Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Konami will be at Gamescom 2011 with Castlevania!  (Read 98286 times)

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
Re: Konami will be at Gamescom 2011 with Castlevania!
« Reply #180 on: August 16, 2011, 08:16:07 AM »
Special 25th anniversary Hodespair DLC: a complication stage consisting of recycled material from ALL 2d games.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #181 on: August 16, 2011, 08:51:38 AM »
LOL

They have
Blades of Time
and
Birds of Steel

...but no "Blades of Steel"!?!?!?
At least there's Burger Time. :P

But yeah, no real Castlevania.  And the one in there doesn't count, as
1. it's not new, it's been out
2. it's only a port (though 'maybe' with new features)
3. it's not a full game.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline affinity

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Will make a staunch stand on one subject and never, ever budge. The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #182 on: August 16, 2011, 08:58:37 AM »
It does count!
1. It is technically will be new to the PS3 masses that haven't touched 360.   
2.  so what that it's a port?   Fans demand Castlevania ports everyday.   Plus it's added 4 players local co-op, which is a huge deal for many 1st day buyers out there, that feature alone will win the other half of the crowd that prefer co-op locally besides online.  So it isn't just a straight port.  SOTN on DXC most certainly wasn't just a straight port of the PS1 version.  There's more than enough differences to be called an upgrade.
3. It is a full game.   DLC are extra optional bonus content that expands it further.

http://gamingbolt.com/konami-announces-lineup-for-gamescom-2011

hurray!    ;D

Castlevania Harmony of Despair, being the brilliant and fun masterpiece that it is, is getting its well deserved encore!   ^_^

Konami presenting Castlevania Harmony of Despair at this event must mean it's a big deal to them and it's proven to be successful and loved by most fans, that it really is reaching far greater levels of success and popularity!    It really is most excellent of them to not only release it for PSN within the coming weeks, but to also present this glorious and magnificent treasure at Gamescom this summer!   :)

Anyone else hyped?   ^_^
« Last Edit: August 16, 2011, 09:00:41 AM by affinity »

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Awards
« Reply #183 on: August 16, 2011, 09:05:03 AM »
Your response is almost flamebait, now.
Do you take humor in posting responses that will inevitably infuriate and instigate people in this forum?
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Gecko

• King for 1,000 Years on Occasion Avenue
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #184 on: August 16, 2011, 09:05:34 AM »
It does count!
2.  so what that it's a port?   Fans demand Castlevania ports everyday.   Plus it's added 4 players local co-op, which is a huge deal for many 1st day buyers out there, that feature alone will win the other half of the crowd that prefer co-op locally besides online.  So it isn't just a straight port.  SOTN on DXC most certainly wasn't just a straight port of the PS1 version.
3. It is a full game.   DLC are extra optional bonus content that expands it further.

hurray!    ;D

Castlevania Harmony of Despair, being the brilliant and fun masterpiece that it is, is getting its well deserved encore!   ^_^

Konami presenting Castlevania Harmony of Despair at this event must mean it's a big deal to them and it's proven to be successful and loved by most fans, that it really is reaching far greater levels of success and popularity!    It really is most excellent of them to not only release it for PSN within the coming weeks, but to also present this glorious and magnificent treasure at Gamescom this summer!   :)

Anyone else hyped?   ^_^

I know you have over 200 posts but uh...

...Are you a troll by chance? I enjoyed HoDespair too, but christ, I'd never call it a masterpiece or a treasure. It was okay. And I'd like something that didn't already come out a year ago to celebrate the 25th anniversary of my favorite series, thank you. This actually makes me want to throw up a little, if this is all we get. A port of a year-old game, with a feature that should have been in the original release anyway. Wow...
------------
Return to CastleVania

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
« Reply #185 on: August 16, 2011, 09:05:51 AM »

How can you be so damn happy about a game you've already bought and played? It makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. Are you gonna buy it one more time? It's just.... unheard of. It seems you prefer Despair to be released over and over and over again instead of a completely new game. Am I right? But I'm happy for you, I really am.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #186 on: August 16, 2011, 09:07:58 AM »
affinity relishes in our despair, no pun intended

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #187 on: August 16, 2011, 09:10:56 AM »
I don't get the excitement either. Even if a game was re-released which I thought was the greatest master piece ever produced I wouldn't give a damn about it. I already got it.       

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #188 on: August 16, 2011, 09:11:19 AM »
Clearly a trollbait.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Administrator
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #189 on: August 16, 2011, 09:11:52 AM »
I know you have over 200 posts but uh...

...Are you a troll by chance? I enjoyed HoDespair too, but christ, I'd never call it a masterpiece or a treasure. It was okay. And I'd like something that didn't already come out a year ago to celebrate the 25th anniversary of my favorite series, thank you. This actually makes me want to throw up a little, if this is all we get. A port of a year-old game, with a feature that should have been in the original release anyway. Wow...

I am beginning to wonder this, myself.
If it were true, then this is a giant ruse and my wrath will be delivered with great prejudice.

EDIT:
Judging by the responses here, clearly that post was meant to instigate 'something' in the populace here.  You're getting a Warning, Affinity.  Although you are not outright breaking the rules, you are instigating by flamebait posts.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2011, 09:15:16 AM by Jorge D. Fuentes »
You must obey Da Rulez!

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #190 on: August 16, 2011, 09:14:26 AM »
I got a feeling shit's gonna get real.

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #191 on: August 16, 2011, 09:15:34 AM »
Wow. Way to ultra troll.

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
« Reply #192 on: August 16, 2011, 09:16:21 AM »
Next year, I expect Konami to announce - wait for it - Harmony of Despair for 3DS, followed by a PC version, an iPhone port and one for the Wii U. And then, in 2013, it's time to celebrate Harmony of Despair 3rd Anniversary with new DLC and a teaser trailer for Harmony of Despair 2, which will run on the same engine to save money. Also, it ditches the Castlevania name cause that series is long dead by then.

Offline cecil-kain

• Lord and Host
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Operation Akumajo
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #193 on: August 16, 2011, 09:16:51 AM »
It does count!
2.  so what that it's a port?   Fans demand Castlevania ports everyday.   Plus it's added 4 players local co-op, which is a huge deal for many 1st day buyers out there, that feature alone will win the other half of the crowd that prefer co-op locally besides online.  So it isn't just a straight port.  SOTN on DXC most certainly wasn't just a straight port of the PS1 version.  There's more than enough differences to be called an upgrade.

hurray!    ;D

Anyone else hyped?   ^_^

Everyone here loves Castlevania Affinity, but there's something disturbing about your incessantly hyping this particular game.  Aside from the multiplayer (the really strong point) the only thing this game really offers are some sharp visuals and remixed music --to polish a heap of shamelessly recycled content.  Konami can and should do be doing much better than what this game actually delivers...  Of course it's a day one purchase because I'm a fan, but I'm already dreading the "been there, done that" feeling...

Holding out some hope that Konami might still design some truly original environments to enjoy...

Offline Deko21

• Jack of all trades, master of none
  • Vampire Hunter
  • The world is corrupt
    • Awards
« Reply #194 on: August 16, 2011, 02:30:13 PM »
I see HD's release on the PS3 more of a treat for those who only have a PS3 and didn't play the game yet (me for example).
Next year, I expect Konami to announce - wait for it - Harmony of Despair for 3DS, followed by a PC version, an iPhone port and one for the Wii U. And then, in 2013, it's time to celebrate Harmony of Despair 3rd Anniversary with new DLC and a teaser trailer for Harmony of Despair 2, which will run on the same engine to save money. Also, it ditches the Castlevania name cause that series is long dead by then.

I really don't want to see that happen x_x

As much as i want to play HD, i don't want to see the recycled frankenstein monster be ported to more and more consoles that's enough to make your head explode.
"I may not be able to use the whip, but i can still kick your ass!" -Jonathan Morris

Tags: