Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: So apparently there's a Blade Runner sequel under development  (Read 3004 times)

Offline Mooning Freddy

• The scent of my butt will set your soul wandering for eternity!
  • Master Hunter
  • I simply love children.
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
... And as odd as that sounds, seems quite exciting.
I consider Blade Runner possibly the best Science Fiction film ever made, so I'm curious to know what they come up with. Even if not on par with the original (the vangelis soundtrack is perfection), it would still be cool to see Ford enter the Decard role again.

http://variety.com/2016/film/news/blade-runner-sequel-carla-juri-1201771524/
« Last Edit: May 13, 2016, 02:16:59 PM by Mooning Freddy »
"Yes, I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available, because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."
~Charlie Sheen

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Re: So apparently there's a Blade Runner sequel under development
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2016, 02:38:11 AM »
Very interesting, though IMO blade runner worked well on its own, not sure how much it needs a sequel ;o

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
  • Awards 2015-01-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2016, 05:13:09 AM »
+1
If it stinks then it'll drive me Roy Batty.

Trøllabundin eri eg, inn í hjartarót.

Offline Mooning Freddy

• The scent of my butt will set your soul wandering for eternity!
  • Master Hunter
  • I simply love children.
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2016, 02:35:13 PM »
Very interesting, though IMO blade runner worked well on its own, not sure how much it needs a sequel ;o

Yeah, Ridley Scott himself said it's a challenge to come up with a plot as "Do Androids Dream..." was a complete story with a beginning and an end. But they still decided to go with it from what I read.
"Yes, I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available, because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."
~Charlie Sheen

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2016, 01:31:45 AM »
Could be interesting if the new movie is to Blade Runner what Prometheus is to Alien: a good standalone movie that doesn't necessarily need to be viewed as part of a whole. Don't ape the original but don't make it completely stupid either.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Tags:

anything