Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Adi Shankar Presents a Power/Rangers 'Bootleg Universe' One-Shot .  (Read 3052 times)

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=1595211644045797&pnref=story

This movie would be super awesome! But it probably would never happen.

Major Mortal Kombat Rebirth, Star Trek, Kill Bill, Versus, The Dark Knight, Real Life and other references to name a few.

If you want to see Jason Frank's comments about it go here:

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10152742566121687

On a side note:

THE PUNISHER: DIRTY LAUNDRY

Loved it.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2015, 06:53:41 AM by darkmanx_429 »

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Offline theANdROId

• Master Hunter
  • Raiding the Castle's Treasure Room...
  • Awards 2014-12-FoodItem Sprite Contest 3rd Place Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
Re: Adi Shankar Presents a Power/Rangers 'Bootleg Universe' One-Shot .
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2015, 09:06:08 AM »
Looked neat, and I'd probably want to see it if such a film came out...but overall I think I'd agree with what Jason said about it.  The series more of a kids show, and it just seems like it'd be better to spend the money and effort on something that can be viewed by the kids that still watch it.  It could still be a really good movie with a really good plot but with less gore, language, etc.

Who was the guy questioning
(click to show/hide)
supposed to be?  They mentioned each ranger except blue I think, and I think she called him Billy at one point...but then I think there were comments saying he was blue, or red, or from some other Power Rangers show.  I only ever watched the original.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2015, 10:12:29 AM »
Such a movie would definitely kick Power Rangers up a few notches. It looked impressive. However the only thing that I didn't agree with was the fact that the Rangers were using projectile weapons and metal swords when, according to the series, they had energy weapons and energy blades. But I also agree that it's probably a bit too dark for a younger fan audience to enjoy.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2015, 12:33:29 PM »
Looked neat, and I'd probably want to see it if such a film came out...but overall I think I'd agree with what Jason said about it.  The series more of a kids show, and it just seems like it'd be better to spend the money and effort on something that can be viewed by the kids that still watch it.  It could still be a really good movie with a really good plot but with less gore, language, etc.

Who was the guy questioning
(click to show/hide)
supposed to be?  They mentioned each ranger except blue I think, and I think she called him Billy at one point...but then I think there were comments saying he was blue, or red, or from some other Power Rangers show.  I only ever watched the original.

It was Rocky, the 2nd Red Ranger after Jason. (Had to look it up too, I am also a G1 Ranger watcher)I noticed she said his name at the very beginning.

Billy was the entrepreneur who shot himself. They also referenced him being openly gay just like in real life.

There was the other real-life reference of the original yellow ranger for the funeral scene who was killed in a car accident.

I noticed crazy movie references for Star Trek, The Dark Knight, Kill Bill, Versus, and probably other movies that didn't occur to me. If anyone else noticed any other movie references be sure to mention them.

I agree with Jason too, but I really want a adult version of MMPR. I get what he is saying though. Maybe a DVD only release especially if Lionsgate is getting involved...

Bootleg Breakdown:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/02/25/owner-of-power-rangers-property-wants-van-der-beek-bootleg-video-taken-down

On a side note:

Truth in Journalism: A Short Film by Joe Lynch on Vimeo
« Last Edit: February 26, 2015, 05:04:25 AM by darkmanx_429 »

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2015, 04:11:11 PM »
To be honest, the grittiness felt so silly to me that I thought it was a parody at first.
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline theANdROId

• Master Hunter
  • Raiding the Castle's Treasure Room...
  • Awards 2014-12-FoodItem Sprite Contest 3rd Place Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2015, 11:39:41 AM »
Seems to be down now, so I can't go back to see the references.  Thanks for answering my question though dark!

EDIT: NVM on it being down...tried again and it worked. :-S

Tags: