Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Today is (was) my birthday  (Read 5532 times)

Offline Bloodreign

• Old school and nothing but old school
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • The Best
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2013, 03:16:49 AM »
Sounds like you need to get into shape there, BR. :p

You're not the only one who thinks that, I do as well. I started with some light walking (1 and 1/4th mile) on one day I was off a week, trouble is I'm on my feet all day (that counts for the foot and knee pain, 18 years of walking on concrete will destroy your feet and knees eventually) and when it comes time to walk, the pain decides to kick in. But I'll keep at it till I'm doing over 2 miles, maybe try getting a bike again to bike my legs back into shape (when I was in school, it was common of me to bike 20 miles or more a day just for shits and giggles, or to visit friends).

My back aches are from years of lifting shit, that takes a toll on your back eventually. Not the best picture of health right now, but far from the worst. Need to also cut down on the soda intake, that stuff right there can leave you feeling drained.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2013, 03:18:21 AM by Bloodreign »

Offline beingthehero

• Duke of New York
  • Master Hunter
  • EROTIC VIOLENCE
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2013, 07:06:49 PM »
I thought your back aches came from years of hunching over Gradius arcade cabinets

Offline Bloodreign

• Old school and nothing but old school
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • The Best
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2013, 11:29:26 PM »
No, there was never one of those cabinets around here. I had my exposure to the series via NES and SNES. I own much better ports of the arcade titles these days, mainly picking them up the last 10 years or so (after MAME-ing some versions awhile).

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2013, 12:25:44 AM »
I hear ya on the soda. I've got a big ol' gut from slamming down cheap Walmart root beer about five years ago and it hasn't gone away since--probably because I still drink soda on a regular basis and rarely exercise. :p I gotta get STUDLY.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Phoenix7786

• Legendary Hunter
  • Neg on that, Chummer
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2013, 10:39:42 PM »
But I'll keep at it till I'm doing over 2 miles, maybe try getting a bike again to bike my legs back into shape (when I was in school, it was common of me to bike 20 miles or more a day just for shits and giggles, or to visit friends).

Yeah the bike will definitely be a LOT easier on your knees. I was born with some knee trouble, to the point that bending down after doing retail for several years results in audible cracks and trouble standing back up. The doctor didn't even want me on the bike, but said if I had to lose some weight exercising the bike would do it. He was right about that.
12/1/12: Nominated for my 1st award! Thanks to all :D

Tags:

anything