Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 3DS (Discussion Thread)  (Read 1821251 times)

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Re: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 3DS (Discussion Thread)
« Reply #5745 on: June 15, 2013, 08:27:00 AM »
I liked Gabriel (LoS1) and Trevor's design. Not a fan of Simon's at all. Alucard isn't bad. LoS excels in environmental art mostly.

Overall I like Kojima's character designs more though.

Offline Pfil

• How I miss the old days...
  • Master Hunter
  • Quit treating me like a child!
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (NDS)
« Reply #5746 on: June 15, 2013, 12:16:02 PM »
I like PoR and OoE artworks, but I guess I'm the only one.
And so far no one mentioned the Judgment designs. From what I've read so far, those are the ones fans dislike the most. I dislike some of them (Eric, Death), but some of them I like them (Shanoa, Maria, Sypha, even Aeon).
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #5747 on: June 15, 2013, 06:40:31 PM »
I liked Gabriel (LoS1) and Trevor's design. Not a fan of Simon's at all. Alucard isn't bad. LoS excels in environmental art mostly.

Overall I like Kojima's character designs more though.
Really? I thought this design was a great nod to his history. he looks like a barbarian, but retains the red hair that's become iconic on him. And they give him a beard to further the more barbarian aspect. In fact, They outright made him a barbarian storywise too, which was (IMO) great.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
« Reply #5748 on: June 15, 2013, 09:17:00 PM »
Maybe if he didn't have giant random face armor. Still not digging the beard either, unless it was a Gabriel sized one.

Offline TheouAegis

• Amateur Auteur of GMvania
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • GMvania Developer's Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #5749 on: June 15, 2013, 10:52:47 PM »
Simon is a ginger. He has no soul.  :-X
Your mom has had more floppies put in her than a Commodore 64!

Follow my lack of progress on my game at my blog:
http://gmvania.blogspot.com

Offline Pfil

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #5750 on: June 16, 2013, 01:16:18 AM »
Simon should look like Conan or He-Man. That's how I perceive him. But in MoF he looked like an ape.
I didn't like Alucard design, either. He needs to be prettiest than that.
But I DID like Gabriel and Zobek designs from the first game, and I REALLY love Trevor design from MoF.
I think it's the best MS artists have done so far with CV, according to my taste, of course.
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #5751 on: June 16, 2013, 02:28:04 AM »
I didn't like Alucard design, either. He needs to be prettiest than that.

Kojima's version is how I view Alucard in my head.
But then again, this is like an AU so, MS can do as they please.

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #5752 on: June 16, 2013, 06:07:39 AM »
Gabriel, Zobek, Carmilla, these are the ones that standout the most for me.

In MoF, Simon and Trevor. Alucard looks a lot worse than in LoS2, for some reason...

And for LoS 2, Alucard and Gabriel so far.

Offline DarkPrinceAlucard

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
  • Your dark prince has arrived.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
« Reply #5753 on: June 16, 2013, 06:37:58 AM »
Kojima's version is how I view Alucard in my head.
But then again, this is like an AU so, MS can do as they please.

I don't know, as a big Alucard fan of from the previous series I must say that I think MS did a good job (design wise) in this reboot of Alucard.

Especially his look from LOS2.

In Mirror of Fate however he did not look all that well, but I think that was due to the hardware.

Castlevania Modding Forum http://castlevaniamodding.boards.net/

Offline Belmontoya

• Composer/ Voice Actor
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-09-Sprite Contest 3rd Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #5754 on: June 16, 2013, 08:12:13 AM »
Ugh... If only they would have put MOF on the vita and used the D pad for movement instead of the friggin analog stick. That game could have been so much better.
The worst monsters are human.

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #5755 on: June 16, 2013, 10:26:29 AM »
Hand held was definitely not the system for the game.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Pfil

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #5756 on: June 16, 2013, 02:23:24 PM »
Montoya and Flame are right, MoF should have been for a home console, and it would have been SO MUCH better.
But, all in all, I considered it an improvement in terms of how I perceived it about being Castlevania.
Beautiful backgrounds, nice stage designs and good characters, supported with a great story. Spoiled, that's right, but great anyway.
What I didn't like: the music, the fact that exploring and combat are separated, the infinite checkpoints and super easy difficulty and some designs. But I loved Trevor.
And I mean... really, I LOVE HIS LOOK. This Trevor is so much better than the old one.
Alucard, on the other hand, lacked in several aspects (beauty, warrior appearance, elegance...), but that improved in LoS 2 from what I've seen.
Still, give the pretty old Alucard anytime.

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #5757 on: June 16, 2013, 06:46:15 PM »
I LOVE HIS LOOK. This Trevor is so much better than the old one.

I... Kinda felt he looked really close to the original Trevor. I mean, aside from colors, there isn't much radically different about his design.

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #5758 on: July 01, 2013, 04:35:59 PM »
You're not gonna like this:

The game worked out really well. i can't give any numbers but it's (sold) far beyond our expectations. We are very satisfied with the results and even before the game was on sale we already thought it was a good game. We liked what our team had done

Source: http://www.abc.es/tecnologia/20130629/rc-enric-alvarez-logico-hasta-201306290133.html

Some quote I liked:
Obviously Castlevania is World Heritage and it will go on without us in many other ways
« Last Edit: July 01, 2013, 04:39:28 PM by Ahasverus »

Everything comes full circle

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #5759 on: July 01, 2013, 06:01:19 PM »
So it did well? Huh. Good for them, then.

Tags: .....? 

anything