Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: New Nine Inch Nails  (Read 2769 times)

Offline Belmontoya

• Composer/ Voice Actor
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-09-Sprite Contest 3rd Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« on: December 23, 2016, 08:08:50 AM »
Yes!

New EP from Nine Inch Nails came out today. It's called "Not the Actual Events".

It's great. Reminds me of The Fragile.

Another great work from one of my biggest influences!

Merry Xmas!
The worst monsters are human.

Offline redrum

• Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Awards
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2016, 02:08:04 PM »
halo 1000?

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2016, 02:32:22 AM »
I'm liking it a lot, has a grit to it that hasn't been heard since Year Zero. Actually, the fuzzy guitars go further back, and that last song on the album (the single) made me put Swans' Filth back on my iPod because I wanted more lumbering, noisy guitar bullshit.

At only 21 minutes, damn it leaves me aching for more.

I also FINALLY got my download from NIN.com for the reworked, instrumental The Fragile: Deviations 1, but the WAV archive is incomplete/corrupted, and that's the format that I wanted. Complained to the people who sent it, hoping they'll reupload the WAV files. I've listened to a bit of the tracks and they sound really great.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2016, 04:35:07 PM »
Now that I've had a chance to hear The Fragile: Deviations 1 a few times through, it's one of my favorite albums of recent years. The album works really well as an instrumental work, especially with the vinyl/cassette tracks and all the new tracks seguing into the next song in different ways. I particularly like the way "Missing Places" acts as an extended intro to "We're in This Together", and this right here is my personal favorite of the new tracks:

2 1/2 hours of damn goodness.

I also grabbed the new Definitive Edition vinyl for the regular version of The Fragile, which came with WAV files, and I really like hearing the vinyl sequence of the album in high-quality digital. The little changes here and there are neat, and I'd never heard the original mix of "10 Miles High" before, only the Things Falling Apart version. Nothing will replace the original CD sequence, though: having "The Wretched" flow into "We're in This Together" works so much better, and I love the "with Decay" portion at the end of "Ripe", which the vinyl version doesn't have (but which Deviations thankfully does include).
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Tags:

anything