Reply #78 on: September 09, 2013, 06:33:25 PM »
+1
OMG, I saw a couple female customers today that made my gun happy to be Made In USA.

Offline Mooning Freddy

• The scent of my butt will set your soul wandering for eternity!
  • Master Hunter
  • I simply love children.
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #79 on: September 10, 2013, 10:29:02 AM »
Well, now Obama is talking about considering Putin's offer to turn over Syrian weaponry to international control. It seems as though Syria may be willing to accept such a resolution.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/09/09/obama-putin-syria-chemical-weapons_n_3896333.html

Give Obama a second Nobel prize. He and Putin may have found a peaceful resolution to the crisis! The war is over! Hip hip hooray!

...Oh wait.

I forgot that it's still about chemical weapons and not ending the war. Assad is still in power, the civil war is still raging with no end in sight, and that the endless flow of  refugees running away in fear of death continues.  :P
« Last Edit: September 10, 2013, 10:31:21 AM by Mooning Freddy »
"Yes, I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available, because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."
~Charlie Sheen

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #80 on: September 10, 2013, 12:41:33 PM »
It seens that Obama is watching us, since they tried to do what we said here lol
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #81 on: September 10, 2013, 07:01:42 PM »
Well, now Obama is talking about considering Putin's offer to turn over Syrian weaponry to international control. It seems as though Syria may be willing to accept such a resolution.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/09/09/obama-putin-syria-chemical-weapons_n_3896333.html
good.
Give Obama a second Nobel prize. He and Putin may have found a peaceful resolution to the crisis! The war is over! Hip hip hooray!
he still has to live up to the first one. I voted him and support him, but even I can see that he only got it as a spur of the moment thing. because he wanted to do all this peace stuff.

...Oh wait.

I forgot that it's still about chemical weapons and not ending the war. Assad is still in power, the civil war is still raging with no end in sight, and that the endless flow of  refugees running away in fear of death continues.  :P

Too bad. Not our problem. They are not our allies or our friends, and there is a heavy radical Muslim element present. There is no rebel "group". just dissidents. Not everyone in Syria is after Assad's removal. Especially many Christians and other groups which usually fall under Islamic radicals rifle scopes. Why? because when he falls, chaos will ensue, and an Islamic givernment will take hold. Because it is the Muslim Brotherhood which has been behind the entire Arab Spring. To try and take down 'dictators" and replace them with "democratic" governments, who in the end, turn out to be muslim radicals bent on remaking the country as an islamic state.

Look at Egypt. Look at what almost happened. Morsi, (elected not on any kind of vote, but rather a lack thereof) filled the government with islamists and tried to remake the constitution to fit Islamic views. The majority of the country was having none of that however, and managed to get the Military to kick him out as well.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Mooning Freddy

• The scent of my butt will set your soul wandering for eternity!
  • Master Hunter
  • I simply love children.
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #82 on: September 11, 2013, 12:24:59 AM »
Because it is the Muslim Brotherhood which has been behind the entire Arab Spring.

See? This is not true, or inaccurate at best. The masses who demanded the removal of Morsi yelled about how the Muslim Brotherhood stole their revolution, which they did, just like the Communists in Russia and the Ayatollahs in Iran. The masses did not want a Muslim state, they wanted more justice and equality, which is a right for all.

As for Syria, it's a whole different story. Hafez al-Assad's (Bashar's father) takeover of Syria and transformation of it into an Alawite state was, according to how one writer described it, as unlikely as "a Jew becoming the Russian tzar". The Alawites were a religious minority despised and persecuted by must Suns and not even considered Muslim by some. Egypt was just an ultra-corrupt authoritarian state. Syria is an authoritarian state ruled by a religious minority which most most Suns, especially fundamentalists, consider infidels. The Suns who compose the majority of Syria's population were just waiting for an opportunity to rise against the al-Assads, and the "Arab Spring" brought the opportunity.
Have no doubt that Assad would use any means necessary to stay in power. It's not only his own fate, it's the fate of all Syria's Alawites that depends on it.  If at the beginning the rebels were just a minority in a small number of cities, the more the war drags on, the more the government's fate is sealed. The rebels would never forgive the ruler who massacres them, and the refugees would support them.

Syria would definitely be driven to chaos if Assad falls; The Alawites could be massacred. This is where foreign humanitarian intervention would be necessary. Iran could step in to defend the regime, but the Ayatollah regime's days are limited too.

You people go out and say that USA's intervention brought Iraq to chaos; No, it was the fall of Saddam that brought Iraq to chaos. Saddam needed to go down eventually, and it was only a matter of time. The chaos is all the fault of authoritarian rulers and religious organizations who shove religious propaganda and hatred in their people's throats. Eventually people would understand warfare and hatred are stupid, but it would take time.

It's all history the way I see it. The middle East could become democratic; At least more democratic than it is today. But before it does it would probably undergo massive bloodshed like Europe had.
"Yes, I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available, because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."
~Charlie Sheen

Offline TheouAegis

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #83 on: September 11, 2013, 04:46:28 PM »
+1

Tags:

anything