Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Does anyone here go to the Inverted Dungeon forums?  (Read 43370 times)

Offline Succubus

• Head Priestess of the Monkey Cult
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
Re: Does anyone here go to the Inverted Dungeon forums?
« Reply #90 on: October 18, 2011, 06:22:11 PM »
Yeah, in the General Castlevania Discussion, which is now in the Library. Since everybody was complaining about lame polls and the powers that be are too lazy to make any effort to keep the same topics from being remade every month for the past decade, I decided to make poll for a topic that's never been done. And the people liked it, but I guess people aren't allowed to enjoy topics here. They're only allowed to ask who's your favorite Belmont over and over until everyone wants to blow their brains out.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #91 on: October 18, 2011, 06:23:50 PM »
That topic was Off-Topic worthy.   I should've moved it instead of deleted it.
I will fix that in a jiffy.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Sindra

• Lore Spelunker
  • RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2015-05- Digital Art Contest 1st Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • SindraVania Projects
    • Awards
« Reply #92 on: October 18, 2011, 06:25:28 PM »
Theer really are a shyte-tone of favorites threads in there, aren't there?

So little originality, these kids.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #93 on: October 18, 2011, 06:29:44 PM »
There's actually a clause in the rules that states that such topics are frowned upon.
Clearly people are not reading them.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline snappleman

• ^-^
  • Inverted Dungeonite
  • Hunter in Training
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Awards
« Reply #94 on: October 18, 2011, 06:30:51 PM »
Well, when in Rome...
--------------
^-^

Offline Succubus

• Head Priestess of the Monkey Cult
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« Reply #95 on: October 18, 2011, 06:36:45 PM »
It's perfectly on-topic. >( There are fleamen in the games. They're living creatures, so they poop. We were sharing fan speculation on what their poop would be like and what we would like best.

What's frowned upon? Remaking the same topic a bajillion times over? Or making a topic that's actually original and entertaining? Because the former is sure as fuck worse. If this board was decent and anything like the others I go to, the mods and admins would merge topics about the same thing or close new topics with a link directing to the old one. Having the board cluttered up with page after page of the same shit is far more disruptive to decent discussion than one single silly topic.

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #96 on: October 18, 2011, 06:41:04 PM »
To be fair, succubus, a lot of those repetitive polls were made by one guy. He's kind of new here so we went easy on him, but at this point I think he's kind of gotten the sense that a bunch of topics like the ones he's been making are kind of irritating. It's not really a problem with the board, just with a couple new members XD

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline Sindra

• Lore Spelunker
  • RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2015-05- Digital Art Contest 1st Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • SindraVania Projects
    • Awards
« Reply #97 on: October 18, 2011, 06:43:22 PM »
Or just, you know....tell the people who keep making them to fuck off.

Joooohnshaft.

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
« Reply #98 on: October 18, 2011, 06:45:56 PM »
Well, again, I didn't wanna name names, but to be fair everybody makes mistakes when they're new. Man, you shoulda gotten a load of some of the newbies the old Fire Emblem forums I used to be a part of got. But even some of the people we initially thought were God-awful turned out to be good members, though in a few cases it took a looooooong time. ^^;

Offline Sindra

• Lore Spelunker
  • RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
    • SindraVania Projects
    • Awards
« Reply #99 on: October 18, 2011, 06:47:24 PM »
Trial By Fire, I say! Learns 'em real quick and weeds out the ones that you probably don't want around!

Worked wonders for ICVD for years.

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
    • My blog
    • Awards
« Reply #100 on: October 18, 2011, 06:51:32 PM »
Eh...I think it's nice to have a more laid-back approach, too. The old FESS forums I mentioned above were *kinda* like that--our old main mod used to be called the "Idiot Molestor," and man you shoulda seen some of the smackdowns he laid out (he used to be in the Navy). It does get stressful for people, though, both in terms of the new people who joined (our forums got a reputation for being "elitist" after a while) and the people who meted out the punishments. The old fella mellowed out quite a bit over the years, even considering how FESS is inactive now. This isn't to say the same doesn't apply to me, I used to be at loggerheads with him but now I understand his position better, thanks to the viewpoint you've raised here. I'm just sayin that it does have its drawbacks u.u

Offline snappleman

• ^-^
  • Inverted Dungeonite
  • Hunter in Training
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Awards
« Reply #101 on: October 18, 2011, 06:52:07 PM »
I love how Gunlord is playing the role of the forum white knight so well. Makes him so LIKEABLE and such a HARD TARGET. I see that title of peacekeaper, that just means you're very assertive about your opinions and you never fold easily, and are not afraid of being bold and expressing that deep and diverse personality that you have.

Sorry had to edit in order to keep the opposite thing consistent throughout my post. :D
« Last Edit: October 18, 2011, 06:54:14 PM by snappleman »
--------------
^-^

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
    • My blog
    • Awards
« Reply #102 on: October 18, 2011, 06:54:23 PM »
Snapple-kun, I don't have a deep personality. It's pretty much prunyuu, weeabooisms, and *rubs.*

But you love me anyways ^.~

Offline snappleman

• ^-^
  • Inverted Dungeonite
  • Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #103 on: October 18, 2011, 06:57:21 PM »
You kind of missed the entire opposite thing in that post..... D: YOU'RE SO SHARP AND QUICK-WITTED!
--------------
^-^

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
    • My blog
    • Awards
« Reply #104 on: October 18, 2011, 06:59:32 PM »
I know, I am! Thanks snapple. You're such a nice guy. Let's get married :D

Tags: