Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Lost Art...? AoS Game Over Painting  (Read 7935 times)

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« on: September 05, 2011, 05:37:46 PM »
Remember the AoS Painting that appeared in the Dance hall AND the Game over Screen?
I wounder why the never released it (to my knowledge)....

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2011, 09:16:37 PM »
I'm still not sure WHAT it is exactly. I think I see a face or something, but WHAT is it?
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2011, 09:31:16 PM »
Looks like a flooded room, where tree roots have gone through the walls, with a broken statue (or possibly a human) on the side. There are also bones littered about, from presumably rotting corpses.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2011, 11:05:47 PM »
I always thought that the picture was Soma after he died. As it was with the game over screen. Maybe that portrait was a future foretold if Soma had failed in his mission.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2011, 11:48:55 PM »
I always thought that the picture was Soma after he died. As it was with the game over screen. Maybe that portrait was a future foretold if Soma had failed in his mission.
Same here.

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2011, 05:56:40 AM »
It's supposed to be a knight who is near death or something.   

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2011, 06:08:16 AM »
It's Soma disintegrating.

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2011, 07:58:00 AM »
Any pics? O.o

Everything comes full circle

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2011, 11:20:50 AM »
Any pics? O.o

and

Ayami did paint this... but why never released?

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2011, 02:03:28 PM »
here is a larger version for your viewing pleasure  ;)

it appears to take place in some sort of tomb; the face to the left could be Soma's as the rest of his body disintegrates. the blue yellow & red orbs are the souls/Power of Dominance leaving his corpse. Atleast that's how I see it.

Offline Odile Kuronuma

• I'm ze man errr.... woman
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2011, 03:00:42 PM »
I've been looking for this artwork for quite some time. too bad it wasn't featured in any castlevania/ayami kojima artbook.
I wonder why.

Offline Arcraith

• Hunter in Training
  • whoop whoop!
    • Sanctum Insania
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2011, 03:32:38 PM »
it looks like he has long orange hair. and is wearing a helmet/has horns. and hes holding a rose or something. and all the skeleton things around him are stuff he killed before he died, etc. and i agree about the orbs.

Tags: