Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: RIP Robin Williams  (Read 5467 times)

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
  • That Star Wars will make a million bucks someday.
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2014, 03:11:09 AM »
Kind of surprised how many positive comments I've seen about him online in the last few days. I was always under the impression that he annoyed the crap out of most people. Glad to see that wasn't true.

Live on Broadway was awesome. One Hour Photo was great, too...he was excellent in that one.

And even though it doesn't get much attention, he absolutely killed in Death to Smoochy. He MADE that movie.

...actually, come to think of it, he carried a lot of movies.
It's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but instead it's Who Wants Fried Chicken? I do.

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2014, 03:29:23 AM »
Outside of being a kid, I was never really a fan of Williams, but One Hour Photo was really disturbing, I recall. Shame he had to kill himself, and it hurts seeing that Zelda video with him goofing around with his daughter. I pray she'll recover.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
  • Awards 2015-01-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2014, 11:00:24 AM »
That's one of the silver linings to this, Freak. It sucks that he's gone, but he doesn't have to suffer his demons anymore.

Also, it's not much, but it's the only tribute I feel I can really do from here (if I was in California I'd certainly leave vigils in his honor, but life isn't perfect)
http://youtu.be/mHn6WtStwp4

Trøllabundin eri eg, inn í hjartarót.

Offline Ratty

• A Little Pile of Secrets
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Other (?)
« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2014, 02:48:04 PM »
Can't say I saw most of his movies. Though I quite enjoyed Hook and Jumanji as a kid. Ironically I just came across my only-watched-once DVD of "What Dreams May Come" the day before. In which he plays a man in heaven who has to go to hell to rescue his wife after she commits suicide as I recall. Sad to see him go, especially this way. I hope others battling with depression will try to get help rather than follow his last example here.

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2014, 08:23:49 PM »
It really hurt to hear that he committed suicide. He's an actor and guy I greatly respect and admire, and to think that he was SO distraught, SO distressed, that he felt he had no other option but to end it all, is just painful. even moreso since he always and I mean ALWAYS put on a smile and tried to make people laugh regardless of his own internal struggles.

Gonna miss him.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2014, 02:21:38 AM »
+1
I just hope people will understand more about depression and try to help those who are showing signs instead of turning a blind eye.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2014, 10:01:39 AM »
Indeed.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline GuyStarwind

• Lawful Good
  • Master Hunter
  • Shahrukh Khan is the greatest actor out there
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Crappy Brown Jacket Films
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #22 on: August 19, 2014, 03:34:46 PM »
Did anyone watch The Adventures of Baron Munchausen where he's the king of the moon or something like that?
http://www.dvdactive.com/images/reviews/screenshot/2011/4/munchausenbdcap5_original.jpg

Tags: