Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Game Informer's Castlevania Rankings  (Read 7833 times)

Offline MKKhanzo

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2012, 11:18:15 AM »
+1
What I find most interesting is playing as an older, armor-clad, pistol-wielding version of Henry Oldrey, the little boy players saved in the first Castlevania 64.

Yeah, the one that made that list sure knows his stuff... (sarcasm) Then WHO we save in CV64? (Hint: Malus)
« Last Edit: June 05, 2012, 11:25:13 AM by MKKhanzo »
I guess that all IGA haters are rejoicing now. Have fun with your fancy Belmont Dracula and rat stealth.

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
  • That Star Wars will make a million bucks someday.
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2012, 12:52:42 PM »
Wasn't that ranking already posted?

I remember it, too.

I know these lists never do well with everyone, but this one is just too puzzling to me. Was surprised to see Dracula's Curse at #7.
It's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but instead it's Who Wants Fried Chicken? I do.

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2012, 01:07:43 PM »
Here is my terrible ranking:

PALADIN

Castlevania 3, Super Castlevania IV, Akumajo Dracula X68000, Rondo of Blood, Symphony of the Night, Harmony of Dissonance, Aria of Sorrow

KNIGHT

Castlevania Bloodlines, Belmont's Revenge, Order of Ecclesia, Adventure, Castlevania 1, Simon's Quest, Legacy of Darkness, Circle of the Moon, Lament of Innocence   

WARRIOR

Legends, Dawn of Sorrow, Portrait of Ruin

SQUIRE

Dracula X, Order of Shadows, Curse of Darkness, Hodespair 

Offline Tavis Belmont

• Video Game Approved
  • Hunter in Training
  • Game on!
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2012, 04:22:16 PM »
I like that ranking system, Nagumo. Very positive feel to it. Which is good for this series, because even the weakest games are still better than the best from other game series.
Defeating evil: Apparently easy.
Defeating the Lord of Darkness with a whip and some water: Damn.
"I'm a Belmont. That's my job."

Tags:

anything