Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania Hand Drawn Guide  (Read 2429 times)

Offline Reinhart77

• Courage, don't leave me now.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
« on: September 02, 2022, 11:13:57 AM »
Looks like the first issue of Hand Drawn Gaming will feature the original NES Castlevania game.

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2022/09/random-if-you-enjoyed-hand-drawn-gaming-guides-this-new-magazine-is-just-for-you

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2022, 05:27:00 PM »
The art isn't bad, but I feel a bit more work and detail could go into it to really 'flesh' it out some. Someone also mentioned that it was a 8 page guide making it sound more like a pamphlet then an actual magazine. Since that's the case some more pages and information Like general information, history, development, interviews, etc. would really help it in that department too. But not bad. Not bad at all.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline PFG9000

• No, not the gun
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Fan of all things Floyd
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2022, 08:52:45 AM »
I don't really understand the appeal of the hand drawn game guides.  The art, while more skillful than the average person's abilities, isn't done on a professional level.  Yet the guides go for $150 if I recall correctly.  I get infinitely more enjoyment out of something like Kurt's HG101 Castlevania book, or Jeremy Parish's Castlevania book.  But maybe that's just me.

Offline Eric Roman

• Arima Red
  • Vampire Hunter
  • THE RISE that Eric Roman has sent
    • EricTJRoman.com
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2023, 12:45:03 PM »
That's one pretty involved work of fanart!

Tags:

anything