Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: AC Movie first look at Fassbender  (Read 3044 times)

Offline TatteredSeraph

• Queen of the Damned
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« on: August 27, 2015, 02:33:01 PM »
https://www.yahoo.com/movies/assassins-creed-first-look-heres-michael-127715456582.html 

A first look at the Assassin's Creed movie's bene posted, in the form of a pic of Michael Fassbender as a brand new, original character, Callum Lynch.  I'm not convinced right now.  Something looks off, and not just the brigtened eyes in the image.
"Blood is Family. Blood is Power. Blood is Everything"

Offline Belmontoya

• Composer/ Voice Actor
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-09-Sprite Contest 3rd Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2015, 03:44:50 PM »
Really? I think he looks cool as hell. He's a top notch actor too.
The worst monsters are human.

Offline TatteredSeraph

• Queen of the Damned
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2015, 04:26:45 PM »
Oh, he's a good actor, yeah, but there's something off.  I think the photoshopped overly bright whites of his eyes make him look like he's wearing glasses somehow to me, which doesn't fit.  The costme itself loks pretty good.  We'll see.  I must admit as well that I was expecting to see him in the traditional white and red robes.

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2015, 11:39:33 PM »
I'm cautiously optimistic for a few reasons.
1) I've never really played any of the AC games so it'll be easier for them to not piss me off with changes.
2) The fact they say he is a brand new character is great. That tell me they are doing a new story that will not necessarily step all over the established canon. I should point out that the only Resident Evil movie I like is the first one. The rest of them either insult me as a player of those games or are so divergent from the events of the games as to not even register as being related at all.
3) I'm a fan of Fassbender as an actor.
4) I can't make a judgement on an early pic.
"Stuff and things."

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2015, 02:13:36 AM »
Goody. :)
I think they wanted to emphasize the eagle vision effect by brightening the eyes.

Offline TatteredSeraph

• Queen of the Damned
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2015, 03:18:28 AM »
Goody. :)
I think they wanted to emphasize the eagle vision effect by brightening the eyes.

That's the only thing I can think.  But I've always seen it that the main bloodlines that Desmond is of who possess the eagle vision have golden/golden-brown eyes (which perhaps brighten in intensity whe  eagle vision is activated) indicative of their blood from Those Who Came Before.  It would have worked better imo to have the full body shot, not brighten the eyes, but then have a facial clse up shot showing the eagle vision in his eyes.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2015, 12:26:54 AM »
News coming from the Twitter Q&A with Aymar Azaizia (Head of Content for Assassin's Creed) about the upcoming AC movie.
- The movie is set during 15th century Spanish Inquisition
- The focus for the movie was to craft an elegant story and not to overwhelm newcomers with tons of references.
- There will be present day with Abstergo and some familiar faces. The present day setting is a key element for the movie.
- For what concerns the possibility of meeting Assassins and Templars from the previous games, Aymar said: "We may have surprises for you!"
- The movie will be in the same universe of the AC games, books and comics and so elements in the film have consequences.
- The movie will expand the AC lore and there will be a new version of the Animus.

Familiar faces in the present day... Rebecca and Shaun?

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2015, 11:11:20 PM »
More movie stuff from access the animus:

1. Costume Designer on the Assassin’s Creed movie Sammy Sheldon Differ truly understands the gravity of creating a new Assassin look, “Having researched in depth the worlds of each of the games, I have much respect for the historical accuracy and vast characterization represented in each game. This has been a fantastic starting point to understand what is needed to be faithful to the artistic content and begin creating our film world.”
She also offered insights regarding the creative choices in this outfit, “I have used our [setting] of 15th century Spain, with its strong influences of Moorish deco to give the Assassin’s looks a warrior personification.”
It bears noting that the Moors had conquered a good portion of the Iberian Penninsula (modern day Spain and Portugal) between the early 8th and 15th centuries, so a distinct cultural influence would definitely be apparent. Differ continues, “Creating a protective quality to the body without using typical armor, we have used bone, metal, weaving leather and beading as decorative yet protective surface inspired by Moorish and North African texture and patter.”
But, of course, some classic Assassin styles remain, as Differ points out, “Complimenting this with the Assassin’s idea of ‘Flight’ represented by the sweeping lines across the body and maintaining the hooded silhouette seen so many times in the game world.”

2. Actor Carlos Bardem has announced on his Twitter account that he is joining the cast of the Assassin's Creed movie, along with Michael Fassbender, Marion Cotillard, Michael Kenneth Williams, and Ariane Labed.

3. In the last days, this picture has been spreading through the internet, described as the first shooting location in Malta of the new Assassin's Creed Movie.
We don't have any official confirmation nor denial about this but, in order to clarify things, this picture was posted on twitter by user PeritCMintoff on August 28th with this text:
"@assassinscreed movie set in ‪#‎Valletta‬ ‪#‎assassinscreedmovie‬ "

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2015, 12:10:03 AM »

New picture of the Assassin's Creed Movie shooting in Malta. If you look carefully at the picture, more or less in the middle of it, there is a stuntman jumping down off the church in Merchant Street, Valletta.

Tags:

anything