Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Jonathan Morris, Charlotte Aulin  (Read 31885 times)

Offline Azmodan

• Vampire Hunter
  • Captain Obvious :(
    • Awards
Re: Jonathan Morris, Charlotte Aulin
« Reply #60 on: July 30, 2008, 05:58:58 AM »
For dropping everyone's collective I.Q. and still have people take him seriously, richter-zx is my new favorite poster.
---------------------------------------
The Chapel of Resonance- OST's, reviews, translations, and the latest Fan Games- any and everything Castlevania!

Offline Long John Silver

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #61 on: July 30, 2008, 06:34:26 AM »
does the k stand for anything(as incorrectly abbreviated as por is), or are you just calling it pork.
portrait of ruined kastlevania

Offline king metroid

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #62 on: July 30, 2008, 07:29:44 AM »
the complete removal of storyline would only help pork though. :o
that happened on an official cartridge. the game was freezing randomly for no reason.

but it also happened on some flash cards. it was the only game out of 1000+ that acted that way.
this happened for me alot during the stella and loretta battle. mostly when i spammed any of the subweapons  :P

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #63 on: July 30, 2008, 07:41:27 AM »
In Reply To #63

Happened to me quite a few times, using the actual cartridge I might add.  Sometimes it's something really stupid like throwing more than three Cream Pies, or at times when too many enemies crumble on the screen... hell, one time it messed up in the middle of the teleportation sequence using the warp rooms!

There was something seriously wrong with the game at certain times.  I mean, I liked the game and all... I guess... I did all the quests and played each mode... but I've pretty much forgotten most of the things in that game except for Stella's Tits and Koshiro's additions to the soundtrack (Gears Go Awry, Inv. of a Crazed Moon).

Most of the things I actually don't recall.  Sometimes I pop the game in again to play it just so I can remember what the big deal was.

And yeah, the two main characters reminded me of "Teen Titans" for some reasons.  And the whole "Stop treating me like a child" got old real fast.

What I really did not like was that Charlotte was basically a NinjaGaiden clone following Jonathan and throwing out assists.  There was no real need to play as her at all save for the battle against Astarte.  For everything else, she was a throwaway character.

Other things could've been done awesome, like the 'jump on your shoulders' and 'two people push at once' abilities... but they were used, like, ONCE, in the game, and then got replaced by Double/SuperJump and they became unnecessary.  Mind you, this happens in other Castleroids, but the developers could've tried to do some more innovative things with those before killing off the need for the ability.

The KickBoots from CotM come to mind.  Yeah FAR LATER in the game you get the SuperJump ability, but until then, you're wall-jumping all over the place so it's useful.  Sometimes, more useful than DoubleJump...  in PoR, it was "Hey push this statue" and then it was done, or "Hey we can't get there unless you jump on me.  Oh wow, here's DoubleJump, okay never jump on me ever again ever", etc.

I have no true problem with the plucky comic-relief personalitites, but it would have been nice if they did not behave like ScoobyDoo goody-two-shoes with some layer of angst in them.

Even Carrie felt less "like a child" than Charlotte, and Carrie was far younger.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

richter-zx

« Reply #64 on: July 30, 2008, 08:39:37 AM »
pork was really linear, no real alternate pathways there
95% of the weapons were just stat up items. they had no real usefullness, once you got one with higher stats you abandon the previous ones forever
thats how it is in almost all of the games
« Last Edit: July 30, 2008, 08:41:24 AM by richter-zx »

richter-zx

« Reply #65 on: July 30, 2008, 08:40:36 AM »
For dropping everyone's collective I.Q. and still have people take him seriously, richter-zx is my new favorite poster.
;D

Offline Long John Silver

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #66 on: July 30, 2008, 09:38:47 AM »
In Reply To #65

you could play through sotn in more ways than one.

also it had less weapons, but many of them had cool unique special moves. for example, the rapier's special attack is a "1000 stabs" attack, the sword of dawn summons a bunch of helpers, alucard sword does a double backstab, ice sword causes a slight icy wave, etc.

in dos/pork all of those would simply rushing stab attack for rapiers and slightly stronger sword slash for the other swords.

Offline A n t r a x x

• ~ GamersMark EIC ~
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #67 on: July 30, 2008, 03:22:08 PM »
In Reply To #65
...for example, the rapier's special attack is a "1000 stabs" attack,

I love SotN's rapier  ;D

"Observe their fates and learn well."

Offline A n t r a x x

• ~ GamersMark EIC ~
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #68 on: July 30, 2008, 03:24:17 PM »
In Reply To #63
Even Carrie felt less "like a child" than Charlotte, and Carrie was far younger.

I respected Carrie's maturity once I saw her bend down to comfort Malus. You could see mother-like qualities coming through (LOLZ! That sounds wrong, an' that's not how I mean it), and yeah it's sad to say, but I'd call her more mature than Charlotte, who's -- what -- like 7 years older?

Offline Long John Silver

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #69 on: July 30, 2008, 04:13:45 PM »

carrie is 12, charlotte 16.

Offline outofthegamer

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #70 on: July 30, 2008, 05:21:39 PM »
I frequently switch between the VK, Nebula, and Holy Claymore depending on the situation.

And yeah, you don't have a lot of choice on paths until you get to the last 4 portraits, and even then there's very little choice; but I use the suspend glitch when I play, so I can do the 1st 4 portraits in any order I want:P

www.worldbeyondwalls.com - the original glitching website!! Join our forum today!!

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #71 on: July 30, 2008, 09:22:12 PM »
What's with the Alucard Spear? Did I miss that weapon in sotn or something.

Offline A n t r a x x

• ~ GamersMark EIC ~
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #72 on: July 30, 2008, 09:52:26 PM »
The last four portraits are a bore D:

Offline Gimph

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #73 on: July 31, 2008, 05:34:06 AM »
In Reply To #73

They're just remakes of already-used stages. It was fun the first time, but it wasn't a very good idea. :P

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #74 on: July 31, 2008, 06:15:27 AM »
What's with the Alucard Spear? Did I miss that weapon in sotn or something.

That weapon showed up in the Japanese SotN (Nocturne in the Moonlight) for the SEGA SATURN system.

For some reason unbeknownst to the CV Community, Eric Lecarde has come into possession of an Alucard Item, and he uses that spear in Castlevania: Bloodlines.

The relationship between Eric Lecarde, the Spear, and Alucard, as of this point is unknown.

All people can do is speculate.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Tags: