Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: The first sign rises with the full moon.  (Read 981660 times)

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
Re: The first sign rises with the full moon.
« Reply #405 on: May 06, 2015, 01:24:54 AM »
Okay. Wake me up when something real happens, note weird clan votes and cryptic messages.

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #406 on: May 06, 2015, 01:37:00 AM »
I am also a fan of weird and mysterious things. But I'm not a fan of anything that has to do with "clans" in games. If this turns out to be some kind of MMO, even if it's a 2D platformer, I'm not backing it. Sorry.

But yeah, I'm kinda done voting for weapons now. I too shall not wake up until something real happens. Hopefully Monday.

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #407 on: May 06, 2015, 02:14:35 AM »
I believe that the clan thing, has to do with the voting and not the actual game behind this, since the voting is interactive, it's like some kind of mmo, where whip clans, fight over sword clans for dominion, over the voting.
Ruler of Chaos

Offline TatteredSeraph

• Queen of the Damned
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #408 on: May 06, 2015, 02:54:18 AM »

Every time I read this: "The world falls down around us. It’s up to us few to build atop the rubble."
My head starts singing the tune of "As the world falls down" from Labyrinth.

Glad I'm not the only one having this problem!  Labyrinth rocks. 

I've also had only the invite scroll thing, nothing aside for a couple of clan changes, with me now in Clan Cat'o Nine Tails.

Edit: I now have another scroll thing, and the new line; "The last front in an ancient war stretches across the bodies of the innocent."
« Last Edit: May 06, 2015, 02:55:57 AM by tatteredseraph »
"Blood is Family. Blood is Power. Blood is Everything"

Offline beingthehero

• Duke of New York
  • Master Hunter
  • EROTIC VIOLENCE
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #409 on: May 06, 2015, 04:46:34 AM »
Before we start freaking out about MMOs and GMOs and Honey Nut Cheerios, remember to read the PAX flyer this viral campaign is all about:

It's clear that it's a single-player Sorrow-like metroidvania. I imagine this battle of the clans has to do with the backstory or the heroes involved.

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #410 on: May 06, 2015, 05:01:26 AM »
+1
Well the first picture from the flyer, it's looking like a Japanese shrine...
Ruler of Chaos

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #411 on: May 06, 2015, 05:31:59 AM »
I'm sure I will get proven wrong soon enough, but the way that flyer is phrased ("prepare yourself, alchemist" actually could suggest some kind of multiplayer aspect. Only MMOs and so on use that kind of rhetoric in their promotional material. If not, it would be a very odd way to refer to the game's main character.

#harmonyofdespair2

Offline Foffy

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #412 on: May 06, 2015, 06:27:29 AM »
I'm sure I will get proven wrong soon enough, but the way that flyer is phrased ("prepare yourself, alchemist" actually could suggest some kind of multiplayer aspect. Only MMOs and so on use that kind of rhetoric in their promotional material. If not, it would be a very odd way to refer to the game's main character.

#harmonyofdespair2

That would explain the multiplayer mechanic in this teaser. I hope a combination, ala Souls: have the main game be whatever it is, and overlap a multiplayer system where clans fight for treasure, presumably in multiplayer dungeons. That stipulation would make the most sense for a 2D game.

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #413 on: May 06, 2015, 06:30:44 AM »
Well i like to thing that the alchemist aspect has something to do with combining materials for making equipment and other stuff, than being something associated with MMO.
Ruler of Chaos

Offline EstebanT

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #414 on: May 06, 2015, 07:14:21 AM »
I'll gladly take a HoD spiritual successor.

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #415 on: May 06, 2015, 07:23:13 AM »
+4
The forging reminds me of CoD.

Offline whipsmemory

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #416 on: May 06, 2015, 07:28:39 AM »
#harmonyofdespair2

no seriously, HoD is okay, but after all these years I'd be quite frustrated with a new Castlevania-inspired game by IGA being a multiplayer game of some sort

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
« Reply #417 on: May 06, 2015, 08:10:16 AM »
That would explain the multiplayer mechanic in this teaser. I hope a combination, ala Souls: have the main game be whatever it is, and overlap a multiplayer system where clans fight for treasure, presumably in multiplayer dungeons. That stipulation would make the most sense for a 2D game.

Yeah, that would definitely be best, IMO.

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline Jop

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
  • Awards 2017-09-Sprite Contest 3rd Place 2017-12-Holiday Sprite Award First Place 2016-04-Story Contest - 1st place 2015-04- Sprite Contest Gold 2015-05- Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #418 on: May 06, 2015, 09:08:02 AM »

We want Blood!!!

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #419 on: May 06, 2015, 11:50:24 AM »
mann multiplayer is cool and all but, eh i dunno. I almost always get bored with that stuff. I played harmony of despair for like a week or 2, havent touched it since. im not into the social apps like clash of clans or anything. even the multiplayer that was in portrait of Ruin, i tried that only like 2 or 3 times. i just get bored with that stuff too easily

however if Nagumo decides to play then i would have no choice but to join o.o;
« Last Edit: May 06, 2015, 12:17:31 PM by crisis »

Tags: