Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: You guys seen this too?  (Read 3740 times)

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« on: March 19, 2012, 03:31:39 PM »

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2012, 08:49:27 PM »
Seems like another propaganda flick hiding their real intent. You don't even see the true Mormon philosophy about marrying teenaged girls off to old men in their 60's  :P Of course that's not including how women's rights and freedoms are almost completely stripped away from them. And that one man can have as many teenage girls for wives as he wants.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2012, 09:02:50 PM by X »
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2012, 11:21:18 PM »
Seems like another propaganda flick hiding their real intent. You don't even see the true Mormon philosophy about marrying teenaged girls off to old men in their 60's  :P Of course that's not including how women's rights and freedoms are almost completely stripped away from them. And that one man can have as many teenage girls for wives as he wants.

>.> Are you trying to convince us to join?

Okay, just skimmed through but is that really what they believe? >.> That mormons believe that they become gods? I thought it was based on Christianity, which is based on Judaism, which has the 10 commandments saying something along the lines of ... there only being one god.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2012, 11:26:17 PM by Kale »

Offline TheouAegis

• Amateur Auteur of GMvania
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • GMvania Developer's Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2012, 08:37:57 AM »
Supposedly it's from old doctrine, like polygamy. But I guess most of it got expunged from official doctrine, like Christians did to Deuteronomy.
Your mom has had more floppies put in her than a Commodore 64!

Follow my lack of progress on my game at my blog:
http://gmvania.blogspot.com

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2012, 10:38:36 AM »
+1
I can give the suspension of disbelief and benefit of the doubt to a lot of main stream religions. At their core basis they at least make sense in an of themselves. The Mormon religion, however, was 'read' out of a top hat. I'm sorry but the credibility is astoundingly abysmal here. Add all this up along with the Native Americans being Jews, bullshit about the two golden tablet sets after the first copy 'vanished', and the mismatched stories? Don't forget all the male pandering additions and perks inserted to make them OK and morally justified. It's just an obvious load all the way around.

No religion is perfect, and we've seen many alterations and bastardizations to them over time (the 'church' of Jesus probably being the star example here), but Mormonism is by far a completely ridiculous reinvention with obvious ulterior motives in the changes made.

Joseph Smith was nothing but a con artist taking the most popular and widespread religion of his time and place, and bastardizing it to suit his own wants and desires. No one of the Jewish or Christian faith would ever agree that any of the teachings here see eye to eye with this abomination of a religion.

Offline Mooning Freddy

• The scent of my butt will set your soul wandering for eternity!
  • Master Hunter
  • I simply love children.
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2012, 10:44:35 AM »
I cried when the Indians killed those Romans. The cruel ways of history  :'(
"Yes, I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available, because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."
~Charlie Sheen

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2012, 03:37:56 PM »
+1
I can give the suspension of disbelief and benefit of the doubt to a lot of main stream religions. At their core basis they at least make sense in an of themselves. The Mormon religion, however, was 'read' out of a top hat. I'm sorry but the credibility is astoundingly abysmal here. Add all this up along with the Native Americans being Jews, bullshit about the two golden tablet sets after the first copy 'vanished', and the mismatched stories? Don't forget all the male pandering additions and perks inserted to make them OK and morally justified. It's just an obvious load all the way around.

No religion is perfect, and we've seen many alterations and bastardizations to them over time (the 'church' of Jesus probably being the star example here), but Mormonism is by far a completely ridiculous reinvention with obvious ulterior motives in the changes made.

Joseph Smith was nothing but a con artist taking the most popular and widespread religion of his time and place, and bastardizing it to suit his own wants and desires. No one of the Jewish or Christian faith would ever agree that any of the teachings here see eye to eye with this abomination of a religion.

Amen uzo. and don't forget about Warren Jeffs who even took polygamy and Mormonism a few steps further. I'm glad that f**ker got nailed.
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2012, 11:53:17 PM »
I don't know what Mormonism is like today, but in its heyday there was certainly a lot of disgusting misogyny going on. There are accounts of such if one were to delve deeply enough. One wrote about the mountains surrounding Salt Lake City being like inescapable prison walls. It makes you wanna cry when you read about the hateful things that were done.

Okay, just skimmed through but is that really what they believe? >.> That mormons believe that they become gods? I thought it was based on Christianity, which is based on Judaism, which has the 10 commandments saying something along the lines of ... there only being one god.

Mormonism is so far removed from Christianity that I personally find it offensive that people call it a Christian religion. It's not. Yet people know so little about it that they don't really think about it, and just accept it as another denomination or sect.

I don't mean that to be a put-down on current day Mormons, but it is something else entirely with some major bastardizations of traditional Christian doctrine. According to Christianity, Jesus and Satan aren't brothers, for one...
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Opium

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
Re: You guys seen this too?
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2012, 06:38:26 AM »
I think they're ALL silly.  Xtianity, Judaism, Mormonism, Islam - they all sound totally ridiculous to me.  Odin - now THAT's the true god.  I worship the fighting Norse gods of the vikings.  All other religions just seem so silly to me.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2012, 09:42:12 AM »
+1
I think they're ALL silly.  Xtianity, Judaism, Mormonism, Islam - they all sound totally ridiculous to me.  Odin - now THAT's the true god.  I worship the fighting Norse gods of the vikings.  All other religions just seem so silly to me.

I have a thing for Valkyries  ;D and no, not those overweight opera singers, but the true amazonian type of Valkyrie warrior maiden.

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2012, 04:27:21 PM »
You gotta be kidding me

Everything comes full circle

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2012, 12:31:38 AM »
You gotta be kidding me

I never kidd around when it comes to things I like  ;)

Tags: prunyuu