Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: MOVIES  (Read 119224 times)

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #135 on: May 29, 2013, 07:25:07 AM »
so it was good? Ive been wantin to see it just havent got around to it. I mostly really liked the other ones. I watched Mirrors 2 last night... only cause it had Christy Romano in it... naked lol. Other than that it was horrible

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #136 on: May 29, 2013, 12:37:36 PM »
It's Fistin' the Furry Ass, so I'll stay home.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2013, 01:03:37 PM by Abnormal Freak »
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Mooning Freddy

• The scent of my butt will set your soul wandering for eternity!
  • Master Hunter
  • I simply love children.
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #137 on: May 31, 2013, 01:29:19 AM »
The sequel movie, on the other hand, had a couple familiar-looking characters and settings, but nothing in common with the series. Apparently the surreal and psychological horror elements flew right past the filmmakers, because this is just dumb horror movie fodder painted to look like a chintzy video game.

Holy shit revelations sucked. Heck, the first movie was good. It was loyal to the spirit of Silent Hill but still cinematic, even my friend who never played SH liked it. In fact, he said the whole mother-daughter connection in the plot was genius. I thought so too; Rose was a good character. Very unlike the dull quite emotionless Harry.
But revelations was epic fail. I still can't believe they turned Vincent into a friggin teenager with a crush on Heather. Who the **** thought bringing in cheesy teen-romance into SH3's plot would make it better. Heather is a lonely, depressed, dark and somewhat mysterious character. The actress' portrayal of her was good, it was the plot changes that screwed everything up. Valtiel was removed for a reintroduction of Pyramid Head; Claudia turning into a cenobite-like creature;

And worst of all, the Seal of Metatron as a central artifact?  :P The whole point of SH3 was that contrary to what Leonard believed, the seal was absolutely worthless. It's like SH3 in an alternate dimension, which sucks.
"Yes, I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available, because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."
~Charlie Sheen

Offline Ratty

• A Little Pile of Secrets
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Other (?)
« Reply #138 on: June 15, 2013, 03:49:31 PM »
So I finally watched "The Avengers" (not having seen it was a secret nerd shame) and it was pretty good. My favorite of Marvel's movie super heroes (Thor) was downplayed but that's alright since Loki got to be even more awesome than he was the first time around.

Also finally watched "The Good, The Bad and the Ugly" (not having seen it was a secret moviebuff shame, though I no longer consider myself a moviebuff) it was ok. Though it was so long I had to watch it in several segments. And the "Ugly" character was a lot more fun than the "Good" or "Bad" ones. I've been a fan of spaghetti westerns for a while, I enjoy the moral ambiguity, music and often beautiful scenery. But just never ran across the Eastwood ones.

It's Fistin' the Furry Ass, so I'll stay home.

Wat.

That reminds me, I've been meaning to check out Kung Fu Panda. ;P
« Last Edit: June 15, 2013, 03:51:02 PM by Ratty »

Offline Pfil

• How I miss the old days...
  • Master Hunter
  • Quit treating me like a child!
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (NDS)
« Reply #139 on: June 15, 2013, 04:03:29 PM »
"The Final Duel" theme, by Ennio Morricone, for "The Good The Bad & The Ugly" is awesome!
I don't remember if that is the correct name.
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #140 on: June 15, 2013, 11:09:26 PM »
Galaxy Quest. It was funny.

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #141 on: June 16, 2013, 03:52:06 AM »
"The Final Duel" theme, by Ennio Morricone, for "The Good The Bad & The Ugly" is awesome!
I don't remember if that is the correct name.

Y'must be thinking of "The Trio". Great soundtrack all around. (I bought a complete version on CD some years back.)

Watched RoboCop yesterday. One of my absolute favorites. Killer effects, great music, and I really like these kinds of big-budget movies that feel like B-movies; Paul Verhoeven is especially good at that.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Ratty

• Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #142 on: June 16, 2013, 05:01:50 AM »
Yeah the soundtrack in The Good the Bad & The Ugly was definitely a highlight of the film. Love how they pushed it into the forefront of a lot of the scenes to punctuate things, especially in the final scene.

And Galaxy Quest is a lot of fun. Still need to see RoboCop actually. So many movies, so little time.

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #143 on: June 16, 2013, 09:20:30 AM »
Galaxy Quest is a completely underrated movie. Always been a fav of mine. That and Mystery Men are 2 of the top movies I love that practically no one else has heard of

Offline Pfil

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #144 on: June 16, 2013, 02:27:48 PM »
Indeed, the music stands out in "The good the bad and the ugly".
Yes, the name of the theme is The Trio, I checked it. It's superb!
That's the case with many Ennio Morricone soundtracks. His music os so great that it gains more protagonism than the characters. I like that.
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline son_the_vampire

• Chilly Lemonade
  • Legendary Hunter
  • I see you over there.. Yeah you
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Chronicles: Akumajo Dracula (X68k/PS1)
« Reply #145 on: June 20, 2013, 04:35:15 AM »
Indeed, the music stands out in "The good the bad and the ugly".
Yes, the name of the theme is The Trio, I checked it. It's superb!
That's the case with many Ennio Morricone soundtracks. His music os so great that it gains more protagonism than the characters. I like that.
I have loved every version of this song that I have heard!
I just watched Limitless. I kinda feel some of us have a natural NZT high. One of my favorite movies. I've watched it about 10 times a year since it came out
Twitch.tv/TrippyLemonss

Offline Pfil

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #146 on: June 24, 2013, 03:01:38 PM »
Limitless was a cool movie. I would have liked the plot to get more into intellectual stuff and less into action (I mean, thing the main character could have done with this 4 digits IQ... instead of action scenes).
But it was nice.

Is there any other version of Ennio Morricone's The Trio apart from the one heard in the movie?

Offline TheouAegis

• Amateur Auteur of GMvania
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • GMvania Developer's Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #147 on: June 24, 2013, 05:55:59 PM »
Watched Gattaca last night. I actually enjoyed it. It was captivating. It didn't stir up emotions like some other movies, but sometimes a movie can be good without doing that. Such a bittersweet ending too. Was sad and yet uplifting... Blegh.
Your mom has had more floppies put in her than a Commodore 64!

Follow my lack of progress on my game at my blog:
http://gmvania.blogspot.com

Offline Ratty

• Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.
    • Awards
« Reply #148 on: June 29, 2013, 11:38:22 AM »
Finally watched Wreck-It Ralph the concept of the arcade is outdated and makes it feel more like a Toy Story ripoff then it had to, but overall a very cute movie. I guess when dealing with video games you're always going to be dated very quickly so you might as well embrace it.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2013, 11:39:53 AM by Ratty »

Offline TheouAegis

• Amateur Auteur of GMvania
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • GMvania Developer's Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #149 on: June 29, 2013, 09:55:39 PM »
Arcades aren't that outdated. When I was at Silverwood Theme Park in Idaho, there were quite a few people at the arcade. And the malls here used to have arcades. Sure that was probably ten to twe--

WAAAAAAAAAAH! I'M SO OOOOOOOLLLLLLDDDD!!!! WAAAAAAAAAH!  :'(

And no, it's hardly a Toy Story ripoff. Toy Story wasn't as much about being accepted and remembered as time went on, it was about cherishing the things you had as a child. If you want to call Wreck-It Ralph out on being a ripoff of Toy Story (granted, it's the same company so it's a valid argument), then I could just as easily call Toy Story out on being a ripoff of The Velveteen Rabbit, which was way more of a tearjerker.

Latest movie for me was 12 Monkeys. Oh my god, Brad Pitt was awesome in that movie! The story was pretty good, although a bit predictable. Bruce Willis was actually pretty damned good. I read that Terry Gilliam told him to not act like Bruce Willis. I love Terry! If it wasn't for Brad Pitt though, I don't think I"d ever stand re-watching it; but Brad Pitt was seriously so damned good!

12 Monkeys (4/10) Movie CLIP - Institutionalized With Jeffrey (1995) HD
12 Monkeys (7/10) Movie CLIP - The Great Escape (1995) HD
« Last Edit: June 29, 2013, 10:04:41 PM by TheouAegis »
Your mom has had more floppies put in her than a Commodore 64!

Follow my lack of progress on my game at my blog:
http://gmvania.blogspot.com

Tags:

anything