Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: So, it's February...  (Read 14591 times)

Reaper Man

So, it's February...
« on: February 02, 2008, 04:43:38 PM »
Does anyone know when Konami is going to have its gamer's day event? I think it's a given that they'll officially announce the new Castlevania during this event. I've looked everywhere and I can't seem to find any info on when it starts or if they are going to have one this year...

any info on it would be greatly appreciated. :3

Offline Profbeanburrito

• Vampire Killer
  • Master Hunter
  • The Mask is a powerful device...
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2008, 08:28:15 PM »
Well everything I seem to find on previous Gamer's Day's always seem to happen mid to late Feb. so hopefully it should be soon. I'd just keep an eye out on pages like 1up.com and IGN
What a horrible night to have a curse!

Reaper Man

Re: So, it's February...
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2008, 09:01:22 PM »
In Reply To #2

funny, the places I've looked at seem to point to early feb.

not only that, but don't you find it a bit od that there's no mention of the event or date anywhere? ;/

SymboliC

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2008, 02:27:56 AM »

I haven't got this question answered since a couple of months ago, so I'll ask it here.

Is this event sponsored by Konami of Japan or just a KCEA project?

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2008, 06:51:30 AM »
2006, Konami Gamer's Day was on January 25th.
2007, it was February 1st. I think.

According to Gamespot and IGN at least.

So, it should happen very soon! Unless they need more time to prepare zumthang kool!
« Last Edit: February 03, 2008, 06:53:20 AM by shelverton. »

Offline Profbeanburrito

• Vampire Killer
  • Master Hunter
  • The Mask is a powerful device...
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2008, 07:41:30 AM »
well, maybe they're canning it. Regardless, it better be soon.

The videos I saw were dated towards the end of the month so thats probably what I was looking at
What a horrible night to have a curse!

Offline jimmay17

• "Naysayer"
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2008, 04:27:49 PM »
Still nothing.

It looks like Gamer's Day has been cancelled this year. I have to wonder if those alleged leak pics might not have been legit and given them cold feet due to the backlash.  But then again, if they listened to us fans before making major decisions they'd probably just abandon the series entirely.
If I forgot "everything I knew about Castlevania" I certainly wouldn't be excited about a new one coming out now would I?

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2008, 04:46:25 PM »
In Reply To #7

Well, maybe Metal Gear Solid 4 has something to do with the delay... it's by far their biggest game this year, and I bet Gamer's Day will be more about MGS than anything else. So maybe they're not ready yet.
I doubt the leaked CV pics have anything to do with it, cause the only people complaining about it is, in fact, people on this board. Normal people are excited about a new CV.

Speaking of Gamer's Day I wish they'd have something new to say about the next Suikoden too. Not THAT is one neglected series.

Offline PFG9000

• No, not the gun
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Fan of all things Floyd
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2008, 10:57:04 PM »
In Reply To #7

You think they would cancel the event due to a little discontent from one board directed towards one of their many upcoming games?

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2008, 11:56:36 PM »
In Reply To #9

I dunno, I felt Duikoden went down hill ever since 2.. I heard 5 is great after the beginning butu I can't get passed the beignning to find out cuz I end up so damn bored.

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2008, 12:41:41 AM »
In Reply To #10

I actually love all Suikoden games. Suikoden 2 is my favorite, but 3 and 5 were quite excellent too.
(I even like Suikoden 4, though it has some obvious flaws. It's still a solid 7/10 in my book.)

I wish they'd do something about the graphics though. It's about time. Suikoden games always look like they're at least 5 years too late, and there's no reason why it shouldn't be up there with the likes of Final Fantasy.

But I'd rather have an ugly Suikoden 6, than no Suikoden at all.

Offline jimmay17

• "Naysayer"
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2008, 09:44:59 AM »
In Reply To #9

It's not incomprehensible. If the pictures we saw were real then it was probably pretty close to being announced/unveiled. If they followed the reactions on message boards like this one and gamefaqs, as some companies have been known to do, they would have seen that the direction the game is apparently going in has inspired a majority of negative reactions. If all of this happened, they may have went back, not necessarily all the way to the drawing boards, but re-examined their approach somewhat. Then again, maybe the screenshots were fake. Maybe the DS game simply isn't far enough to release any hard info on it yet.
But the fact remains I can't find a date or anything anywhere about Gamer's Day 2008, and previous Gamer's Days happened in late January or early February.
I was just throwing an idea out there.

If I forgot "everything I knew about Castlevania" I certainly wouldn't be excited about a new one coming out now would I?

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2008, 10:07:14 AM »
In Reply To #11

Iunno, its just how I see it.... but...I agree about the Suikoden Graphics... they are terrible. The thing is though, the only game from Konami that I know of that has good 3d graphics is Metal Gear. I mean, Castlevania doesn't look all that easy on the eyes either imo.

As for  Suikoden 3, I didn't play it. I turned it on, watched the intro getting hyped, but after the intro finished I turned it off and never looked at it again. I didn't play 4 either but I've seen it in action, first hand and I decided it jsut doesn't seem good. 5 though, I was playing... but I quit cuz I got bored.

On a less important matter, I just realized all my spelling/grammar mistakes on my last post, holy hell I mustve been tired or something.

Offline Alexc2808

• JerkofWonder
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2008, 11:33:52 AM »
In Reply To #13
When Lament Of Innocense had some of the best graphics on ps2 when it came out.
I am Jerkofwonder.

Offline Cold Windy Night

• it was a
  • Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2008, 12:48:31 PM »
Five more days until the end of the month and still no Gamer's Day...*ahem*bump*ahem*

Tags: