Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Spritework Request & Showcase Thread  (Read 1056132 times)

Offline vyck_st.judas

• Hunter in Training
  • Chillin' at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
« Reply #705 on: June 29, 2012, 03:00:48 PM »
The whip crash thing there is a place holder. I found it strange that he can crash all these subweapons but not his whip. Homeboy has been training with that thing for how long? He's practically a victorian era super hero. He can make it rain holy water, Turn the pages of the bible into whirling blades of death, and summon jesus christ, but he can't crash the whip?!? The real attack will look more like an SNK take omega red's tentacle whip thing.

Edit: Correction, He CAN crash the whip. He enchants it with fire, But I'm using that as a buff spell reaction from another player.
I have to give separate Fire, ice, lightning, and nature FX to each weapon.

« Last Edit: June 30, 2012, 01:16:34 PM by vyck_st.judas »

Offline Las

• Vampire Hunter
  • Whoa dude!what a horrible night for no beer.....
  • Awards 2016-02 Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • Awards
« Reply #706 on: June 30, 2012, 09:45:03 AM »
Hey guys i got a brief question. Does anyone have a full screenshot of this chapel room without the stairs,ceiling, and pues:

Reason being is i would like to at some point use this with that 3d zplotting background for a particular room. I still have to learn how that kind of code works. And if anyone who knows would care to explain i'd be greatful. Sadly though the image here will not do. I need the overlapping sprites removed. I know backgrounds while taking screenshots can be removed. However the room is so large that i am not sure where in the room the actual image lies. it isn't a locked in 320x240 view. Like where the hell the middle or median of the room would be. there is a way to remove all that hoopla(sprites etc). But i really dont' wanna have to cut and paste. That will be a headache i don't wanna deal with seeing its a flattened 3d image. IF anyone can be of assistance it would be greatly appreaciated. I am looking to do the same with other backdrops like buildings, and perhaps the clocktower. Well ok thanks guys!

Taking Edward Scissorhands to a whole new level!

Offline RavenZX13

• Atop the bell tower....
    • Awards
Re: Spritework Request & Showcase Thread
« Reply #707 on: July 01, 2012, 07:33:38 AM »
Hello ladies & gentlemen.

A while back in feburary, I made a topic on looking for a sprite artist who could create a custom set sprites of Sonia Belmont to replace either Jonathan or Richter in Portrait of Ruin. Unfortunately, I couldn't follow up on it due to personal issues affecting my everyday life. Now finally, I'm freed up to continue this pursuit. Would anyone be kind in taking up this request of mine please? If it helps in motivation, I offer to pay $100 cash for the time & effort into this. If anyone is interested, please do send me an email at shadow_RavenX@yahoo.com. It's much appreciated. Thank you.
Life is a gift. Death is the return policy.

Don't forget the receipt on your way out......

Offline RavenZX13

• Awards
« Reply #708 on: July 04, 2012, 03:02:28 AM »
Anyone out there can help me out? The offer is legit.

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #709 on: July 04, 2012, 03:48:43 AM »
I don't think offering cash for this kind of thing is good practice.
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline RavenZX13

• Awards
« Reply #710 on: July 05, 2012, 12:46:39 PM »
True. You do have a point. Thing is, it is a service I am asking of someone to do for me, whoever it is that is willing to do me the favor. In return for their time & effort that goes to making something for me from basically nothing, I'm willing to pay for the work & credit them for the work.That's why I offer $100 for anyone who is willing to do the work. Again, you do have a point, that I'm not arguing.

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
  • Awards 2015-01-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #711 on: July 06, 2012, 07:10:53 AM »
Skeleton Leader, out of boredom.
Have to put it up as an attachment, because apparently every image hosting site likes to turn .pngs into .jpegs. And I'm too lazy to login on Photobucket for one file.

Trøllabundin eri eg, inn í hjartarót.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #712 on: July 06, 2012, 09:24:36 AM »
Hey guys i got a brief question. Does anyone have a full screenshot of this chapel room without the stairs,ceiling, and pues:

Reason being is i would like to at some point use this with that 3d zplotting background for a particular room. I still have to learn how that kind of code works. And if anyone who knows would care to explain i'd be greatful. Sadly though the image here will not do. I need the overlapping sprites removed. I know backgrounds while taking screenshots can be removed. However the room is so large that i am not sure where in the room the actual image lies. it isn't a locked in 320x240 view. Like where the hell the middle or median of the room would be. there is a way to remove all that hoopla(sprites etc). But i really dont' wanna have to cut and paste. That will be a headache i don't wanna deal with seeing its a flattened 3d image. IF anyone can be of assistance it would be greatly appreaciated. I am looking to do the same with other backdrops like buildings, and perhaps the clocktower. Well ok thanks guys!

There isn't really a location, dude.
This particular room is comprised of several 3D objects on a dark gray (24,24,24) background.
It is not a set of tiles or anything like that.
You need to make a 3D box.

If you were gonna replicate this room with 2D objects, the perspective as you climb the room will look off, as the windows will not look right.

If you really have to attempt it, it would be like this:
-Far Background - a solid color (that 'dark gray' behind the altar cross)
-The altar in the back
-A 'picture frame' composed of the left window, the right window, the floor reflections, and the ceiling archway, with a transparency in the center of the frame so that you can see the altar.
-Repeat 4 more times.
-The line in the bottom of the center

You would have to include alphatransparency grayscale lights on the right side of every pictureframe background to simulate the window's lighting, and set the alpha type to something like additive light, so that each light in front of it brightens up like in the picture.

The windows will NOT look right when you superjump or climb those stairs in the stage, though, because the perspective will be off.

An alternative would be to find a script that does something like the floor effect in Street Fighter II games, and apply such an effect vertically to the left and right of the stage... five times... each time with a different window.  It's work but not impossible.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Las

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #713 on: July 06, 2012, 10:39:30 AM »
Hmmm....yeah seems somewhat confusing. So each area is a part. Should it act as a cube. Like the back wall where the alter is is 1wall. The windows on teh left and right 2 more walls. The pillars on the ceiling another. And the floor yet another? I honesty tried using a tutorial engine called the w3d by snider. Though i haven't totally figured it out. I was able to get some of those houses from the nightmare in sotn in as fake 3d models. They rotate from side to side as you move and up and down as well.

I really haven't figured out all of the code yet. But i did figrue out what some of it does to change the x,y size and it's depth. You can make it appear right at your face or way the hell away from you. Yeah here's an example of some things i put it. I'll assume this room will act somewhat like the houses or the cube. As for the alpha thing well i'll have to figure that part out. I know ssf will allow you to pull out layers of backgrounds. So these stairs can be removed. Problem is the background colors are all black for the most part and i really woulnt' where the top and bottome begin and end near the windows.

Also because it's coded in as a 3d model i'm assuming the image may never be flat. I know i used to make jedi academy models and you needed to have a flattened image so as to wrap it around the wire frame model. Not that this exactly relates, but i just assumed it would be similar for real 3d models. So if you fake it how exaclty do you do that? Anyways here is that vid i recorded.
3d objects,rain fx,lens flare 1
room1 has just a 3d cube i pulled from the other engine. room2 has rain, thunder, and lightnign effects( not what were' talking about) and room3, has those sotn houses(very incorrect)and i added lens flares.Well to be honest i know very little about this stuff and it's a learning process so i'll try whatever advice i can.

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #714 on: July 06, 2012, 10:56:49 AM »
There isn't really a location, dude.
This particular room is comprised of several 3D objects on a dark gray (24,24,24) background.
It is not a set of tiles or anything like that.
You need to make a 3D box.

If you were gonna replicate this room with 2D objects, the perspective as you climb the room will look off, as the windows will not look right.

If you really have to attempt it, it would be like this:
-Far Background - a solid color (that 'dark gray' behind the altar cross)
-The altar in the back
-A 'picture frame' composed of the left window, the right window, the floor reflections, and the ceiling archway, with a transparency in the center of the frame so that you can see the altar.
-Repeat 4 more times.
-The line in the bottom of the center

You would have to include alphatransparency grayscale lights on the right side of every pictureframe background to simulate the window's lighting, and set the alpha type to something like additive light, so that each light in front of it brightens up like in the picture.

The windows will NOT look right when you superjump or climb those stairs in the stage, though, because the perspective will be off.

An alternative would be to find a script that does something like the floor effect in Street Fighter II games, and apply such an effect vertically to the left and right of the stage... five times... each time with a different window.  It's work but not impossible.

I would find it interesting to use the textures as a background tile set.
"Stuff and things."

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Awards
« Reply #715 on: July 06, 2012, 04:30:26 PM »
My host is down so I cannot host any pictures, argh... otherwise I'd whip up something.

The reason the 3D box houses look off is probably because the 3D model is just a box.
It cannot be a box and have that shape in the textures.

I saw something similar with the pinkish seam issues: Those 'probably' mean that the UVMapping of the texture to the model are slightly off.
You usually wanna oversize.  It's better if the graphic falls into the ether than for the graphic to be too small, because then the pink color will show.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Esco

• In SERIOUS need of sprite help for the SOTN HACKED engine! PM me please if you can help.
  • Forgotten One
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #716 on: July 06, 2012, 06:01:44 PM »
+2
LAS: You really should consider making posts like this on the GM FORUMS. The fact is while we have some talented people here, most of them don't know GM well. Jorge for example gave you an excellent and VERY detailed post above, but now you basically have to take that and put it on the GM forums asking "how do I do this in GM?"

To give you some assistance you will need to use flat primitives for the windows, and purple light beam, as well as the windows reflections; The stairs and floor are of course tiles. The ceiling arches and background cross are just normal 2d sprite objects. The light can be done in several ways, including a 3d primitive with alpha.... but I'm sure the GM people can come up with better ways for the light than that.

Also if you do it right, it will actually look just like in SOTN, but more detailed. Even though you will be using 3d stuff in a 2d game.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2012, 06:59:48 PM by Esco »
- Esco... the original New Yurican and creator of the Castlevania: SOTN Hacked Engine!

Link to the blog for the "hack:" http://sotnhacked.wordpress.com

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Administrator
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #717 on: July 06, 2012, 08:33:43 PM »
**+1's Esco's post**
Indeed, you should be looking into the GM forums and asking the right questions.
Or asking questions in a matter pertinent to how you want to make an effect, with detailed explanations so that they know what you're trying to convey, as there are a myriad of ways of making that effect, or a similar effect.

Everything Esco just said make sense.  He calls 'em "Flat Primitives", some other people say "Quadrangles", while others say "Textures on a flat polygon".
All of these things mean the same thing:  That flat window is essentially being superimposed on a polygon (a rectangle) and placed in 3D space.  It's one of the simpler 3D objects and if you learn how to manipulate those, you will be able to do it with other objects that are the same way (Puppet Swords, Azaghal's Weapon, Sword Familiar).
You must obey Da Rulez!

Offline Las

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #718 on: July 06, 2012, 09:39:22 PM »
Yeah funny that you mention Gm forums Esco.  those damn yoyo forums i can never enter. I signed up twice and both times wasn't able to so much as even log in,or post a comment. I also email the adminstrater. They never got back to me. I suppose if i can't ask any questions on their maybe i wont' need to. I'm more than certain someone on there is trying to do similar things aswell.  Theirs probably tons of post on that. So yeah i'll just check their.  As for flat primitives. I can only imagine the image needs to be flat. Then coded in maybe. That's how most of those 3 d sprites are shown. When someone rips them they rip the parts but their flat.

I have an idea of how the concepts work, and yeah good call on overlapping Jorge. The way the code is that i use is for a cube which will work only for somethings like here. Each sprite animation is another wall. JUst really confused on those houses with the roofs. That is a bit more of a task. I am gonna fool around and see if i can't take jorge's advice on that to make that room work just like in sotn. And yeah yoyo forums all that way! Say anyone know of any other very informative forums like yoyo. I found this one tutorial site, very detailed very nice. It's where i learned how to make paths. Got death partially working from that.

Offline Esco

• In SERIOUS need of sprite help for the SOTN HACKED engine! PM me please if you can help.
  • Forgotten One
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #719 on: July 07, 2012, 11:01:36 AM »
If you can't sign up, try a different email. And then another one if you need to, until you succeed. You WILL need to ask for help there for a game this big. I have had to do it MANY times, and I personally didn't have an issue luckily.

Also look up the word PRIMITIVES in the help file. There is a reason I specifically used that term. A flat one is actually very easy to do. The houses you will want to ask for help with under the 3d forums.  You might also want to DL model maker 3d, model creator, uvmapper and GM model fix. The facet fix in gm model fix is especially useful, but the rest of those tools me and my 3d artist needed on many occasions.
- Esco... the original New Yurican and creator of the Castlevania: SOTN Hacked Engine!

Link to the blog for the "hack:" http://sotnhacked.wordpress.com

anything