Poll

Do you prefer the original Rondo of Blood or Dracula X Chronicles?

Rondo of Blood (PCE)
11 (55%)
Dracula X Chronicles (PSP)
5 (25%)
I love them both equally
4 (20%)
I don't like Castlevania games
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: RoB or DXC?  (Read 18651 times)

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #30 on: September 13, 2013, 12:24:19 AM »
Even though there are a number of things I like DXC over RoB, RoB is still stronger, but I Still prefer the Dracula XX soundtrack over both of them

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Offline beingthehero

• Duke of New York
  • Master Hunter
  • EROTIC VIOLENCE
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #31 on: September 13, 2013, 06:26:14 PM »
I agree with the good Docta and others that I prefer DXC. Stage 4' in particular was a huge improvement. It went from great to mega-boner...

I also thought the way Richter whipped in DXC felt...more "right". The hit detection also seemed to be better as well. On the other hand I didn't like his model's casual stride. I definitely preferred Rondo's determined march.

I also prefer some of DXX's music as well to the originals, Bloody Tears in particular D:

I'm still surprised DXX wasn't included in DXC as well.

Offline Pfil

• How I miss the old days...
  • Master Hunter
  • Quit treating me like a child!
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (NDS)
« Reply #32 on: September 16, 2013, 03:29:49 PM »
What is DXX?
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #33 on: September 16, 2013, 04:42:59 PM »
+1
What is DXX?

dracula xx is the sufami version of dracula x. I wonder what would happen if it was dracula xxx  :P
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #34 on: September 16, 2013, 06:14:00 PM »
+1
dracula xx is the sufami version of dracula x. I wonder what would happen if it was dracula xxx  :P

Hint: Succubus would be the main character and wins all battles. :p
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Pfil

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: September 16, 2013, 11:46:25 PM »
+1
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline DoctaMario

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: September 18, 2013, 10:42:18 AM »
What is DXX?

It's an SNES version using sprites and such from Rondo. It's not as good as Rondo, but it's got its moments and is worth hunting down a ROM of.

Offline JILost

• Hunter in Training
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #37 on: September 18, 2013, 12:28:18 PM »
What is DXX?

Akumajo Dracula XX (Super Famicom) --> Castlevania: Dracula X (Super NES, NTSC) --> Castlevania: Vampire's Kiss (Super NES, PAL)

In the same way that Super Castlevania IV is considered the same as the first game depsite their differences because it has the same name (Akumajo Dracula) in Japan, I consider Castlevania: Dracula X and Rondo to be two different games despite their similarities because they have two different names in Japan. That's probably just my personal interpretation, though.

Offline Pfil

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: September 19, 2013, 07:42:37 AM »
Is it a different game than Dracula X for the SNES?
If that is the case, I've been missing another CV game, just as with the original X68000 game that has some differences with the PSX CV Chronicles Original Mode.

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: September 19, 2013, 01:45:21 PM »
If you count blood being red instead of blue water as a new game, them yes :P
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Pfil

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #40 on: September 19, 2013, 01:47:37 PM »
Oh, just that.

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #41 on: September 19, 2013, 04:30:40 PM »
Yeah, its just like differences because of censoring or little things like that. In this case I think they only change the death animation color.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline RichterB

• Returnee
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #42 on: September 19, 2013, 07:30:48 PM »
Honestly, Dracula XX (aka Castlevania: Dracula X SNES) is my favorite, and should have been included on the Dracula X Chronicles. Despite similarities, it really is its own game, though. As for the two Rondo's, I just recently have decided that like the original better. I think it plays more responsively, and the stage designs didn't work out as well when stretched/altered for widescreen in the CG remake. (I never noticed how many liberties were taken until I paid attention). They each have their interesting quirks and pros/cons, though.

Offline Pfil

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: September 20, 2013, 12:17:04 PM »
What are those differences?
I'm very curious about them, I want to try the game now.

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: September 20, 2013, 12:26:30 PM »
You've never played Racula X for SNRS? Its very different from Rondo. Or you mean DXC differences to RoB?
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Tags: