Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania game in the vain of the Soul series?  (Read 6238 times)

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
Re: Castlevania game in the vain of the Soul series?
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2013, 08:44:17 PM »
The Souls games definitely struck me as what Castlevania would be if they wanted to do, if they wanted to get the original feel of the games. Because you are not some super man with crazy combos, you were just a guy with a whip, and you ..... whip.

Demons' Souls was like that, you had basic attack, and roll dodge. No fancy smancy combos or anything. However, I don't mind the idea of DMC being another way to take CV. But the way CV has gone when going that direction hasn't been exactly awesome.... so yea...

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2013, 09:15:54 PM »
Because you are not some super man with crazy combos, you were just a guy with a whip, and you ..... whip.

Sure, a normal guy... A normal guy that can fall into a giant pit and survive (CV1) xD

(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline darkwzrd4

• All Powerful Spellcaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2013, 12:56:16 PM »
+1
I like the idea of a CV game in the same vain of the souls series. Hey!!! I have an idea: Maybe after the LoS trilogy is done, From Software could get a chance to make a CV. They did a great job with Demon Souls and Dark Souls. They just need to dial back the unforgiving gameplay a bit and make whip an effective weapon (they were practically useless in Dark Souls).

Let's see.....
Dark and forbodding atmosphere...check
Middle ages like location....check
pits, fall damage, traps, etc.....check
lovely architecture....check
monsters....check
castles, dungeons, catacombs, etc....check

yup. sounds like they would do a great job on a CV.
Behold my power and tremble

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2013, 06:28:02 PM »
OR we can handle it to Konami again and be more sure that it will be more Konami-ish (please?). xD
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline GuyStarwind

• Lawful Good
  • Master Hunter
  • Shahrukh Khan is the greatest actor out there
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Crappy Brown Jacket Films
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2013, 06:46:07 PM »
I think the Souls games do a good job of what I think is a good environment for CV. I recall playing Demon's Souls the first time and I was in the tower(3-1 I believe) and I kept telling my sister how much this reminded me of CV. My feeling would not be hurt if From Software took a stab at CV.

Tags: