Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: MOVIES  (Read 119230 times)

Offline TheouAegis

• Amateur Auteur of GMvania
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • GMvania Developer's Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #105 on: April 13, 2013, 09:30:10 AM »
Random. I figured someone would enjoy subtitles.
Your mom has had more floppies put in her than a Commodore 64!

Follow my lack of progress on my game at my blog:
http://gmvania.blogspot.com

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #106 on: April 13, 2013, 09:33:17 AM »
"They hate the light and the water...
they are a cursed tribe."

:P
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #107 on: April 13, 2013, 11:48:42 AM »
I keep wanting to check out that movie but unlike Theou I'm not a pirating bastard and I never see the Blu-ray for cheap.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline TheouAegis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
« Reply #108 on: April 13, 2013, 08:44:53 PM »
 :-X.l.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #109 on: April 13, 2013, 11:51:51 PM »
Guyver 2: Dark Hero. Love the film to death. I first saw it back in early '96 and just recently found a copy sitting in a free store where I work. SCORE!! I've been trying to get my hands on it for well over a decade now so I got lucky. I just wish they'd release a full music score of the film because that's 50% of the bad-ass awesomeness of the film right there. I did see the first film once but that was enough for me. It wasn't nearly as impressive in anyway compared to it's sequel.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #110 on: April 15, 2013, 01:34:35 AM »
+1
Just watched Escape from L.A. a few days ago.
SNAKE!!!

Offline Pfil

• How I miss the old days...
  • Master Hunter
  • Quit treating me like a child!
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (NDS)
« Reply #111 on: April 17, 2013, 02:16:11 AM »
+1
Barry Lyndon, classic film from Stanley Kubrick.
So much beauty! A tragic story with beautiful and tragic characters, settled in an ancient time. It was beautiful.

And watched again OldBoy with my best friend. The ending again made me cry. Still one of my all-time favourites.
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #112 on: April 17, 2013, 03:34:50 AM »
Oldboy is raaaaad. One day I'll read the manga which I own all volumes of.

Just rewatched Repo Man courtesy of Criterion's excellent Blu-ray. Love this film to death, 5/5 stars.

Repo Man - Let's Go Get Sushi And Not Pay
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #113 on: April 17, 2013, 08:07:03 AM »
<

Who is this user? Abnormal Freak knows him. Me too, but I dont remember who said this:

I renounced all of the curse-filled music I've ever listened to (and everything else in my life). Been replacing it with worship and praise.

Please guys, try to remember, I dont know why but its really getting in my nerves. This user edited almost all posts to ".", ",", "-" or a "=". Why he is trying to erase hesrself?!
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Lone Wolf

Re: Movies recently watched
« Reply #114 on: April 28, 2013, 03:58:42 AM »
+1
Orphan..
Just the way Esther and her sister "play" around they sound like two morbid girls, and it's kind of creepy...
Esther, for one side, sounds like a psycho; the younger sister, on the other hand, sounded like the innocent little girl that "loves her sister, so she'll do whatever she wants her to do"...

The Orphan Sister Abigails Death Scene - Remusicalización

Offline Ratty

• A Little Pile of Secrets
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Other (?)
« Reply #115 on: April 28, 2013, 08:34:18 AM »
I recently watched the forgettable but mostly inoffensive (except for criminal under-use of Rosalba "Lady Frankenstein" Neri) Spaghetti Western Arizona Colt. Aka The Man From Nowhere, which is an odd retitling considering the main character clearly states he's from Arizona in addition to being named after it. I find these kinds of flicks relaxing and unlike some of the Mill Creek releases I've bought I don't regret getting their 44 Spaghetti Western Pack even the "good" transfers on the set are kinda bad but I've definitely seen worse.

Also picked up where I left off on my way through Hercules the Legendary Journeys after a few months break and watched the first two thirds of the "Golden Hind Trilogy" of episodes. I wonder how much less amusing this arc would be if I didn't know the Hind was played by Kevin Sorbo's actual wife. Considering how primitive the effects on Herc's cervine love interest now look I'm pretty sure it'd still be worth a chuckle. Also maybe I just have a bad sense of humor but I find Joxer genuinely funny and wish he had been on TLJ more.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2013, 01:18:53 PM by Ratty »

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #116 on: April 28, 2013, 11:45:28 AM »
Recently got around to watching Dark Knight Rises.

I would rate it the worst of the 3 Nolan Batman movies. Tries too hard to be too many things, without letting any element truly sink in properly. It feels like every story point is rushed through without proper pacing, and I was disappointed at
(click to show/hide)
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Ratty

• A Little Pile of Secrets
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Other (?)
« Reply #117 on: April 28, 2013, 01:20:40 PM »
Recently got around to watching Dark Knight Rises.

I would rate it the worst of the 3 Nolan Batman movies. Tries too hard to be too many things, without letting any element truly sink in properly. It feels like every story point is rushed through without proper pacing, and I was disappointed at
(click to show/hide)

Saw it in the theater, thought it was ok for what it was. Kind of demonstrates the shortcomings of confining yourself to a "gritty, realistic" telling of what is essentially adolescent empowerment fantasy. Much as I'm apathetic toward the actual character I must admit I think Iron Man has since demonstrated that you can have more blatant, even lighthearted, fantasy and still get a general audience to suspend their disbelief with this kind of "my superpower is lots of money" character. Now that Nolan and Bale are done with Bats I'm interested to see where Warner Bros. takes him next, but Adam West will always be my favorite Batman.

PS- One also has to remember that the film was originally intended to have the Joker in it, who knows how this might have affected the re-write. Though he could have just been intended to fill the same cameo role Scarecrow wound up filling, dunno.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2013, 01:31:34 PM by Ratty »

Offline TheouAegis

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #118 on: April 28, 2013, 04:41:39 PM »
Watched Ultra Saga last night. Ultraman Dyna, Ultraman Zero and Ultraman Cosmos help a girl band turned gangsters turned make-shift defense force defend a small group of surviving children on a Earth almost utterly demolished by Alien Batto who is trying to merge with the powerful alien Zetton. Zero's host doesn't want to be an Ultraman at first, because in his universe Ultraman Dyna failed to save his parents.The movie was entertaining, but I prefer the men-in-rubber-suits Ultraman shows over the CGI-heavy ones, which the latest movies are.

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #119 on: April 28, 2013, 05:08:30 PM »
Saw it in the theater, thought it was ok for what it was. Kind of demonstrates the shortcomings of confining yourself to a "gritty, realistic" telling of what is essentially adolescent empowerment fantasy. Much as I'm apathetic toward the actual character I must admit I think Iron Man has since demonstrated that you can have more blatant, even lighthearted, fantasy and still get a general audience to suspend their disbelief with this kind of "my superpower is lots of money" character. Now that Nolan and Bale are done with Bats I'm interested to see where Warner Bros. takes him next, but Adam West will always be my favorite Batman.

PS- One also has to remember that the film was originally intended to have the Joker in it, who knows how this might have affected the re-write. Though he could have just been intended to fill the same cameo role Scarecrow wound up filling, dunno.
It wasn't a problem of being realistic or gritty, really, it was that it was essentially fanservice, and thats it. "oooh look, It's like Dark Knight Returns, with Bruce coming out of retirement and staging his death!" "oooh look, it's totally knightfall with Bane breaking Batman's back and Bruce having to learn to walk again!" "Oooh look it's Talia! She was in this! WHAT A TWEEST!" It was pandering, and as a result, suffered for it. It just had shitty pacing because it tried to crap too many elements into it's story, without accommodating the run time of the movie. Joker's absence really doesn't mater too much. Bane broke Blackgate open, not Arkham.

And even in the novelization, which references Joker, they mention him as having stayed in Arkham as it's lone inmate. Which actually kind of works. I would expect Joker to do creepy weird shit like decide to live in Arkham when everyone else gets sprung, and only escape when everyone else gets put IN.

I also saw "The Others" on TV the other day. Haha, what a GREAT ending. that was truly surprising.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Tags: