Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania IV OST  (Read 3350 times)

Offline Rugal

• I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Master Hunter
  • I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Awards A master of sarcasm whose words often drip with satire and cynicism. Will make a staunch stand on one subject and never, ever budge. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« on: June 05, 2016, 10:43:37 AM »
Does anyone know where I can buy the Castlevania IV OST? I've tried Amazon and Ebay, but no luck. I honestly don't even know what the proper Japanese name for it is.
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow sucks
DmC: Devil may Cry is the equivalent of trailer trash
"badly designed fat left on Lords of Shadow 2's bones."

Offline Belmontoya

• Composer/ Voice Actor
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-09-Sprite Contest 3rd Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2016, 11:10:07 AM »
Does anyone know where I can buy the Castlevania IV OST? I've tried Amazon and Ebay, but no luck. I honestly don't even know what the proper Japanese name for it is.

Man I know.

It's the best CV OST of all time IMO.

Years ago my my friend who is an engineer and I exported the whole OST and remastered it. We burned it onto to discs and pretty much made it an awesome thing to listen to with a few multiple loops per song and fade outs. It was a nice package.

I lost my copy and it's missing from my old hard drive. But I'll ask him if he still has it. He's very skilled at mastering and he will be mastering the LC2 OST as well.

CV4's OST deserves a proper release. But as far as I've heard, this thing we put together was the best package of it I've heard so far.

Either way, he might be willing to put it together again if he lost it too.

The worst monsters are human.

Offline Jazz Paladin Productions

• Vampire Hunter
  • I was summoned here to pay tribute
    • Jazz Paladin On Facebook
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2016, 11:36:27 AM »
Amazingly diverse and distinct from every other CV soundtrack out there...

Someday, I'll have to try to make an arrangement/compilation of every CV IV song and put them out there somehow. I know I certainly tried to do that for my Jazzyvania project, but ran out of time (and money)...but I guess that just makes it so I have to make brand new renditions for the future...

Really want to try the treasure vault next time around for sure...among many others...
Jazzyvania: Symphonies of the Knight now available on CD/ Digital platforms! Groove on!

Offline Eric Roman

• Arima Red
  • Vampire Hunter
  • THE RISE that Eric Roman has sent
    • EricTJRoman.com
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2016, 11:55:33 AM »
The soundtrack for Super CastleVania IV appears on disc one of Akumajou Dracula Best 2 (first edition, second edition).

Beware: they put some reverb on the songs, so it's not exactly how the SNES expressed it.  This effect is even worse on the second disc, which covers the more electronicky-sounding Adventure and Belmont's Revenge.  In the case of Revenge, the songs are even faster than they sound through a Super Game Boy.  >:(

Offline Jazz Paladin Productions

• Vampire Hunter
  • I was summoned here to pay tribute
    • Jazz Paladin On Facebook
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2016, 12:02:12 PM »
The soundtrack for Super CastleVania IV appears on disc one of Akumajou Dracula Best 2 (first edition, second edition).

Beware: they put some reverb on the songs, so it's not exactly how the SNES expressed it.  This effect is even worse on the second disc, which covers the more electronicky-sounding Adventure and Belmont's Revenge.  In the case of Revenge, the songs are even faster than they sound through a Super Game Boy.  >:(

Ugh, I hate when that happens...usually the result of when a studio gets that 'verb to sound great on Hi-end gear, but fails to test it out in real-life situations/sound systems...

Jazzyvania: Symphonies of the Knight now available on CD/ Digital platforms! Groove on!

Offline Super Waffle

• Master Hunter
  • Obliterated CharloNathan and has no regrets
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • The zone
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2016, 08:18:36 PM »
+1
All you really need is Room of Close Associates.mp3

Tags: