Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Vote for your favorite video game music tracks at HG101  (Read 4638 times)

Offline discoalucard

• Admin
  • Administrator
  • Hunter in Training
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
Vote for your favorite video game music tracks at HG101
« on: September 23, 2011, 12:12:35 PM »
I'm running a poll over at the HG101 forums to compile votes for the best (or most popular, really) tracks in video game music. The particulars are listed in it thread (http://hg101.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=music&action=display&thread=8369) but the gist is you can pick up to 100 single tracks, with the option to pick out 5 of your favorites, which get extra points in the tally.

You can post your votes here, as long as you follow the format prescribed in the rules (GAME NAME, TRACK NAME, YOUTUBE LINK (optional)), with each separated by commas as shown. The poll closes on next Friday Sept. 30th, so there's about a week left from the time of this posting.

Castlevania is obviously well represented, with the most popular tracks being Vampire Killer and Wicked Child from CV1, Bloody Tears from CV2, Beginning from CV3, Theme of Simon from SCV4, most of Bloodlines' soundtrack, and Bloodlines from Dracula X.

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
Re: Vote for your favorite video game music tracks at HG101
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2011, 04:07:54 PM »
what, no "The Boy's got Wings" from YsIII? that's the best song from the entire series (imo)

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Offline Bloodreign

• Old school and nothing but old school
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • The Best
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2011, 05:21:01 PM »
I've given some choices Kurt, but not going through all that to do Youtube links, since it's optional. If people want to find them, they can look them up themselves.  ;D

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2011, 06:39:41 PM »
all my votes are already on there...

and holy shit its kurt!

Offline discoalucard

• Admin
  • Administrator
  • Hunter in Training
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2011, 08:19:59 PM »
what, no "The Boy's got Wings" from YsIII? that's the best song from the entire series (imo)

Great song, but I've always preferred Be Careful, Quatera Woods, and the boss themes from later entries. It's in good standing though! Most of Ys III's soundtrack is.

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2011, 09:15:42 PM »
Pardon my ignorance, but are you really Kurt? The proprietor of the dungeon himself?! *hugz* It's been so long, I can't remember the last time I saw you! ;_;

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline discoalucard

• Admin
  • Administrator
  • Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2011, 09:28:29 PM »
Yup, it's been awhile, hasn't it?

I actually have a whole ton of redone reviews I haven't posted...the SCV4 on the site now is like 14 years old and terrible. Maybe I'll stick up my Lords of Shadow review once I grab some nice pictures from it.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2011, 09:50:00 PM »
Hey Kurt:
If you don't feel like uploading it on your own, you can just give it to me and I can put it up.  I'm getting used to doing some site maintenance, and I've cleaned up some of the errors that happened during the Great Site Migration.

Also, I'll see if I can vote. :)

PS: To everyone else, yes, this is indeed Kurt.  :)
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline A-Yty

• Your beloved monster
  • Master Hunter
  • Floating Catacomb janitor
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Linnavaanijat
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2011, 04:03:21 PM »
Hey it's that guy that runs that Castlevania site!

What happens after the poll is done?

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2011, 04:12:47 PM »

Offline A-Yty

• Your beloved monster
  • Master Hunter
  • Floating Catacomb janitor
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Linnavaanijat
    • Awards

Offline Bloodreign

• Old school and nothing but old school
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • The Best
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2011, 11:44:32 PM »
Bio Force Ape just won't go away will it heh.

Offline discoalucard

• Admin
  • Administrator
  • Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2011, 08:02:04 AM »

Votes are tallied, a master list is compiled. Will definitely have Youtube links and a full ordered playlist. I'd like to compile all of the MP3s into a torrent too, for easier computer/MP3 player listening.

Tags: music