Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Encouragement Tips and Inspiration Thread  (Read 19372 times)

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
Re: Encouragement Tips and Inspiration Thread
« Reply #45 on: April 17, 2013, 09:14:00 PM »
Lely - "Now I lay me down to sleep" is the start of an extremely creepy prayer children used to be depicted making right before they went to bed. The full version I always remember is "Now I lay me down to sleep, and pray the lord me soul to keep. And if I die before I wake, I pray the lord my soul to take." there are many version though http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Now_I_Lay_Me_Down_to_Sleep

Thanks, I had a hard time trying to discover what he meant. I discovered a music and thought thats it but it seems I failed greatly lol
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Pfil

• How I miss the old days...
  • Master Hunter
  • Quit treating me like a child!
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (NDS)
« Reply #46 on: April 18, 2013, 12:24:52 AM »
Great theme from Metallica! I used to listen to the Black Album when I was depressed as a teenager. Now I tend to listen to more sad songs, like I did during my childhood. Or classical music. That always works.
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline GuyStarwind

• Lawful Good
  • Master Hunter
  • Shahrukh Khan is the greatest actor out there
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Crappy Brown Jacket Films
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
Offline son_the_vampire

• Chilly Lemonade
  • Legendary Hunter
  • I see you over there.. Yeah you
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Chronicles: Akumajo Dracula (X68k/PS1)
« Reply #48 on: April 18, 2013, 10:18:11 AM »
I feel foolish not knowing such a thread was in existence!!! Awesome Shiroi!!!
Here is a lil confidence booster for u all; never compare yourself to someone else, compare yourself to the person you were yesterday :)
Twitch.tv/TrippyLemonss

Lone Wolf

« Reply #49 on: April 19, 2013, 01:24:39 AM »
Great theme from Metallica! I used to listen to the Black Album when I was depressed as a teenager. Now I tend to listen to more sad songs, like I did during my childhood. Or classical music. That always works.

Geez, when i felt like this i used to listen to the Justice album..
But then, there was a time i calmed down a bit, and started experiencing Metallica a bit more.. And it worked! ^^
I had a time when i only listened to the songs from their sixth/seventh albums, Load and Reload, respectively..
Their songs in these albums may tend to go more into hard rock, although in Reload they come back with their thrashy style..
Anyways, Load's songs were pretty calm and very good to hear, i recommend you them. :)

Offline Pfil

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #50 on: April 19, 2013, 01:59:28 AM »
Generally, all Metallica works are great pieces of music.
I'm very open minded when it comes to music, I have at least some themes I like from every genre, and any band or singer can make a personal hit with me, provided I happen to like it.
Thanks for the recommendation!
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #51 on: April 19, 2013, 02:07:13 AM »
“I have come to accept the feeling of not knowing where I am going. And I have trained myself to love it. Because it is only when we are suspended in mid-air with no landing in sight, that we force our wings to unravel and alas begin our flight. And as we fly, we still may not know where we are going to. But the miracle is in the unfolding of the wings. You may not know where you're going, but you know that so long as you spread your wings, the winds will carry you.”
― C. JoyBell C.

Lone Wolf

« Reply #52 on: April 21, 2013, 12:22:58 AM »
Generally, all Metallica works are great pieces of music.
I'm very open minded when it comes to music, I have at least some themes I like from every genre, and any band or singer can make a personal hit with me, provided I happen to like it.
Thanks for the recommendation!

You welcome. Glad you appreciate it. :)
Actually i heard the last compilation of Metallica wasn't good at all.. They featured Lou Reed on it.. :/
Btw, i also am an open-minded person, specially when we're talking about music. x)

This may prove you any word i say:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=diT3FvDHMyo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WM8bTdBs-cw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTP5Cx4BbZw

Offline Pfil

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #53 on: April 21, 2013, 02:26:17 AM »
Yeah, totally!  :)
I like to hear things as diverse as Castlevania, Ennio Morricone, Sonata Arctica, Pet Shop Boys, Europe or Frank Sinatra.
I think every genre of music has something for me when it's well done.

Offline Mooning Freddy

• The scent of my butt will set your soul wandering for eternity!
  • Master Hunter
  • I simply love children.
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #54 on: April 21, 2013, 04:56:00 AM »
 Morricone! I do wonder why films today don't get composers as great as him. Suppose film soundtracks are a lost art.

Once Upon a Time in the West - the duel

One of the most inspirational and emotional films ever made.
"Yes, I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available, because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."
~Charlie Sheen

Lone Wolf

« Reply #55 on: April 21, 2013, 08:25:36 AM »
Yeah, totally!  :)
I like to hear things as diverse as Castlevania, Ennio Morricone, Sonata Arctica, Pet Shop Boys, Europe or Frank Sinatra.
I think every genre of music has something for me when it's well done.

My feeling! :D
I bet you know this one from somewhere else.. :3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcxKaFSHUto

Offline Pfil

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #56 on: April 22, 2013, 12:28:15 AM »
Yes, I knew that tune!

And yes, Morricone is great, he imprints his music with a nostalgic, melancholic, sad but yet sweet feeling, that no other composer did so far, at least with me.

I used to think that movies soundtracks weren't a lost art, during the good years of Hans Zimmer and his crew, but today everything they do is pretty much glorified noise. Nevertheless, from time to time there comes a movie with a soundtrack I love, either from them (like Solomon Kane by Klaus Badelt) or other composers (I remember back in 2008, when everyone was talking about "how great" was Dark Knight's Hans Zimmer soundtrack, and, though I really like the first one, I hated the second OST, and that same year, The Other Boleyn Girl featured a memorable soundtrack by Paul Cantelon, and no one paid attention to that one).

Lone Wolf

« Reply #57 on: April 23, 2013, 06:27:36 PM »
Yes, I knew that tune!

Great! :D
I used to listen to this song at night, on the radio station, so many times.. This song even inspired me into creating a character of mine, actually.. So it became very special to me since that point on. His name's Dustin. But I use to call him 'Lone Wolf' in another version of his that i've been thinking much of these days.. :)
And the Morricone's song is awesome, btw. ^^

Offline Pfil

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #58 on: April 23, 2013, 10:52:49 PM »
+1
Nice origin story for a character!

Lone Wolf

« Reply #59 on: April 23, 2013, 11:11:10 PM »
Nice origin story for a character!

lol Thank you so much! :)
I've always kept him in mind, btw. Never drew him in paper, nor any computer image editor, nor nothing.. Always kept that in mind. Also created many versions of his. About his story, i still don't know about his origin...
I wanted something mysterious, and at the same time, a bit more dramatic. I mean, he was a child at the start, and he's got a family, but he lost it, or something like that. But i still don't know how to make it, though..
All i know for now is, he lives completely alone and, got some difficulty to deal with villagers, no wonder... They look at him as a murderer, or at least someone totally weird, or just completely different...
This version above is his ninja one, which i used to call "Lone Wolf".
Now you can guess where i took this username from. ;)
I also created a Dracula version of his. And a samurai one. Well, so many ones..
But always kept them in mind.. I dunno to draw. I wanted to draw him as an anime, i even tried it some rare times but, it's awful, and i just can't... :-\
Still got ideas for him. About the song, it made me think of a scene, many times... The same scene, where the character floats on the space, slowly, drowning into a black hole....
It's even curious that the song is called 'In The Dark'.. And just the way it makes me feel doesn't fit on the scene...
It makes me feel comfort, actually... Which is weird when you come at the scene, unless.. Hmmm.... I'd better think more about it..
« Last Edit: April 24, 2013, 11:12:10 PM by Lone Wolf »

Tags:

anything