Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: CV2 Optomon and Thaddeus hack "new" video  (Read 15707 times)

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: CV2 Optomon and Thaddeus hack "new" video
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2016, 10:40:02 PM »
But its almost impossible  to recreate something that we've never seen apart from still pictures so close to the original, that its own original creator would say its the same thing, don't you think?

Stranger things have happened.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline eryson

• The Fangaems Connoisseur
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: DraculaXX (SNES)
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2016, 04:21:54 AM »
Maybe isnt so impossible, if he have it.

http://imgur.com/a/kUrra

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2016, 09:30:45 AM »
Ouch! Those are some awesome screen captures!  :D 

Yeah, if someone is using those screens for references he or she can recreate almost exactly the original game. Give or take and element or two.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2016, 02:32:21 PM »
These screens are known by many, what Im saying is that with only screen you can't make the exact same game, simply because it only shows a fraction of screen, not even a entire one. But yeah, they are really good and shows how its possible to do amazing things with a low amount of colors.

I'm not saying its impossible to do something inspired by these images, but doing things that aren't shown and still having Optomon acknowledging it as the same game is. It would be the same thing of using Bloodlines zeppeliin stage's screenshot alone to recreate an entire area that we don't know the design, show it to some Konami employee that worked at it and they say "Wow, its the same thing" :P

Probability nears 0, so I think without being in touch with Optomon or Thaddeus (or having more data) its not possible to do the exact same thing, but something similar is totally possible.

Off: Its good to see this thead being so lively.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2016, 06:00:30 AM »
Stranger things, indeed.
"Stuff and things."

Offline Holy Diver

• Have been down too long in the midnight seas
  • Vampire Hunter
  • You probably don't know what I mean tho
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2018, 12:34:22 PM »
Not too eager to resurrect this topic, but this is somewhat related to the video in question(which appears to be deleted at the moment), so opening a new thread with one already existing seems to me about as much of a dick move as a lil' bit of thread necromancy.
So, digression aside: https://plus.google.com/u/0/collection/IO8bEE
This guy has 3 videos of older build of the hack.
It's nothing spectacular but it's nice to see the hack in motion.
Gotta get away

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2018, 03:50:54 AM »
Actually, I'd say that's a pretty good reason to perform some necromancy.
This hack could have been epic. Hell, just applying these graphics and room layouts to the translation patch would be down right wondrous to see.
"Stuff and things."

Offline SabinFigaro

• Hunter in Training
  • What a horrible day to go to work..
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2018, 11:23:11 AM »
Any news of Optomon? Come in Optomon mon...The CV community is calling you. The CV hack scene is in need of your legendary skills.

Offline Sinis

• Vampire Hunter
  • How Do I Get the IV Upgrade?
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2018, 07:33:28 PM »
Any news of Optomon? Come in Optomon mon...The CV community is calling you. The CV hack scene is in need of your legendary skills.

He's busy doing stuff along with helping Sephirous and I with the Cadence of Agony reboot.  He's making a lot of noise but behind the scenes  :)

Offline SabinFigaro

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: January 17, 2018, 11:19:13 AM »
Good to hear he is active again. Any chance Him and theddeus get back to work on that cv2 hack? 8)

Offline Holy Diver

• Have been down too long in the midnight seas
  • Vampire Hunter
  • You probably don't know what I mean tho
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #25 on: January 17, 2018, 12:07:57 PM »
Good to hear he is active again. Any chance Him and theddeus get back to work on that cv2 hack? 8)
In his own words:
Are you ever going to finish that one Castlevania II hack?

- Maybe. Outside of the tilesets and the music, it never got very far. I get asked about this project more than any other project.
But noone really knows about Thaddeus' whereabouts atm so it's probably going to be another artist if anything ever becomes of it.
Btw Optomon now has a website for info on his projects:
 http://optovania.com/mob/main.html
Gotta get away

Offline Sinis

• Vampire Hunter
  • How Do I Get the IV Upgrade?
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: January 18, 2018, 11:03:16 AM »

I don't know any of his plans personally as I don't ask on what he's doing outside of CoA reboot as that stuff is none of my business lol.  Only stuff I know is what we all read and hear upon this thread :)

For Thaddeus, that Ivar the Boneless guy on YouTube (or was) was suspected to be Thaddeus himself.  I did try to reach out to him and see if he would allow me to resurrect the hack once my projects were done but got no word back.  I thought about offering  help to Optomon himself to see if I could offer anything to help finish the project sprite wise but hesitant to ask especially with everyone hounding  him about tons of stuff I don't have that as a high priority :)

In the end, we all just have to sit around and wait patiently.  Its been what...8 years or so since Bloodlust first saw the light of day on the internet?  I  know we all can hang around a bit longer to see if Optomon to work on it and hopefully Thaddeus comes out of his shell to do stuff again :)

Offline SabinFigaro

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: January 18, 2018, 02:44:50 PM »
Thanks for all the info guys. I remember really looking forward to that hack...I mean who wouldn't. I hope we get to see it one day but if not..well that's cool too. Keep fighting the good fight gentlemen!????

anything