Poll

What would be an appropriate 25th Anniversary tribute?

Castlevania 1 & 2 Chronicles in 2.5D for Consoles
Dracula's Curse Chronicles in 2.5D for Consoles
Castlevania Annversary Collection (NES SNES GEN minimum)
Demon Castle War (ClassicVania Style)!
Demon Castle War (Clastleroid Style)!
Lords of Shadow 2
Art, Music, and other swag...
Other --explain below.
I don't know.  My mind was recently violated by a Dark Priest...

Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: 25th Anniversary --What sort of Tribute do you seek?  (Read 18599 times)

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
Re: 25th Anniversary --What sort of Tribute do you seek?
« Reply #60 on: July 10, 2011, 07:56:39 PM »
I think it's funny you say Simon is over rated but we need a Simons Quest remake

I should probably rephrase that then- Castlevania 1 is overrated. And the stereotypical Simon is the CV1 barbarian simon and shit. CV1 is so overdone...
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Profbeanburrito

• Vampire Killer
  • Master Hunter
  • The Mask is a powerful device...
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #61 on: July 10, 2011, 08:32:40 PM »
Flame, I knew what you meant and I do agree, Simon as a barbarian is. Ot really my favorite thing either, I like his actual manual artwork from the japanese akumajo Dracula
What a horrible night to have a curse!

Offline cecil-kain

• Lord and Host
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Operation Akumajo
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #62 on: July 10, 2011, 08:54:41 PM »
I think Super Castlevania IV is the definitive remake of CV1, but I think we've come a long way since the early 90s.

Simon's adventures also need some major narrative treatment.

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #63 on: July 10, 2011, 09:45:15 PM »
Flame, I knew what you meant and I do agree, Simon as a barbarian is. Ot really my favorite thing either, I like his actual manual artwork from the japanese akumajo Dracula
Im just tired of Simon and the CV1 remakes. If they made a CV 2 remake, it wouldnt be so bad.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #64 on: July 10, 2011, 10:16:19 PM »
CV1 and CV3 really don't need an update. CV2 has some major flaws to fix, and could stand to gain the most from an update out of all the NES titles.

Offline JBoc973

• Hunter in Training
  • Whip it good.
    • www.relyonhorror.com
    • Awards
« Reply #65 on: July 11, 2011, 07:36:38 AM »
I would like something similar to what Capcom did with the Mega Man Anniversary Collection. Now that would be awesome.

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #66 on: July 11, 2011, 10:10:44 AM »
1-Symphony?
or 1- OOE?

that would be cool- with each game in chronological order (like anniversary collection)

Tags:

anything