Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Music Videos  (Read 2626 times)

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« on: August 17, 2013, 06:32:36 AM »
Rather than resurrect this ass-old thread which really bogs down the intrewiebz, I decided to make a new "post your favorite music videos" thread.

However, please only embed one video per post.

And if it ends up just being me posting the majority of the time, well...watch more music videos, fools.

To kick things off, I really like this video. Been a fan of Chris Connelly for about ten years, really like the punk direction he took with an album he did a couple years ago—quite a departure from his crooning Bowie-esque stuff, though not out of the ordinary since he did vocals for Ministry, et al. back in the day.

The colors, the shapes...and that girl, oh my what a babe. The "turn and walk away" bit—720p and full screen that shit.

CHRIS CONNELLY - "Wait for Amateur"
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2013, 08:49:45 PM »
Really, y'all? None of you visit teh TooToobz in search of enjoyable music videos?

I've watched this one a lot the past few days. I really like Frankmusik's first EP and full album, but his sophomore album—judging by the title track and a couple of samples I heard of other songs—was quite terrible and just like every other American pop trash with no soul as opposed to the Euro electropop stuff he was doing before on his own, initially being discovered through MySpace.

He became this big label baby that was doing the whole LA thing, and I guess they eventually treated him like dirt and dropped him without word or warning. So in the wake of that, he decided not to let suits decide how he does things, went full-on independent, and began doing new music more in tune with the style of his original stuff from a few years back. It's also really sad stuff lyrically because he's been recovering from a breakup with his fiancee.

He's been 100% in charge of his production, promotion, and all of that, just getting friends to help him shoot music videos and showing them through YouTube, and giving some of his music away for free download. He can't really afford to have a widely-distributed CD out, but he said he'd be pulling his money together to do a limited 500 CD run of the new album and subsequent acoustic version, and I'm so stoked for that. Wanted to get the album on iTunes or something, but I'll wait for the CD and hope he'll ship to the US.

Anyway, here's one of the big singles from the album that I've been watching a lot.

Map
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Mooning Freddy

• The scent of my butt will set your soul wandering for eternity!
  • Master Hunter
  • I simply love children.
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2013, 12:29:22 AM »
It's nice I suppose, even though I can't stand those radio-friendly cuter than life songs.

Here's a song by Israeli death metal band called Prey for Nothing. The song and the video are inspired by the tragic story of a girl named Rose Pisem.

The father of the girl, Benjamin, was born to a French volunteer who had an affair with an Israeli man name Roni Ron, apparently the man was too much of a bastard to take responsibility, which ended in the woman cutting any connection with Ron and raising the child in France. Benjamin eventually married a woman named Mary and lived with her some time, traveling between Israel and France. Eventually they broke up, probably because Mary was a bit sick in the head, and she received custody of their child, Rose. This is where the story gets weird. Mary somehow meets her ex-husband's father Ron and he starts an affair with her. The two start living together but Mary probably can't overcome the moral difficulties of forgetting her husband while she raises his child with his shameless father. She decides to get rid of her. Together with Ron, they plot to murder the girl, and Ron carries out the plan, killing the 4-year old girl and tossing her body in the river.
In 2011, the two were convicted of murder and sentenced to life in prison.

Prey For Nothing - "Chekhov's Gun" Massacre Records

"Yes, I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available, because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."
~Charlie Sheen

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2013, 03:33:45 AM »
It's nice I suppose, even though I can't stand those radio-friendly cuter than life songs.

Quite all right, I can't stand metal anymore myself. ;) Particularly when it's melodeath bordering on metalcore.

Disturbing story. I didn't really get a sense of the twistedness from the video, but that's a really troubling event. Reading old Internet news articles on it now, and it just gets weirder and weirder. Poor Rose.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Mooning Freddy

• The scent of my butt will set your soul wandering for eternity!
  • Master Hunter
  • I simply love children.
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2013, 09:06:26 AM »
I believe the video is about the irresponsibility or cruelty of parents. Chekhov's gun is a great metaphor, like the writing on the wall, people only pay attention to the gun, or the signs, when it's already too late.
"Yes, I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available, because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."
~Charlie Sheen

Offline Bergaron

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (PS3/X360)
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2013, 12:59:45 AM »
My dream is to see Alucard entering Dracula's castle in LOS2, dressed as Tony Montana with a gold watch in one hand and the vampire killer in the other. While this sounds like background music ..

Push It To The Limit (scarface)
"He who fights monsters should beware, lest he become a monster himself"

Offline TheouAegis

• Amateur Auteur of GMvania
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • GMvania Developer's Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2013, 02:01:20 PM »
Garbage - weird HD

Makes me want to bone redheads, or at least auburn-heads. And to think, Shirley's 47 years old and still fuckalicious.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2013, 02:04:04 PM by TheouAegis »
Your mom has had more floppies put in her than a Commodore 64!

Follow my lack of progress on my game at my blog:
http://gmvania.blogspot.com

Tags:

anything