Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Super Mario Bros. Crossover 2.0  (Read 13705 times)

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2012, 06:43:54 PM »
Actually it's because they used the link from Loz1 in the original crossover and adapted him to work like he does in side view areas in later games. They didn't use LoZ2 link because his game play isn't varied enough from the other characters. Personally I would have made a hybrid link that uses the LoZ2 sprite with the LoZ1 abilities, but whatever. It's still fun as hell.

Or ya know any of the fan made side scroller based Link sprites lol. I still think it was a bad choice usin GB Link

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2012, 08:16:54 PM »
Or ya know any of the fan made side scroller based Link sprites lol. I still think it was a bad choice usin GB Link

They could've used Link from AlttP even though it would require a little modifications just to make him look more of a side-view profile then a semi-down profile.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Rugal

• I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Master Hunter
  • I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Awards A master of sarcasm whose words often drip with satire and cynicism. Will make a staunch stand on one subject and never, ever budge. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2012, 09:10:43 AM »
I can play as Ryu Hayabusa through Super Mario Bros. 3? COUNT ME IN
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow sucks
DmC: Devil may Cry is the equivalent of trailer trash
"badly designed fat left on Lords of Shadow 2's bones."

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2012, 01:45:00 AM »
They could've used Link from AlttP even though it would require a little modifications just to make him look more of a side-view profile then a semi-down profile.

While that would be nice, it kinda defeats the purpose of having the original characters in there as they appeared in their own games. Notice that all the new skins in version 2.0 do is apply their respective sprites from GB & SNES versions of the characters. The only custom sprites are for characters that don't have an equivalent sprite. E.G.- Most SNES style sprites & GB Megaman for whatever reason.

I can play as Ryu Hayabusa through Super Mario Bros. 3? COUNT ME IN

Nope. The game is still SMB1, you can just apply an SMB3 skin to the SMB1 levels.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2012, 01:54:51 AM by Inccubus »
"Stuff and things."

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2012, 02:03:13 AM »
I love this game so much... I've never liked a flash game more.
Currently Playing: Resident Evil 2 [N64]
Games Beaten This Year (2020): 20 Games

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2012, 07:20:30 PM »
I shall enjoy this tonight after my gf leaves =D

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2012, 07:42:29 PM »
A little warning for the Belmont players: you only get hearts from killing enemies, and even then not all of them are guaranteed to drop one.
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2012, 08:43:41 PM »
Ah, so it's like Simon's Quest. :P
« Last Edit: February 14, 2012, 09:59:26 PM by Jorge D. Fuentes »
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #24 on: February 14, 2012, 09:12:27 PM »
More or less. Also, upgrades after the Mushroom (Chain Whip) are random. You might either get a subweapon or the second Chain Whip upgrade in blocks where you'd normally find a Fire Flower.
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: February 14, 2012, 10:00:26 PM »
Where on the website have you guys found the link to play the game? I've looked and all I get is the announcements or trailers.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2012, 09:12:58 AM »
It's exactly where 1.0 was. They just swapped in the new one.
Welp. It's about time I dusted off my Flash ripping software. :)
"Stuff and things."

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #27 on: February 18, 2012, 11:04:13 PM »
had to download google chrome to play it hope it's safe chrome that is anyone else have it?
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: February 19, 2012, 03:45:02 AM »
I use primary firefox, but i also have and use google chrome and so far, i didn't have any problem.
Ruler of Chaos

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: February 19, 2012, 12:42:07 PM »
I use Chrome. No problems.

"Stuff and things."

anything