Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: PS3 blu ray disc reading errors! Help!  (Read 2229 times)

Offline Profbeanburrito

• Vampire Killer
  • Master Hunter
  • The Mask is a powerful device...
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« on: June 25, 2012, 10:33:36 PM »
So earlier today my wife was playing GTA4 and the game started freezing, it would load a few times but 5-10 minutes in to the game it would crash or freeze. So fast forward a few hours and now in the PS3 menu, it won't even show if a Blu Ray disc is in, no loading or anything, and when it does load it usually gives me an error code, this happens for every game and I don't get anything for blu ray movies, but DVDs still work fine. I've tried a couple options in safe mode and that hasn't helped either. I emailed Sony and of course they're no help.

I read that firmware update 4.11 has cause this to happen on other peoples PS3, and we downloaded update 4.20 and that didn't have anything to fix it.

Also I have an older fat 80Gb system

Hopefully if anything I just need a new blu ray reader. I'm not too tech savvy so I won't be taking it apart myself, but if anyone's got any info it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you all
What a horrible night to have a curse!

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: PS3 blu ray disc reading errors! Help!
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2012, 09:13:02 AM »
If this is happening due to an upgrade download then you should e-mail SONY and tell then exactly what;s going on. list everything you can think of. I've never had this problem yet but if it's caused by update 4.11 then I'll be sure to avoid downloading it  ;)
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline CrashDiary27

• Hunter in Training
  • game over
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
Re: PS3 blu ray disc reading errors! Help!
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2012, 05:30:28 PM »
The same thing happened to a buddy of mine. He ended up taking the top off and screwing around with it though. Somehow he got it to work again...Im not even sure he knows how he did it. I do remember him rambling about the lens.

Tags:

anything