Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: River City Ransom: Underground  (Read 5065 times)

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2013, 03:18:18 PM »
Even though I want this game, I am wondering why it is costing almost $400,000 to develop a game based on a 8-bit franchise! Maybe someone could explain it to me better, but it's not like the game is gonna get commercial advertising on main street media. This is one of those titles that seems to me just for the hardcore gamers, not casual gamers. (Which is a shame, because that's what seems like most companies are shooting for now..) I think if their money goals would be more realistic, they could start with a PC release, see how people take to that and then go from there....

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2013, 12:08:44 PM »
They've reached their goal already, which is $108k CAD. The stretch goals are apparently based on licensing fees and that. They just commented about it:

Our stretch goals evolved organically as we collected information and confirmations from platform companies, while factoring in our additional financial commitments for time, licensing fees, and testing costs. We'll have an opportunity to re-evaluate throughout the year based on new information, opportunities, or changes to technical requirements. A lot can happen in a year. We'll continue to work towards releasing on all major platforms, keeping you apprised of any changes.

It sure sounds like we could be getting some alternate console versions even if the stretches aren't reached.

The game is a licensed one which costs more money. They have to get approval from the rightsholders at every turn and pay them to use the property. It also being a small team and quite an ambitious project (described as an enhanced 8-bit game with animations and things you couldn't actually do on the NES) means more individual man hours.

They're in the final day of their campaign now. Anyone who hasn't donated may want to do so, and their PayPal is open until November 9th which helps to reach the stretches. It would be cool to see this on Nintendo systems, but there's really no guarantee, which I'm sure causes a lot of people to hesitate donating.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Tags:

anything