Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: The first sign rises with the full moon.  (Read 981505 times)

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Re: The first sign rises with the full moon.
« Reply #900 on: May 12, 2015, 12:41:50 AM »
I called it first u.u

And also called that the villain is Johannes. He will pull a Barlowe all over again.

I mean, the fact that Gebel is the "curse's source" and that the heroine is also cursed, but Johannes is the only one clean and helps staggering Miriam's curse on her quest makes me think that Johannes is doing it merely so Miriam can destroy Gebel because "only someone cursed can destroy the curse" or something to this effect, and Johannes wants to become the Demon Castle's master, but only someone profoundly corrupted like Gebel could summon it.

This will be like retelling Lament of Innocence, I predict.

Look at Gebel, for god's sake. He's too obviously "villainesque" and Johannes is too obviously "goody two shoes".

Knowing IGA, yeah, this is a likely route.
There would be a 2nd player option and Gebel is the most likely candidate for this.

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #901 on: May 12, 2015, 12:44:24 AM »
There would be a 2nd player option and Gebel is the most likely candidate for this.

Or Inafune can join us and call Gebel "too boring" and make Vile playable.

*MEGA MAN JOOOOOOKES*
Currently Playing: Resident Evil 2 [N64]
Games Beaten This Year (2020): 20 Games

Offline The Puritan

• Vagabond
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #902 on: May 12, 2015, 01:09:12 AM »
but the Steam PC version will do.

Same. Got neither PS4 nor Xbone. I just hope my comp's up to snuff.

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #903 on: May 12, 2015, 01:29:26 AM »

This, also its good to know that Im not the only one that is suspicious about Johannes (it would be hilarious if he is innocent though with everyone pointing at him lol)

Also, someone knows if there is another place to watch this 8 hour video? I don't have confidence in Twitch ways of backup and this video is too good to be lost.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline CastleToastM

• Toast Fan
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Waffles are pretty great
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow (NDS)
« Reply #904 on: May 12, 2015, 02:11:59 AM »
Man, it feels like years and years since the last time I posted here.

I actually thought I left behind this place and the castlevania franchise behind a year ago.

But here I am, back for the new IGA project, and I must say, I am backing IGA all the way.

Feels absolutely amazing.

http://castlevaniadungeon.net/forums/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;u=1974

The very last post I ever made on this forum, I had said I had given up on IGA, and that I wasn't expecting another project from him ever.

I absolutely love that he has proved me wrong. I am so happy to back this project, been waiting for far longer than that last post I made.

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
« Reply #905 on: May 12, 2015, 02:15:53 AM »
*glomps pokemetroid* Glad to see you back, friend :D

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
« Reply #906 on: May 12, 2015, 02:16:53 AM »
Been watching the money pledged rise ever since it started, and I want to keep watching it, but I need to sleep. I imagine local co-op will be added by the time I wake up, unsurprisingly. I wonder if any new stretch goals will be added by the then, too. I can only hope so! There's another 31 days and they need to do something with any extra money they get!

Also, welcome back Pokemetroid! Been a while since I've seen you last around here.

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #907 on: May 12, 2015, 02:39:49 AM »
They're almost getting at the $1.25M goal. That's insane.

Offline Jop

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
  • Awards 2017-09-Sprite Contest 3rd Place 2017-12-Holiday Sprite Award First Place 2016-04-Story Contest - 1st place 2015-04- Sprite Contest Gold 2015-05- Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #908 on: May 12, 2015, 02:43:52 AM »

Better?

ha ha ha why did you do that?

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
« Reply #909 on: May 12, 2015, 02:44:36 AM »
$1,250,000 reached! Local co-op is a go!

Now where are some more of those stretch goals?

EDIT: Now that there are no more stretch goals, I am gonna get that needed sleep.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2015, 02:46:23 AM by Claimh Solais »

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #910 on: May 12, 2015, 02:44:48 AM »
I have no PS4 or X1 and i can get it only for PC, but i would rather have it for PS3......time for new goals.......

backers
$1,250,078
pledged of $500,000 goal
days to go
Ruler of Chaos

Offline TatteredSeraph

• Queen of the Damned
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #911 on: May 12, 2015, 02:48:07 AM »
This is just amazing.  Man, I really wsnt to be able to support this, and make the $60 pledge, as the bonuses for it are pretty shiny.  No clue tho what platform to opt for - I don't have a PS4, yet, and don't do PC gaming.

Local co-op mode confirmed.  So very stoked about this.

Edit:  Idea.  Alternate costumes - Miriam: Shonoa costume, and Alucard costume for Gebel.

Lelyax, I love this.  The horror, and hilarity, took a few moments to strike home.  Brilliant.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2015, 03:07:48 AM by TatteredSeraph »
"Blood is Family. Blood is Power. Blood is Everything"

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #912 on: May 12, 2015, 02:58:21 AM »
But in 2 years time, are you all gonna have the exact same consoles/PCs as you have now? I know I won't, but maybe that's just me. Besides, pledging $60 for either physical version is a great idea regardless cause this is gonna be very easy to sell, if you happen to end up with a different platform in 2 years. It's gonna be rare as f**k. Then you can pick up the digital version for the system you're actually owning.

I'm planning to pick up a PS4 by xmas this year, ir possibly early 2016, so for me the choice was simple.

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #913 on: May 12, 2015, 03:24:34 AM »
Hope they get a new stretch goal for PS3/X360. Local Co-op on PC sounds strange.

Offline CastleToastM

• Toast Fan
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Waffles are pretty great
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow (NDS)
« Reply #914 on: May 12, 2015, 03:47:44 AM »
I'm essentially a handheld gamer. I gravitate towards handheld Nintendo devices like no other. Lately, I've been playing Street Pass Mii Plaza like it's something I can't possible live without, I need my daily fix. I even went so far to buy eight freaken 3DS, to have more passes on hand.

I own a PS3, with a stack of forty+ games I mean to play, but I seem to never play it, and go to my stacks of 3DS systems instead. I was absolutely ecstatic when Azure Striker Gunvolt came out, and beat it the same day it was released.

And the reason for all this Nintendo Handheld love from me is due to the Castlevania series, I grew up with that series, and it's hardwired into my gaming habits and purchase decisions. Playing and 100% the GBA and DS trilogies made up so much of my early life. It was back before I had my own job and could buy my own games. It was all I had, it was all my parents would buy for me. That series is even what got me into making sprite based animations 2006 - 2011, and what got me interested in Digital Media Art. I've received a Certificate of Completion in DMA, and it was due to the influence of the Metroidvania franchise. Sure, I never use that Certificate for career purposes, but I use those skills as a part of my hobby, something that still continues to shape who I am.

Now, with my back story given, I think it's completely fair for me to say that I am absolutely disappointed and even feel let down and frustrated that the new Metroidvania won't be on the 3DS, a Nintendo Handheld. Ever since I joined the Dungeon back in 2005, I've gone by the username of "CastlePokemetroid", and this is due entirely to IGA's Metroidvania series. It completely shaped who I am, and what I've become.

With all that out of the way, I think I can now let go of this ancient emotional baggage, and completely welcome this new game. Can't wait to play it.

Hope there's a PS3 release, so I can make some use out of this system and HD TV I rarely use. I could probably buy a PS4 when it comes out, but then I'd be buying an entire system for one bloody game, something I wish to avoid. If I won't use a PS3 when I own an entire library of amazing games, I know for a fact I won't use a PS4. Oh man, first world problems.

If there's no PS3 release, I'll stick to PC, even though I don't prefer PC gaming.

Really hoping on a PS3 stretch goal. I'm already on terms that it won't ever be on 3DS, so I'm really wanting a PS3 release.

Tags: