Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Vampire Hunter D  (Read 5400 times)

Offline Cypress

• Whip's Memory
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Vampire Hunter D
« on: October 19, 2007, 09:18:10 PM »
I just got the first book and I plan on reading it after I finish "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest". I was wondering if the movie was based on one of the books. If it is just the first one (or loosely based on it) I would like to watch it after I finish reading it. If not I want to know so I can finish whatever book it is from before watching it.
-----------------------------------------------
Nowadays you are either a graphics whore or a fanboy. BR is Shank not CV. It is ridiculous to think that it is better than CV. If it was CV then it would be what RE4 is to Resi, a series killer. Dumb it down and make it look pretty. Enough idiots will buy it.

Offline Clara E. Leet

• Legendary Hunter
  • It's still Maridia
    • My Deviantart
    • Awards
Re: Vampire Hunter D
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2007, 09:46:59 PM »
In Reply To #1

The first movie is based off of the first book and is pretty true to the story. The second movie Bloodlust is based off of the third book.

Offline Slayer

• The Prince of a town called Bel-Air
  • Master Hunter
  • The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2007, 11:00:03 PM »
I've seen the first movie, but that was a couple of years ago.  ..so I don't remember too much about the movie...
----------------------------------------------
Tetris world record, set.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_3mxSPWAn4

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2007, 01:24:59 AM »
Bloodlust was WAAAAAAAAY better than the first movie even aside from the stuff that just screams CV.

Offline Cypress

• Whip's Memory
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2007, 06:30:47 AM »
In Reply To #2

Alright, thanks.

Nowadays you are either a graphics whore or a fanboy. BR is Shank not CV. It is ridiculous to think that it is better than CV. If it was CV then it would be what RE4 is to Resi, a series killer. Dumb it down and make it look pretty. Enough idiots will buy it.

Offline The Clark

• Beast of Blood
  • Hunter in Training
    • MySpace profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2007, 02:37:07 PM »
I just got the first book and I plan on reading it after I finish "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest".

How are you liking Cuckoo's Nest? That's one of my favorite books.

Offline Cypress

• Whip's Memory
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2007, 02:58:39 PM »
How are you liking Cuckoo's Nest? That's one of my favorite books.
I read it once before when I was younger so im reading it again to get a better understanding of it. It is a good book, though it is kinda depressing.

SymboliC

« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2007, 01:42:40 PM »

I watched the anime, and have the PS1 game for this too.

Though I can't get why "Dampire" is translated as "Dunpeal", even from fansubs.

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2007, 01:45:38 PM »
Bloodlust was WAAAAAAAAY better than the first movie even aside from the stuff that just screams CV.

Pfffffffttt. Bloodlust is good, but VHD is the far superior film, IMO. Not only is it one of my favorite anime, but it's one of my favorite movies, period. But that's mostly if I'm watching the subbed version. Count Lee not having any dialog at the beginning makes the opening scene so much more eerie.

Though I can't get why "Dampire" is translated as "Dunpeal", even from fansubs.

Something to do with how dhampir (not dampire) was pronounced in Japanese, and then how it got translated to English from that.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2007, 02:52:45 PM »
I love vampire hunter D :D

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline The Last Belmont

• Seasoned Adventurer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2007, 11:27:57 PM »
In Reply To #1

I got the first book, the 85 movie is the shit, the 2000 one is okay, visually it's great but it kind of drags on and the ending is lame. I think the first film is based on the manga that was around in the 80's and I'm not entirely sure what the sequel is  based on or if it's just a straightup new story.
_______________________________________ ______________

Tags: