Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10
Fan Stuff / Re: Castlevania ReVamped - New Fan Game Out Now!
« Last post by Eric Roman on March 11, 2024, 09:15:49 PM »
Holy crap, this looks competent as hell.  Nice way of integrating all the greats!
Fan Stuff / Re: Carpathian Night Starring Bela Lugosi
« Last post by The Puritan on March 11, 2024, 08:00:34 PM »
Day One purchase, here I come.
« Last post by VladOfWallachia on March 11, 2024, 05:31:52 PM »
Wicked Borgo Ruins II gameplay footage:

« Last post by VladOfWallachia on March 11, 2024, 08:51:01 AM »
Carpathian Night Starring Bela Lugosi Steam Release Date:

(click to show/hide)
Off Topic / Re: Akira Toriyama has died
« Last post by zangetsu468 on March 11, 2024, 04:38:09 AM »
Miura and Toriyama’s passing within 3 years are tragedies within the global community of manga, anime and Japanese pop culture as a whole….. R.I.P. 💐 🪦 🕊️
« Last post by Bloodreign on March 10, 2024, 04:57:36 AM »
We can add another one today, Tarako Isono, voice of Chibi Maruko-chan since it started, as well as Magical Taruruto-kun, age 63. Apparently she died on the 4th, and I feel as though her death will be overlooked due to Toriyama's passing.
Fan Stuff / Re: Castlevania ReVamped - New Fan Game Out Now!
« Last post by Aceearly1993 on March 09, 2024, 05:23:35 PM »
Congrats on release!
I'm touched to see a fan made game having such detailed and fully functional control setup screen. Good work!

Will have a good time messing up with it once my other game related projects are done.
Naturally, when you have a series that hasn't had a serious console release in a decade, you are going to have many different smaller developers who loved the game and want to make a game to scratch the itch for themselves, as well as for other fans. Some express this hunger through fan games and others through original stories.

Metroidvania is a very broad term, and yet a crucial term/hashtag for any smaller developer trying to get their game seen, be it a fan game or original. There is a wide variety of open world action games that prioritize and blend elements in different ways and it would be a mistake to assume that all of these games simply aim to mimic symphony of the night.

Although they are fan games, the very purpose of The Lecarde Chronicles games was to blend classicvania challenge and gameplay style with open world elements because we love every style of castlevania game.

That being said, there really is no shortage of any genre of game these days especially when fan games are considered.

Fan Stuff / Castlevania ReVamped - New Fan Game Out Now!
« Last post by Wallz! on March 09, 2024, 10:47:30 AM »

I'm really excited to share this with you all!

This is the launch of my new Castlevania fan game, Castlevania ReVamped! Take control of Simon on his first adventure in a more metroid-oriented MetroidVania style game. This is a complete game, see the download in the video! This game is for Windows and Linux PCs.
« Last post by Gunlord on March 09, 2024, 12:55:17 AM »
Big RIP. I have so many fond memories of reading articles on Greg Werner's old fansite, endlessly debating plot points with my friends in middle school...it was pretty much my childhood. RIP indeed, Mr. Toriyama.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10