Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: 19th century literary vampire sprites (Dracula, Carmilla, etc).  (Read 3872 times)

Offline Zydalc

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
19th century literary vampire sprites (Dracula, Carmilla, etc).
« on: December 29, 2019, 09:13:08 PM »
Hello I wonder if anyone's interested of doing SOTN style sprites of 19th century literary (and public domain) vampires like Dracula, Carmilla, Lord Ruthven, Varney, Clarimonde, etc on exactly they're described in their respective books?

Like for example, Dracula wearing all black suit attire without a single speck of color, hairy palms and clawed beast like hands, ruddy-cheeks, mustache, his eyes glow inferno red in his boss pose (while his eyes are normal in dialogue mode), plus both his old and young form as well.

Also Carmilla having a rosy healthy complexion and of course her ability to shapeshift into a giant black cat or a black panther that is.

At least you got the idea but I wonder if anyone is interested doing these sprites?
« Last Edit: December 29, 2019, 09:16:11 PM by Zydalc »

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: 19th century literary vampire sprites (Dracula, Carmilla, etc).
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2019, 10:11:09 PM »
You could always post a request in the Spritework Request & Showcase Thread. I would like to see character sprites of these classic literature villains myself  :)
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Zydalc

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2019, 12:01:16 PM »
You could always post a request in the Spritework Request & Showcase Thread. I would like to see character sprites of these classic literature villains myself  :)

Well here you go but I guess this thread could be kept around for further reference I guess.

Besides I'm now thinking about a Castlevania game concept based on Anno Dracula or the Undeath web comic by Philip Rice/Spearhafoc where Dracula has recruited fellow 19th century literary vampires to take over London which they did which you play as a Sonia Blue stand in character (a character from Nancy A Collin's books) which is basically a leather clad gothic punk vampire yourself to take on Dracula and other hoards that you normally face in Castlevania.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2019, 12:18:50 PM by Zydalc »

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2020, 02:58:29 AM »
I'm breaking the 120 day rule because you are literally the only person I have ever heard mention Anno Dracula which like my favorite Dracula novel ever. A game based on it could be freakin' great. Specially if I can play as Dr. Seward.
"Stuff and things."

Offline Zydalc

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2020, 12:18:45 AM »
+1
I'm breaking the 120 day rule because you are literally the only person I have ever heard mention Anno Dracula which like my favorite Dracula novel ever. A game based on it could be freakin' great. Specially if I can play as Dr. Seward.

I kinda prefer a Soul Reaver style game where you play as a Vampire who once served Dracula but betrayed and now seeks revenge or a former monster hunter who been killed and resurrected by a Necromancer as a Vampire ala Blood Omen 1.

Found this artwork from a /tg/ thread from warosu.org

https://warosu.org/tg/image/AXqF43qzrN5NPrxllxfCeg
« Last Edit: July 29, 2020, 12:22:05 AM by Zydalc »

Tags: