Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: ! Okay, so I admit my fan speculation was wrong!  (Read 3785 times)

Offline jestercolony

• Slow Silence
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
! Okay, so I admit my fan speculation was wrong!
« on: June 09, 2012, 01:47:40 PM »
But I was correct on one thing: that there would be a Belmont Bloodline! :) I honestly enjoy the fact that MoF will actually use this time traveler like application, which kinda makes sense with the use of the Frakenstein's time machine in which Gabriel used to go back in time and defeat the Forgotten One. So, we know that MoF is the prologue to the events of LoS2 which will close the game, but I for one am very interested in the actual storyline itself (bringing fresh air to the series as an alternate universe ) and that we finally get to see Dracula in action, slaughtering his old comrades out of the fact that, all he wants is his wife back.

But, I still demand more to the story, personally. It would be nice if they would instead of try to just "end" it, go back and make four more games about the raise of the Dark Lords, an example of this -

Game 1: Crusade against Satan
Game 1: Cornell
Game 2: Carmillia
Game 3: Zobek

As the telling is told, we could get to see how they would tackle Satan, the sealing of the Forgotten One and one last thing... The Necromatic Wars. What did they do to truly fall? Were their tales as tragic? And there is one thing that leaves me to speculation, if Zobek had the mask... Did he truly "fall" and split himself? Or did Zobek keep both sides in tact and just became Death himself while tricking the other two with the mask? Just an interesting thing me thinks... *rubs chin*

Offline Reinhart77

• Courage, don't leave me now.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
Re: ! Okay, so I admit my fan speculation was wrong!
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2012, 08:18:07 PM »
i demand they make a comic series to explore other nooks and crannies of the LoS Universe.  but, supposedly, they're not going to leave any loose ends, so that's good. 

there's also some DLC to one of the games i think that they can't announce yet, so who know what else they'll manage to explore "on the side" of the main two game plots.

maybe they'll never "just end it" and instead just keep on making more and more DLC???  lol. 

maybe we'll get even MORE characters to download for the 3DS game, and have them play the whole castle except with maybe a little area that only they can go in.  how about a Sypha quest?  i don't even know if 3DS games can have DLC or not.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2012, 08:27:19 PM by Reinhart77 »

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2012, 09:07:21 PM »
All I ever wanted was playable Zobek in LoS. :\
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline PFG9000

• No, not the gun
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Fan of all things Floyd
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2012, 09:25:59 PM »
Game 1: Crusade against Satan
Game 1: Cornell
Game 2: Carmillia
Game 3: Zobek
So you want four side-stories to a game that's barely Castlevania to start?  How would any one of those games feel like a Castlevania?  The Belmonts and Dracula would have nothing to do with any of them.  There could maybe be some CV-ish environments toward the very end of the Carmilla game, but that's it.

Offline Reinhart77

• Courage, don't leave me now.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2012, 09:54:34 PM »
All I ever wanted was playable Zobek in LoS. :\
yes!  is it too late for them to add this?  it'd raise awareness of their upcoming game if they did and help whet those appetites.

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2012, 12:44:54 AM »
Unfortunately for you, there won't be anything besides LoS, MoF and LoS2. COx said MS won't be doing other CV games, but that another studio could pick it up.

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2012, 09:03:14 AM »
Here's my hope for the next couple of games, in terms of developer:

WayForward makes a game for 3DS and/or Vita, while From Software does the console game(s). That'd make me happy :)

Offline jestercolony

• Slow Silence
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2012, 12:28:30 AM »
So you want four side-stories to a game that's barely Castlevania to start?  How would any one of those games feel like a Castlevania?  The Belmonts and Dracula would have nothing to do with any of them.  There could maybe be some CV-ish environments toward the very end of the Carmilla game, but that's it.

If done correctly, all these four games could have the "Castlevania" atmosphere, it doesn't need to have Dracula or LOL vampires in every game. And honestly, I could recall many games in the series where no Belmont was present, nor was Dracula the true main threat (or hidden one.) 

Tags: