Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Jonathan Morris, Charlotte Aulin  (Read 31658 times)

Offline Mr Sven

• Did Blow up Megaton City - Dirty Ghouls!
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Re: Jonathan Morris, Charlotte Aulin
« Reply #45 on: July 29, 2008, 10:07:35 AM »
very buggy/glitchy code which makes the game unstable on certain systems,

Considering the only legal way to play it is on the system it was designed for and runs fine unless you purposely go out of your way to glitch it I think this part of the argument can be considered a moot point.

Why write code to make it stable on a platform it will never be released for?

As for poor level design..... well, it wasn't the best but certainly was a lot nicer than DoS which for me has been one of the worst handhelds yet.

The characters in Pork, IMO, need to be toned down as they don't fit Castlevania's atmosphere. Too loud, brash and immature; To Death: "I may not have the whip's power, but I can still kick your ass!"  for example.
who the fuck says that to DEATH? It wasn't an unfortunate naming ceremony you know he earned that name.

I'd like to see reference to an attitude more fitting with the time period and upbringing of the characters. more valliant and heroic, not angsty teenager.
Legio XIII

<-------- It's mee!

Offline Alexc2808

• JerkofWonder
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #46 on: July 29, 2008, 10:27:50 AM »
That was actually the only line in the game that I loved.

And to whoever said that hating a game for its dialogue is that same as hating a book for its dialog has won the award for SILLIEST THING EVER said on the dungeon, congrats.  Video Games are about gameplay, story is a backseat buffer.
I am Jerkofwonder.

Offline Gimph

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #47 on: July 29, 2008, 11:53:02 AM »
In Reply To #47

Actually, in video games (especially Rpg titles), storyline can be just as important as gameplay. Final Fantasy, Tales of Symphonia, Baten Kaitos, etc all have incredible storylines that make them unique and awesome games. Without storyline in Castlevania, you'd have a ton of games just like The Castlevania Adventure: great gameplay, no story or dialogue, and (for some reason) the majority didn't like that game.

Offline Long John Silver

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #48 on: July 29, 2008, 12:18:00 PM »
the complete removal of storyline would only help pork though. :o

Considering the only legal way to play it is on the system it was designed for and runs fine unless you purposely go out of your way to glitch it I think this part of the argument can be considered a moot point.
that happened on an official cartridge. the game was freezing randomly for no reason.

but it also happened on some flash cards. it was the only game out of 1000+ that acted that way.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2008, 12:19:50 PM by Serio »

Z.I.R.

« Reply #49 on: July 29, 2008, 12:23:58 PM »
In Reply To #45

Juste and Maxim's relationship with each other seemed really lame and 2-dimensional. Lydie was essentially non-existent.

I really do like HoD, though, despite all that. It's my favorite of the GBA games.

Offline Alexc2808

• JerkofWonder
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #50 on: July 29, 2008, 01:02:19 PM »
In Reply To #48
That is why most rpg's have terrible gameplay and fail terribly.  Look at the history of it, there are very very few rpg series of particular merit, no where near as many as video games in other genres.  Story is in no as important as gameplay.  And for someone who gets mad at others for "putting words in your mouth" you sure love to do it to other people.  Did I ever say Cv should have no story? No.  Did I say gameplay is vastly more important than story?  Yes, I did.  Castlevania games (all of them, except for the N64 titles) have very very limited story, even sotn only has a handful of dialog.  You can tie the story into gameplay and the setting without having to make hours of cutscenes.
I am Jerkofwonder.

Offline A n t r a x x

• ~ GamersMark EIC ~
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #51 on: July 29, 2008, 02:04:23 PM »
I'm just saying for the people that DO care alot about story in their games, I'd have to think POR seriously let them down. The story was trash and the characters were annoying and unlikable.

WHOOT! What a great plot to push the game along.

I think a Madlibs session may have done a better job at crafting the tale.

"Observe their fates and learn well."

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #52 on: July 29, 2008, 02:13:39 PM »
In Reply To #51

i like those rpg gameplays. And so do many others, so no, they don't fail.

Offline outofthegamer

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #53 on: July 29, 2008, 03:25:38 PM »
No, that's like saying you don't like a book because of its dialogue; which is totally a valid argument.

And to whoever said that hating a game for its dialogue is that same as hating a book for its dialog has won the award for SILLIEST THING EVER said on the dungeon, congrats.

www.worldbeyondwalls.com - the original glitching website!! Join our forum today!!

Offline Alexc2808

• JerkofWonder
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #54 on: July 29, 2008, 03:27:58 PM »
In Reply To #53
There are a lot of good ones, but there are hundreds of terrible ones.
I am Jerkofwonder.

Offline fallenangel86

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #55 on: July 29, 2008, 06:25:46 PM »
the series was not inspired by bram stoker. that's what it became to seem like once morris's were added, but the series was inspired by the 1931 movie "dracula" starring bela lugosi. read the castlevania 1 end game credits, and take note that drac is always in a suit with cape in each game.

richter-zx

« Reply #56 on: July 29, 2008, 08:28:31 PM »
the series was not inspired by bram stoker. that's what it became to seem like once morris's were added, but the series was inspired by the 1931 movie "dracula" starring bela lugosi. read the castlevania 1 end game credits, and take note that drac is always in a suit with cape in each game.
bloodlines was made to link castlevania and bramstrokers dracula

Offline fallenangel86

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #57 on: July 30, 2008, 05:40:21 AM »
i get that, but bloodlines wasn't the first game in the series. it was essentially an afterthought.

Offline Long John Silver

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #58 on: July 30, 2008, 05:49:41 AM »
Pathway options and side missions
pork was really linear, no real alternate pathways there

Variety of useful weapons and abilities
95% of the weapons were just stat up items. they had no real usefullness, once you got one with higher stats you abandon the previous ones forever

Offline fallenangel86

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #59 on: July 30, 2008, 05:54:55 AM »
does the k stand for anything(as incorrectly abbreviated as por is), or are you just calling it pork.

Tags:

anything