Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Happy 7|15  (Read 3653 times)

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« on: July 15, 2013, 05:39:40 AM »
A tradition to celebrate this date, happy 7|15 to the SuperOld Dungeonites.

To the new members of the board, we may have to explain this, hahaha.

You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline A-Yty

• Your beloved monster
  • Master Hunter
  • Floating Catacomb janitor
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Linnavaanijat
    • Awards
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2013, 06:01:52 AM »

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2013, 07:00:04 AM »
......!
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline A-Yty

• Your beloved monster
  • Master Hunter
  • Floating Catacomb janitor
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Linnavaanijat
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2013, 07:36:49 AM »
+1
==m=D~~~ >_O

Offline Mooning Freddy

• The scent of my butt will set your soul wandering for eternity!
  • Master Hunter
  • I simply love children.
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2013, 08:18:22 AM »
Now where the hell is Eric Roman with his slogra fetish.  :P
"Yes, I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available, because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."
~Charlie Sheen

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2013, 09:47:59 AM »
I'm at a loss as to the meaning of 7/15.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Pfil

• How I miss the old days...
  • Master Hunter
  • Quit treating me like a child!
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (NDS)
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2013, 12:06:34 PM »
:P
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline Bloodreign

• Old school and nothing but old school
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • The Best
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2013, 12:10:11 PM »
+1
It's a spam holiday.
Monty Python - Spam

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2013, 12:19:34 PM »
I know, you know, we know........
Ruler of Chaos

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2013, 05:57:48 PM »
Im almost dying here now that I discovered that Eric Roman made Parovadius, I posted about it another day without knowing LOL

The guy:
http://castlevaniadungeon.net/forums/index.php?action=profile;u=2777

Also, here is my testimony (Ace Attorney feelings) for the newcomers:

I know I'm a little early on this one, but I have to hit the hay pretty soon...

Happy 7|15 to one and all.  ;D  In honor of such sillyness as that business was in 2002, this year, as in the last, TerribleHands.com is getting ALL PLOPPED OUT!!!

http://www.gameplop.com/

Check it out during this limited engagement!  Hope you enjoy.

...and to all, a good night.

[P.S.  I had originally intended this for last April Fools, but I couldn't make the date so instead put up the 2008 'Plop.]

No it's a reference to one of the older Forum incarnations (I believe it's the Forumplanet one).
It's refers to a date which was I guess sort of a spam attack, but ended up being very non-effective, but it warranted a rememberance.  Sort of a forum inside-joke holiday.

The reason it's 7|15 is because of the similar 'planned' version of the attack, to the 9|11 NYC ones... only unlike those, this one was mostly averted.

Sos, the other week, I was waiting for the 4 Train and saw this poster, which made me go "Heh."

So I thought about it: Harry could be either Kurt (CVDF OWNZOR) or me (I was Harry in a student film), his pal on the right can be either Jorge (first ForumPlanet CVDF Moderator EVOR) or me (in case I'm not THE MAN!!! enough to be in the middle), and the chick on the left could be...I guess...that one great chick that occasionally becomes involved in the CVDF; my pick would be Miss Cornell, cuz she was always such a sweetheart.

So, before I return to the abyss of Real Life, a little bit of background on why this poster was such a punchline to me at that moment:

On July 15, 2002, annoyed with a certain endless debate (SIMON VS RICHTORZLOL) [and a little discouraged that ParoVadius failed to become All Your Base II], I joined my fellow wacky CV folks in flooding the boards with so much nonsense as we saw fit.

The next day saw my first-ever ban, the ascendance of our friendly neighborhood Fuentes as one of the first CVDF mods (since Loki's late-summer 2001 EZBoard obliteration), and one of the most amusing, yet immature wastes of effort I've ever commited to DSLs; "minoru": a Chobits-inspired Eric-fan who suddenly popped up wondering, "Where'd Eric go??? ;_;"

Following the labeling of a then-recent New York City incident (which will very soon observe its tenth anniversary), the event was dubbed 7|15.

Thus, if Jorge happens to wish y'all a "Happy 7|15", you'll know what he's talking about.  :]

See ya next time.

Or, as ED puts it:

One day, Eric Roman, an aspie obsessed with Castlevania III: Dracula Goes To Summer Camp, got butthurt over his favorite character losing in a internet popularity poll and decided to gather up his fellow butthurt fanboys and circlejerk until they came up with a devious plan for revenge. Not having any real 1337 H4X0R SK1LLZ, they decided to just crapflood RSU, in an epic raid that took two moderators a few hours to clean. But not being able to post "which castlevania character can bake a better cake??/" for a day caused drama all around, with many RSUers blaming ICVD. It was henceforth referred to as 7|15 by Eric Roman, in a tribute to his fellow Jews.

;)

So thats it, a attempt to bring chaos to the old forum (with SPAM lol) that failed and become a inside joke and holiday here.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Tags: never forget 

anything