Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Does The Arcade have a story?  (Read 2387 times)

Offline Tuxedo Mark

• Vampire Hunter
  • I love Sonia Belmont.
    • My YouTube Channel
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Legends (GBC)
« on: June 26, 2014, 08:27:11 PM »
I just watched some gameplay footage of "Castlevania: The Arcade", and there seemed to be an introduction of some kind. Does this game have a story to it?

Offline Las

• Vampire Hunter
  • Whoa dude!what a horrible night for no beer.....
  • Awards 2016-02 Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • Awards
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2014, 09:02:12 PM »
Oh is that the one where you are trevor and you use an actual fake whip? I played that with my niece at a 6 flags once..it was pretty tough..but it was awesome! Usually i wont' play arcades at the amusements..but i couldnt pass it up! I think it is loosely based off of the pachislots..but i am not sure..I think the storyline may have something to do with it. Cause im pretty sure trevor wore the same outfit..which is basically the Cod outfit. If this is the game you talking about.. My niece is picky with Cv games..but she loved this one..probably cause you can weild a fake whip..

Taking Edward Scissorhands to a whole new level!

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2014, 09:24:49 PM »
Actually, it's not Trevor, but rather some non-descript Belmont simply called "Vampire Hunter" IIRC. Also, his outfit isn't the same. It's actually closer to SotN Richter but brown and tattered.
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2014, 11:33:48 PM »
If Castlevania: The arcade has a story then it might be shown at the end of the game--which I just found here...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGAaOrvIEX8

Just excuse all the noise in the background  :P  That the Arcades for you.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2014, 12:42:53 AM »
The story is pretty basic. If I recall correctly, the intro has two villagers talking about how people are disappearing and a strange castle has emerged from the mist, or something in that direction. The main character, either Vampire Hunter or Lady Gunner, overhears the conversation, and then sets out for the castle on their own.   

Offline Super Waffle

• Master Hunter
  • Obliterated CharloNathan and has no regrets
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • The zone
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2014, 10:24:07 AM »
Angela has a deeper backstory than this game.

Tags: