Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Super Castlevania 3 Project--Progress Report  (Read 190279 times)

Offline TheouAegis

• Amateur Auteur of GMvania
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • GMvania Developer's Blog
    • Awards
Re: Super Castlevania 3 Project--Progress Report
« Reply #30 on: November 30, 2012, 08:44:17 PM »
That room transition is interesting. Seems to clash a bit, but I like that whole "old room dropping off".
Your mom has had more floppies put in her than a Commodore 64!

Follow my lack of progress on my game at my blog:
http://gmvania.blogspot.com

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: December 01, 2012, 02:42:19 AM »
That's very cool!! Keep up the great work guys!!  ;)
Ruler of Chaos

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: December 01, 2012, 07:20:27 AM »
Looks pretty fantastic. Can't wait. Good work guys.

Offline Las

• Vampire Hunter
  • Whoa dude!what a horrible night for no beer.....
  • Awards 2016-02 Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: December 01, 2012, 01:24:15 PM »
Yeah thanks! The room transition isn't how you see it in the video. It's fixed now. I just havent shot a newer video yet. I still need to take off the rectangles LC coded in. Then i will, showing a more fixed door scenario.

Taking Edward Scissorhands to a whole new level!

Offline Las

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: March 30, 2013, 02:43:19 PM »
Just a brief progress report on SCV3. Currently working on mountains side stage though not ready to show any screenshot or footage yet. And though Clocktower is a heavy wip, i can note that Grant's room has been tweaked a bit. As well as Nasty Grant himself. He is now been coded in by Lord Cyber, and needs a tiny tweak so he'll hit the floor(probably x,y coordiantes are off). Also i need to reput the blocks back in after i rework the clock itself. Well for those of you who wondered what he would look like in 16 bit(sprites courtesty of Donofrio and a few frames myself). ......I give you Nasty Grant...er...Not-so-easy-to-defeat-Grant(its' what his name should be).
Super Casltevania 3 -Nasty Grant boss fight demo
You may noticed LC came up with some nifty AI for Grant!
Soon.....yes.....soon other suprises await! .....til then..my friends......have fun with the vid. Hope you enjoy! ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #35 on: March 30, 2013, 02:52:25 PM »
I like the new AI. He seems like a bit more of a challenge.
"Stuff and things."

Offline Las

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: March 30, 2013, 07:15:48 PM »
yeah he is more challenging. Perhaps on lower level diffuculty his knives could hurt less. He's no easy cup of tea. It probalby will be best to make sure you have good sub items before taking him on.

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #37 on: March 31, 2013, 12:58:43 AM »
Pretty cool, also this rotatory transformation is very creative. :P
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Las

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: April 11, 2013, 02:06:46 AM »
Back with another update! Though it isnt' quite finished,it is,however near completion. I've been working solidly on the Mountain Range for a bit now, so here's a view(sry bout the bad quality vid...camstudio is acting up again):
Super Castlevania 3 - Mountain Range Level(NC)
Thanks to coding on the spike flipblocks and falling blocks by LC, we now have a fully working Mountain Range. Still want to add some sunset to the clouds,some hoist pulley system in the mine shaft area(maybe for props), shimmering/reflection on lake(Reiko can do it with photoshop), and adding the water at the bottom of rooms 4 and 5. I still plan to tweak room 10 aswell. I have yet to find a video that plays that area. Most people on youtube fly and skip it with alucard. The sotn bird will eventually do what it does in that game(probably just a prop). K, so this level is tough as nails. In fact....you will more or less get obliterated in room 7(from falling blocks)or room 13(blood drips). I may keep blood drips, but maybe as a prop. The falling blocks i'll probalby make hurt less(4 blocks per 1 health piece).  Still have yet to add a mid boss or the boss. Chances are....i strongly doubt you'll see any repeats here! It reminds me i need to stretch the mid boss area a bit. Well it's not far from being completely playable at this point. Figured i'd jump the gun and show ya's what i got! Enjoy!

Offline TheouAegis

• Amateur Auteur of GMvania
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • GMvania Developer's Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: April 11, 2013, 09:44:09 PM »
Er... Were there mine carts and tracks back in the 15th century?
Your mom has had more floppies put in her than a Commodore 64!

Follow my lack of progress on my game at my blog:
http://gmvania.blogspot.com

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #40 on: April 11, 2013, 10:23:19 PM »
Were there motorcycles back when CV64 happens?
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Las

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #41 on: April 11, 2013, 11:44:49 PM »
Ok interesting point you bring up Theo. But when i searched for it, and i did this previous to making the stage, or at least adding stuff to it, i found the answer very difficult to answer. And furthemore diffucult to locate a specific time. It's possible when i read all of these and if you do you'll see why:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mining#Prehistoric_mining
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Railways
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_rail_transport
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minecart

Though it was more likely around 1500's or so. It's altogether possible even prior to that. The reason is due to railways. Which Minecarts did run  on. Though it was noted that the Spainish used them alot in 1556, it can be traced all the way to 1350 where the first known railway was invented in  Minster of Freiburg in Breisgau in Germany, dating from around 1350. Also it notes that around teh Dark Ages(''m guessing going into the Chivalry Age, Medival times), that they mined for gold,ore,copper, and varous other things deposits. So  To think that between 1350 and 1556 that the minecarts, railsystem were developed seems reasonalbe. Though it does mention that these were very commonly used in 17 th Century Europe.

So more or less anywhere from roughly 14th to 17th century they had some hand in on mining in Europe. I researched further and Romans and Greeks along with Egyptains used simiar things for mining in or around 6 BC(doesnt mention mine carts though). Well theirs alot of Imformation about it. It does seem to be roughtly around that era. So it is possible to see them. I wouldn't doubt it. Although clearly you'd see more mine shafts/mine carts, and better developed ones towards the later end of 17th Century in Europe,pre dating any steam enginry.   

Now that i think of it i watched a program on history channel i believe where they find holes/mine shafts in Michigan were tehy is mining shafting for copper(where the wolf and Moose population dropped cause they'd fall to their deaths). They had railways and mine carts, though the entrances where down and slanted, and i remeber them saying something about after Dark Ages. So yeah it's highly possible.

All signs in Michigan is that not only did they think Spainish Mined their before America was discovered but it may be actually that the Spainish are the first ones to Discover America prior to any of the Spainish explorer like Cortez, more likely before Vespucci,all signs point to it. Kinda of interesting what you learn. But yeah it sounds reasonably legit from what i read online and heard on tv. Can't say it's too far fetched seeing that in medieval times they searched for silver,copper,iron ore, howd they transport all that. I doubt by hand or horses. Btw sry for the long paragraph. :P
« Last Edit: April 11, 2013, 11:48:04 PM by Las »

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #42 on: April 11, 2013, 11:45:54 PM »
Er... Were there mine carts and tracks back in the 15th century?
Were there motorcycles back when CV64 happens?

That's part of the magic of Castlevania even if we don't like it. It seems to be a step or several steps ahead of everyone else.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Las

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: April 11, 2013, 11:54:25 PM »
Well the truth of the matter is, even in that era it was highly possible that they did have them and even used them though if so they probably were more basic(begining stages) and didn't look quite like those mine carts, the railways probably did though...er reasonably close probably. I'd guess mine carts would be more wooden looking like you'd see with that picture on wiki with the Spainish using. So yeah all very decent possiblities for that era anyways. And i agree Castlevania games do have a way of bringins some futuristic things forward. Like the motorcycles in N64 games. I'm sure theirs other things. Like Frankensteins and a chainsaw. hmm...yeah probably not but still a kick ass enemy in that game and scary as hell looking too. Crap the werewolves still make me cringe when i watch them from that game.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #44 on: April 12, 2013, 12:12:32 AM »
I have absolutely no doubts that a form of railway system was in place to help make deep mining more feasible. But I'm fairly sure that before they used metal rails they would have employed what's known as a tramway system. Tramways are like railways except that in the place of metal tracks they used wooden logs layed out one after another to form a track system. During the Klondike gold rush up here in the Yukon (1896 to 1899), a tramway system was employed in order to bypass the dangerous rapids that claimed countless lives of gold-seekers.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Tags: