Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: The first sign rises with the full moon.  (Read 1048335 times)

Offline Dengo vlad tepes

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
Re: The first sign rises with the full moon.
« Reply #1710 on: June 06, 2015, 07:28:15 AM »
I know that we will hit the 4.5$m goal...I know it

Offline Charlotte-nyo:3

• Bloodstained is our hope
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #1711 on: June 06, 2015, 07:32:08 AM »
Pointless worry: MN9 had a small game (Mighty Gunvolt), for 3DS. It's REALLY small, seriously.

Wouldn't that kind of validate the idea that it will put some people off to the final game by the mini game seeming shoddy? Or are you saying people mostly just ignored the MN9 mini game and don't know it exists?
(click to show/hide)

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #1712 on: June 06, 2015, 08:28:49 AM »
No, it wouldn't.

People are disapointed by MN9 for other reasons (not looking like the concept art or being a pixel art, which is their own fault for not reading the kickstarter).

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #1713 on: June 06, 2015, 08:28:57 AM »
Mighty Gunvolt is good. Just because it is short doesn't mean it's bad. It has 3 different playable characters as well.

If they do something similar I will be very happy.

Offline theANdROId

• Master Hunter
  • Raiding the Castle's Treasure Room...
  • Awards 2014-12-FoodItem Sprite Contest 3rd Place Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
« Reply #1714 on: June 06, 2015, 09:13:04 AM »
I'd really like to see 4.5/4.75m hit as well.  I'm sure the mini-game will at least be "cute" which is good enough for me.  The MN9/Gunvolt mini-game is pretty great in my opinion, so I have faith in a Bloodstained mini-game.

Offline Strider Nemesis

• Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
« Reply #1715 on: June 06, 2015, 10:23:52 AM »
I think they may have gotten a little too ambitious with the $5 million mark. I just hope that they really do need $5 million for it and not that they just kept pushing it back to whatever they thought they would be able to get in the end. If this happened, then it will be a shame once we don't reach it.

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #1716 on: June 06, 2015, 12:14:58 PM »
What is this Dungeon Clan bidniz and how can a honky get in on it?
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #1717 on: June 06, 2015, 01:35:24 PM »
What is this Dungeon Clan bidniz and how can a honky get in on it?

Do a pledge of a 100+$ and then you should get your choice of what clan you should be in if I'm recalling correctly.

You don't want to find out.

« Last Edit: June 06, 2015, 01:41:52 PM by Neobelmont »
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline PFG9000

• No, not the gun
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Fan of all things Floyd
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #1718 on: June 06, 2015, 03:56:20 PM »
I don't understand how the Dungeon Clan thing works either.  I've pledged $175, but I don't recall being asked about what clan I want to be in.  I have about 20+ emails from Kickstarter, but they're all fairly lengthy and I haven't read most of them.  What is this survey thing I've seen mentioned?

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #1719 on: June 06, 2015, 04:15:09 PM »
I don't understand how the Dungeon Clan thing works either.  I've pledged $175, but I don't recall being asked about what clan I want to be in.  I have about 20+ emails from Kickstarter, but they're all fairly lengthy and I haven't read most of them.  What is this survey thing I've seen mentioned?

"All eligible backers will receive a survey soon after the Kickstarter has ended." It's a survey asking you what console/clan you would like, but it's only once the campaign has ended.
Currently Playing: Resident Evil 2 [N64]
Games Beaten This Year (2020): 20 Games

Offline 13th Street

• Hunter in Training
  • Mori, monstru!
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (NDS)
« Reply #1720 on: June 06, 2015, 05:02:42 PM »
What I don't get is how some of these people are even attatched to this campaign. Mega64 with that cringe-worthy Lords of Shadow skit. And especially Egoraptor, who's said in an old Game Grumps episode that Symphony of the Night was his least favorite game of the series.  ???
« Last Edit: June 06, 2015, 05:20:36 PM by 13th Street »

Offline Darth Cariss

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #1721 on: June 06, 2015, 05:03:07 PM »
Is there some advantage to being apart of the Clan? I pledged under $100.

Offline beingthehero

• Duke of New York
  • Master Hunter
  • EROTIC VIOLENCE
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #1722 on: June 06, 2015, 05:29:15 PM »
+1
What I don't get is how some of these people are even attatched to this campaign. Mega64 with that cringe-worthy Lords of Shadow skit. And especially Egoraptor, who's said in an old Game Grumps episode that Symphony of the Night was his least favorite game of the series.  ???

Advertising. Neither Judd nor Egoraptor care what the latter has said in the past; it's free advertising for both. And Egoraptor didn't like Super Castlevania IV either, so it's not like the guy has ever had any taste (because my tastes are fucking immaculate. Immaculate!)

But in all seriousness - free advertising for both. Everyone wins.

Is there some advantage to being apart of the Clan? I pledged under $100.

No, it just gives you the option of being lumped into a group with others. Some of us just think it's cool to be credited in the Dungeon clan, since we're the oldest existing Castlevania forum and the kickstarter, well, started here.

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #1723 on: June 06, 2015, 06:21:38 PM »
Advertising. Neither Judd nor Egoraptor care what the latter has said in the past; it's free advertising for both. And Egoraptor didn't like Super Castlevania IV either, so it's not like the guy has ever had any taste (because my tastes are fucking immaculate. Immaculate!)
I don't like SCIV that much too.

Offline Sindra

• Lore Spelunker
  • RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2015-05- Digital Art Contest 1st Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • SindraVania Projects
    • Awards
« Reply #1724 on: June 06, 2015, 07:05:52 PM »
No, it just gives you the option of being lumped into a group with others. Some of us just think it's cool to be credited in the Dungeon clan, since we're the oldest existing Castlevania forum and the kickstarter, well, started here.

Also...we'll be getting an exclusive cheat code too.

Tags: