Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Konami will be at Gamescom 2011 with Castlevania!  (Read 97127 times)

Offline DarkPrinceAlucard

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
  • Your dark prince has arrived.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Re: Konami will be at Gamescom 2011 with Castlevania!
« Reply #75 on: August 05, 2011, 10:30:28 AM »
I agree.

I still hate that Konami felt the need to show the Alucardvania at TGS only to supposedly cancel it in favor of LOS.

That was just a slap in the face to anyone who was actually interested in the trailer (like myself).

Castlevania Modding Forum http://castlevaniamodding.boards.net/

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #76 on: August 05, 2011, 11:17:03 AM »
That was just a slap in the face to anyone who was actually interested in the trailer (like myself).

Yeah, I was pretty pissed that they'd show off a new 3D game with Alucard only to cancel it...
Currently Playing: Resident Evil 2 [N64]
Games Beaten This Year (2020): 20 Games

Offline thernz

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #77 on: August 05, 2011, 11:21:17 AM »
Not sure why you'd be pissed considering that it was a 3D game with IGA behind it. HEH.

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #78 on: August 05, 2011, 11:56:33 AM »
Well, considering it might have been one of the proposed pitches in order to make Castlevania "new and exciting again" it might have turned out godly.

BUT WE NEVER FIND OUT NOW WON'T WE     

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #79 on: August 05, 2011, 11:58:15 AM »
Not sure why you'd be pissed considering that it was a 3D game with IGA behind it. HEH.

But I liked CoD and LoI.
More on the latter, since CoD was MAJOR bland. D:
Currently Playing: Resident Evil 2 [N64]
Games Beaten This Year (2020): 20 Games

Offline thernz

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #80 on: August 05, 2011, 12:21:04 PM »
"new and exciting"
Better add Alucard.

Well, apparently LoS is SCVIV so okay.

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #81 on: August 05, 2011, 12:24:10 PM »
Yes, but Alucard is cool so Konami has to whore him out.

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #82 on: August 05, 2011, 12:45:58 PM »
a 3dvania with alucard? its called Curse of Darkness.
Its not alucard, but it is a white haired girly-men associated with dracula and now fights against him with tons of Weapons and Familiars.
only thing CoD was missing were spells, and the combo system has that pretty much covered.
shape shifting was one only thing CoD didn't have at all

and considering that IGA has something to do with it, Alucard 3dVania was gonna be CoD for xbox360/PS3.
I can see why Konami Dropped it for something better.

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Offline DarkPrinceAlucard

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
  • Your dark prince has arrived.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
« Reply #83 on: August 05, 2011, 02:00:22 PM »

and considering that IGA has something to do with it, Alucard 3dVania was gonna be CoD for xbox360/PS3.

How can you be so sure?

For all we know IGA learned from his mistakes and was going to make this Alucard game into a proper CV title.

Lets face it the only thing that was wrong with COD was the dungeon style gameplay and lack of platforming.

Both could easily be fixed so I see no reason why IGA can not fix such issues.

Some of you just think IGA is basically retarded.

I'm pretty sure he has heard the fans negative backlash regarding his 3D CV titles and thus I think he may have learned from it.

« Last Edit: August 05, 2011, 02:01:58 PM by DarkPrinceAlucard »

Castlevania Modding Forum http://castlevaniamodding.boards.net/

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #84 on: August 05, 2011, 02:09:17 PM »
IGA is cool because he hangs out with cosplaying Simon Belmonts and whips clowns. So shut it.   

Offline Foffy

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #85 on: August 05, 2011, 02:31:16 PM »
How can you be so sure?

For all we know IGA learned from his mistakes and was going to make this Alucard game into a proper CV title.

Lets face it the only thing that was wrong with COD was the dungeon style gameplay and lack of platforming.

Both could easily be fixed so I see no reason why IGA can not fix such issues.

Some of you just think IGA is basically retarded.

I'm pretty sure he has heard the fans negative backlash regarding his 3D CV titles and thus I think he may have learned from it.

What people tend to forget is that the repetitive nature of the PS2 games is more of the blame of Takashi Takeda than Igarashi. Takeda was game designer and director to Curse of Darkness, Lament of Innocence, and Harmony of Despair, the three games many argue as the most repetitious titles in the series. Igarashi is probably more in a role where he approves and assists the story and gives the okay on what core gameplay elements are. I'm sure he's never approved of level design, as he's never had a role like that during his career with Konami.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2011, 02:33:04 PM by Foffy »

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #86 on: August 05, 2011, 03:16:54 PM »
that's funny cuz IGA himself prefers to take the blame for why LoI & CoD weren't successful

IGA: In regards to 3D, I haven't been very successful in the past & that pisses the hell outta me, so I'm not giving up.
What do you think the problem has been in that game translating over to 3D?
IGA: I just think it's me.
Why you?
IGA: I just think I can make it a lot more fun, I think I can do a lot more with it and I just wanna keep trying & do better.

Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia - Koji Igarashi Interview

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #87 on: August 05, 2011, 03:21:06 PM »
Don't Japanese people blame themselves for everything their company does wrong though?

poor iga ;__; 

Offline Foffy

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #88 on: August 05, 2011, 03:30:42 PM »
He takes the blame like any producer should. It's just not his personal fault or involvement that led the games to have repetitive elements.

Offline Pemburu Vampir

• Nameless
  • Legendary Hunter
  • I can speak Engrish fluently.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #89 on: August 05, 2011, 03:39:08 PM »
LoI was repetitive and then he made CoD, which was 10x more repetitive than LoI. Why won't he learn?

Tags: