Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: U.S. official: Syrian regime seems to be readying for massacre  (Read 1927 times)

Offline Ravvie

• Ooh, bacon!
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Re: U.S. official: Syrian regime seems to be readying for massacre
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2012, 12:39:11 PM »
+1
This is just so terrible...and so out of control. Granted I've feared stuff like this since that video of a boy being rescued from his house where everyone else was murdered, but still, I didn't want to think it would be like this.

I've heard they have nuclear and chemical weapons as well.
That awkward moment when you have no idea what to write in a signature.

Offline Mooning Freddy

• The scent of my butt will set your soul wandering for eternity!
  • Master Hunter
  • I simply love children.
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
Re: U.S. official: Syrian regime seems to be readying for massacre
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2012, 02:32:34 PM »
http://worldnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/07/26/12963787-us-official-syrian-regime-seems-to-be-readying-for-massacre?lite&ocid=ansmsnbc11

This might not end well.  :(

YOU DON'T SAY.

Seriously though, Assad PREPARING for a massacre? Than I suppose the mass murders that his army has been committing by the thousands for over a year HASN'T been massacre?
Assad's gonna fall. He's fighting for his life, but bleeding from the neck. He has his powerful army and may consider more serious ways of oppression. And the worst part? If (probably when) he falls, the political gap created from the regime's downfall would drive his entire state into anarchy. You think the rebels fighting against him are united and well-organized? Think again. There are many groups in Syria interested in Assad's demise, and once he's fallen, they'd most probably fight for power among themselves. It could be like Iraq and Afghanistan, but without the US army struggling to maintain order, so it could be worse.

I've heard they have chemical weapons as well.

YES. And with anarchy in Syria you could be almost certain they'd find their way into irresponsible hands. Israel's worst fear is the weapons leaking to Lebanon and Hezbollah. Israel already threatened to use any means necessary to prevent that. 

Seems to me like the only way is international intervention. I know that USA really wants to avoid that after Iraq and Afghanistan, and Russia-China would do anything to keep Assad in power. Then there's the pain in the ass called Iran. Yet it seems they are running out of other options. 
"Yes, I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available, because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."
~Charlie Sheen

Tags: