Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania : The Complete Choronicles ????  (Read 114600 times)

spkywlnt73

Re: Castlevania : The Complete Choronicles ????
« Reply #225 on: September 03, 2011, 06:25:10 AM »
Man this sounds good! This could be the mother load! I don't know what this vita thing is, but I'll be checking in to it for sure. A remake of the first three cv's on the nes would be frigging awesome, Why don't they see this?

Offline Gambit Belmont

• Kinetic Vampire Hunter
  • Hunter in Training
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
« Reply #226 on: September 03, 2011, 12:45:47 PM »
I'm not exactly sure what to make of this, but if The Complete Chronicles is supposed to be the Anniversary release, i'm somewhat curious... Hey, I just want a new Castlevania game that follows the main canon (IE not LoS).  Haven't had one since OoE, which was roughly 3 years ago.

Anyway, TCC doesn't look like it's gonna be a combination of the first 3 games.  Now what WOULD be extremely awesome, even though this is just nothing but a wet dream... would be for them to make TCC a game that wrapped the storylines of all the games chronologically into an ultimate "vania-fest". :p  Either that or just a complete chronicle of every single Belmont's storyline.  Like from Leon's establishment of Vampire Killer, all the way to Julius' epic 1999 climax. :p
« Last Edit: September 03, 2011, 12:47:32 PM by Gambit Belmont »

Offline affinity

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Will make a staunch stand on one subject and never, ever budge. The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #227 on: September 03, 2011, 12:51:38 PM »

Vita should have PS2 Support and have original Games, that's all there is needed to sell the Vita.

instead of that, they shouldn't bother making Vita and just patch PS3 to allow PS2 support, instead of dividing the community and developer projects in half again like has been the case with PSP   (DXC would have been so much better on PS3 instead of PSP.)

360 doesn't have portable and their library has been getting much better since all games are available from the same source.   

Not a new source you have to shell out $250 to play the new stuff on an inferior screen and controls.

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #228 on: September 03, 2011, 01:07:27 PM »
instead of that, they shouldn't bother making Vita and just patch PS3 to allow PS2 support, instead of dividing the community and developer projects in half again like has been the case with PSP   (DXC would have been so much better on PS3 instead of PSP.)

360 doesn't have portable and their library has been getting much better since all games are available from the same source.   

Not a new source you have to shell out $250 to play the new stuff on an inferior screen and controls.

Won't do that just yet since the PS2 is Dominating the Xbox 360 in Japan in sales.

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Offline Gambit Belmont

• Kinetic Vampire Hunter
  • Hunter in Training
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
« Reply #229 on: September 03, 2011, 01:41:47 PM »
Won't do that just yet since the PS2 is Dominating the Xbox 360 in Japan in sales.

This makes me proud to own my PS2. <3

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #230 on: September 03, 2011, 11:21:24 PM »
Just wish they were better made, cuz...... both of mine have had my lasers die.

Offline Deko21

• Jack of all trades, master of none
  • Vampire Hunter
  • The world is corrupt
    • Awards
« Reply #231 on: September 04, 2011, 09:21:44 PM »
I'm surprised the PS2 is still alive after a couple years after its gen.
Still have mine, but only because my PS3 isn't backwards compatable.
"I may not be able to use the whip, but i can still kick your ass!" -Jonathan Morris

Offline Koutei

• Uboaaa!
  • Legendary Hunter
  • The Japanese People
  • Awards Lurker: Spies on from afar, rarely interacting with the general populace.
    • Awards

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #233 on: September 14, 2011, 01:27:37 AM »
I don't see TCC listed here. Does that mean we're DOOMED?

Offline Munchy

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #234 on: September 14, 2011, 01:33:14 AM »
I don't get why Konami would put money into a retarded concept like Book of Memories, but not this, which would require much less work (make some emulators, slap games onto card, profit) and much less provocation of fans (well, Silent Hill fans anyway).

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #235 on: September 14, 2011, 03:42:28 AM »
LULZ @ Square Enix remaking Final Fantasy X for Vita instead of FF VII.

Anyway, the MGS and ZoE HD Collections for Vita turned out to be true. Makes me wonder if Konami is indeed working on the Complete Chronicles for Vita after all, but they're keeping it a secret just to SHOCK us with a surprise announcement at the very last minute? If so, let's hope it's coming to PS3/360 as well.

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #236 on: September 14, 2011, 08:25:24 AM »
It's funny how all the rumors end of being true, except the Castlevania bit.  >:(   

Offline affinity

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Will make a staunch stand on one subject and never, ever budge. The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #237 on: September 14, 2011, 09:37:21 AM »
LULZ @ Square Enix remaking Final Fantasy X for Vita instead of FF VII.

FFX won't fit 'remake' standards, just sprinkled with High Definition and maybe trophies, which don't enhance the gameplay or presentation much.  (which isn't the same as updating the 3-D graphics to FFXIII standards, added content, extra cutscenes, and more like Resident Evil 1 remake and MGS remake.)

If anything, FFX on Vita should count more as a slightly updated "port" than labeling it as a "remake".

Well of course videos/screens of it has yet to be seen, but it will be no surprise if it turns out to be like Silent Hill Collection, which are basically the same exact thing as the originals with HD tagged over it.   

I think even SE is aware that FFVII "HD" isn't going to be accepted as a remake people demanded for years (especially after seeing that FFVII PS3 Tech Demo), so that's probably why they are trying it with FFX instead.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2011, 09:40:29 AM by affinity »

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #238 on: September 14, 2011, 11:50:28 AM »
1. that's the only point, I just said that the PSP is Frikken awesome, Sony just Can't Sell it.
2. Piracy? This is the western gaming's bird flu, It doesn't affect anything, yet they are fucking pussies when someone says it.
3. this is true, but its not about PSP vs. DS, the DS may have more good games, but the PSP has the Juggernauts (like PSP2, FF type 0)
4. Sony shouldn't make Shitty spin-offs from the get go, that's why the PSP hurt in sales AND the Vita will too.

the Vita WILL fail if Sony is Keeping this Route, I dont wanna buy another PS3 just to play PS3 games, its a fucking waste. "oooh but its playing ps3 on handheld!!" yeah, that's true, but are you willing to spend $60 for the game on console and $40 for the vita version Knowing that the PS3 version will overall be the better experience?

Vita should have PS2 Support and have original Games, that's all there is needed to sell the Vita.
PSP didn't fail. That's all. I will not make this bigger than it needs.

Offline fledermavs

• Awards
« Reply #239 on: September 20, 2011, 11:05:48 AM »
I failed to see on the papers listing the games that they were Vita exclusives. Still, it seems absurd for Konami to make a game such as TCC for a handheld that isn't even out yet. They have showed poor judgement (no pun intended) with DXC being ONLY for PSP. That was a slap in the face to 'Vania fans everywhere. Even with glasses, I have to squint to see the PSP screen properly, and The Vita looks to be a better version of PSP GO. Still, only the moderately well-off, or those who still live with their parents can adopt a new system right away these days. For Konami to put a game like TCC on the Vita ONLY just seems like another open-handed slap and financial suicide for Castlevania. So many of us will be left on the sidelines with this one. I hope Konami will put this on PS3 to let the wider range of gamers play.

Tags:

anything