Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Koji Igarashi Leaves Konami, Founding New Studio, Metroidvania GDC  (Read 145759 times)

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
Re: Koji Igarashi Leaves Konami, Founding New Studio, Metroidvania GDC
« Reply #120 on: March 17, 2014, 04:57:58 PM »
+1
The fact that posts like this pop up often, and are supported for that matter, speaks volumes about how toxic the CV community is. Maybe the Castlevania series should just die.

well how many other communities you know that are 100% "kumbaya" with one another?

Offline zaxiou

• Hunter in Training
  • Wrryyyyyy
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
« Reply #121 on: March 17, 2014, 05:00:22 PM »
Well SOMETHING prompted Konami to give MS the torch. That I know, Japanese studios are not exactly that likely to do that for no reason unless they are Capcom.

Maybe it's just coincidence, who knows.

That something was the handheld titles not selling upto expectations, thus Konami decided to let Mercury Steam take a shot at 3d Castlevania. Their pitch was rejected, but with Cox's persistence and Kojima's approval finally they got greenlit.

Offline Belmontoya

• Composer/ Voice Actor
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-09-Sprite Contest 3rd Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #122 on: March 17, 2014, 05:03:56 PM »
+3
You aim for a different audience. Isn't this what the reboot was about. To get that God of War audience?

I like God of War because it reminds me of Castlevania.

Many of the GOW fans were CV fans first. It's not exactly a different audience.

Do these two games really seem that disparate to you that they couldn't possibly harbor the same fans?

The worst monsters are human.

Offline Thomas Belmont

• Legendary
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #123 on: March 17, 2014, 05:30:59 PM »
March 17, 2014, 05:30:59 PM - Hidden.

Offline beingthehero

• Duke of New York
  • Master Hunter
  • EROTIC VIOLENCE
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
Offline DarkPrinceAlucard

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
  • Your dark prince has arrived.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #125 on: March 17, 2014, 05:41:11 PM »
+2
-insert butthurt IGA rant here-

Well, looks like someone just gave the middle finger to Ratty's aka the forum staff's suggestion.

Noticing some venom in the thread recently, whatever your opinion on IGA's work let's all stay civil guys. No two peoples lists of likes and dislikes will ever match up perfectly, nor should they.

Castlevania Modding Forum http://castlevaniamodding.boards.net/

Offline machetespeghetti

• Hunter in Training
  • Maria?
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #126 on: March 17, 2014, 05:42:42 PM »
+1
1. Richter was being controlled by shaft so his powers were not under his own control.
2. 3d vanias suck.
3. refer to number 2
4.jonathan was of the belmont bloodline somehow
5.julius subconsciously probably knew what he was doing was wrong and the whip failed him.
6.I know I hated that too. but once you know soma is a possible succesor to dracula I guess it's o.k.
7.so what some dark preists are assholes who want attention
8.*coughs* ERIC LACARDE
9.I want the 1999 battle too
hmmmm ........... I wonder whats for dinner?

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #127 on: March 17, 2014, 05:45:15 PM »
+1
1. He had Alucard defeat Richter, the strongest Belmont at the time, in battle. No way would that EVER happen. Up until that point, until later Iga games retconned it, Richter was the only one able to wield the Vampire Killer at full power. Oh, and the guy could make it RAIN HOLY WATER! And if Alucard was able to defeat his father, there would have been no need for the Belmonts in the first place.

he was under mind control, therefor, he wasnt at full power.  only clear-headed people are capable of using their full power

2. Had Trevor concede to Hector in their second battle. That should have NEVER happened!

ill give u that

3. Had Trevor get stabbed AND didn't even tell us what happened to him in Curse of Darkness' ending.

ill give u that, but we know for a fact that Trevor survived his wounds anyway so its really a non-issue

4. Had Jonathan Morris defeat the Vampire Killer's memory of Richter. Are you kidding me!? No way!

it wasnt the real Richiter, therefor, it wasnt as strong as the real Richiter

5. Had Soma defeat Julius, supposedly, the strongest Belmont of all time, in battle. I know it's insinuated that Julius didn't give his all, but it still pisses me off.

well look at it this way, consider the "bad ending," where Julian fights evil-Soma. who you think will win?

6. Had Castlevania materialize in Japan. Hahahaha! What!?

it was in an eclipse

7. He pissed on Dracula's 100 year resurrection rule. It's ridiculous how many times he had   Dracula be resurrected in between his deaths.

i guess so

8. Now, because of Iga, anybody can kill Dracula, using any type of weapon. He took the specialness and uniqueness of the Belmonts and the Vampire Killer and threw them away.

Michael Jackson - That's Ignorant

9. Had plenty of time to tell the 1999 battle but decided to make games, like Portrait of Ruin, Order of Ecclesia, and Curse of Darkness, that progressed the story line very little, if even.

admit it, even if he did make it, you prolly still wouldnt like it

And these are just off the top of my head/
Palpatine'' Your Hate Has Made You Powerful ''

Offline Viskod

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
« Reply #128 on: March 17, 2014, 05:53:35 PM »
+2
You aim for a different audience. Isn't this what the reboot was about. To get that God of War audience?

And fans of Lords of Shadow aren't Castlevania fans because of what? Some ridiculous fandom litmus test?

Obviously fans of LoS didn't pull through either, or LoS2 wouldn't done better. I always have a problem with this kind of thing. It's like that guy from Square Enix who said they'd only THINK about a sequel to the Chrono series if Chrono Trigger DS sells well(which it didn't, so it's the FANS fault we aren't getting a third game). LOL!

Well Lords of Shadow 2 got panned in reviews in the US and its still on track to sell more than the games that preceded it, save the first Lords of Shadow and the only sales data we have is for two of three available platforms in 4 days in one region, also not including digital sales on those two aforementioned platforms.

It's not going to do better than the first game but it still has a chance to not be a total failure.

It's also not ridiculous for a company to say "we need x sales in order to consider a sequel."

Offline The Puritan

• Vagabond
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #129 on: March 17, 2014, 05:56:30 PM »
+2
Castlevania: Symphony of the Night - I Am the Wind

Farewell you lovable bearded hobo.

8. Now, because of Iga, anybody can kill Dracula, using any type of weapon. He took the specialness and uniqueness of the Belmonts and the Vampire Killer and threw them away.

To be fair, every IGA-made non-Belmont who's done so has had valid reasons:

Alucard is Dracula's son, ergo, has his own dark power
Hector is Dracula's student in the dark arts
And Shanoa needed Dominus to do it

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #130 on: March 17, 2014, 05:57:02 PM »
+3
Man, keep it civil guys. We're better fans than this.

Offline theplottwist

• Canon Literalist
  • Master Hunter
  • プロットツイスト君
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place 2017-07-Sprite Contest 2nd PLace 2016-09-Sprite Contest First Place 2015 - Christmas Award First Place 2015 - Halloween Sprite Contest - Second Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #131 on: March 17, 2014, 06:00:00 PM »
I'm glad that piece of shit Iga is done with the Castlevania series because:

1. He had Alucard defeat Richter, the strongest Belmont at the time, in battle. No way would that EVER happen. Up until that point, until later Iga games retconned it, Richter was the only one able to wield the Vampire Killer at full power. Oh, and the guy could make it RAIN HOLY WATER! And if Alucard was able to defeat his father, there would have been no need for the Belmonts in the first place.

2. Had Trevor concede to Hector in their second battle. That should have NEVER happened!

3. Had Trevor get stabbed AND didn't even tell us what happened to him in Curse of Darkness' ending.

4. Had Jonathan Morris defeat the Vampire Killer's memory of Richter. Are you kidding me!? No way!

5. Had Soma defeat Julius, supposedly, the strongest Belmont of all time, in battle. I know it's insinuated that Julius didn't give his all, but it still pisses me off.

6. Had Castlevania materialize in Japan. Hahahaha! What!?

7. He pissed on Dracula's 100 year resurrection rule. It's ridiculous how many times he had   Dracula be resurrected in between his deaths.

9. Had plenty of time to tell the 1999 battle but decided to make games, like Portrait of Ruin, Order of Ecclesia, and Curse of Darkness, that progressed the story line very little, if even.

And these are just off the top of my head.

1. Alucard didn't touch Richter, canonically. He's the "strongest Vampire Hunter. None could defeat him". He defeated Shaft's mind control. Richter could mop the floor with Alucard.

2. He did that because, if I remember well, he wasn't convinced that Hector was a Devil Forgemaster, and had his suspicions about if he could have Hector aid him.

3. This, I agree. Trevor getting stabbed and falling down was kinda ridiculous, even if it was a surprise attack.

4. Exactly. A memory of Richter, not Richter himself. Also, combat evolves through the ages. On the game FOUR HITS can kill Jonathan. I'm sure you're aware that this is pretty FUCKING STRONG for a simple memory.

5. So why are you pissed, dude? Had Julius not conceded Soma the benefit of doubt, he'd never have defeated Chaos. This battle makes it pretty clear that Julius is probably invincible to Soma. Julius couldn't enter the Chaotic Realm, thus this is very justifiable.

6. Castlevania has materialized in Europe thousands of times. It was locked inside an eclipse which will appear over Japan in real life. I see no problem with this. In fact, I find it pretty smart.

7. Simon's Quest had demonstrated how Dracula can be brought back from the dead through a ritual much before IGA did anything. He simply made it clear that Dracula can be ressurrected by external forces if a ritual is provided, or by himself around every 100 years.

8. I kinda agree with this, however there are some points: Dracula can only be defeated by the Vampire Killer, or a power of his own making. Shanoa could not finish him without Dominus, which is a part of himself. Hector? Hector learned his trade and acquired dark power from Dracula himself. Alucard? Alucard is his son, his blood (and even then, Drac was not fully ressurrected in SotN). Jonathan? He supposedly used the unlocked Vampire Killer to do it. No other weapon works, storytelling-wise.

9. Well, of the three, Order of Ecclesia is my favorite. But I agree here, although I also agree when IGA says that his story would never live up to fans expectations.

EDIT: Damn guys, you reply too fast!
« Last Edit: March 17, 2014, 06:01:48 PM by theplottwist »
The mastermind behind the "Umbra of Sorrow" project. But not the only one.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #132 on: March 17, 2014, 06:03:52 PM »
Quote from: OSM
Man, keep it civil guys. We're better fans than this.

ill headbutt yuo no problem  >:(

Offline machetespeghetti

• Hunter in Training
  • Maria?
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #133 on: March 17, 2014, 06:08:08 PM »
+2
I am sick and tired of these motherf*cking fans arguing about these motherf*cking games.
hmmmm ........... I wonder whats for dinner?

Offline RegalX7

• !?
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #134 on: March 17, 2014, 06:30:19 PM »
I don't like this... But, I'll try to be optimistic about Castlevania's future.
I was expecting Iga's return, but I guess this opens all sorts of fun possibilities.

Tags:

anything