Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Bill Murdron's Castlevania Maps  (Read 10531 times)

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2013, 09:42:30 AM »
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2013, 09:56:57 AM »
The top of the CV3 maps is cut off so it can be interpreted in any number of ways but also think about this; Dracula's castle is located on in inlet part of the black sea like it was in SotN. So this is also correct apart from the lake. The map just doesn't show it so I guess that Bill Murdron had to take a guess in order to make things fit together.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
  • That Star Wars will make a million bucks someday.
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2013, 04:41:01 PM »
Man, I'm probably gonna have to just buy this. I'm running out of wall space in my house, though.  :-\ This would be a perfect fit in the basement if I can fit it (it's where I keep virtually all of my gaming stuff). That's incredible.
It's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but instead it's Who Wants Fried Chicken? I do.

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2013, 07:25:56 PM »
The top of the CV3 maps is cut off so it can be interpreted in any number of ways but also think about this; Dracula's castle is located on in inlet part of the black sea like it was in SotN. So this is also correct apart from the lake. The map just doesn't show it so I guess that Bill Murdron had to take a guess in order to make things fit together.

Yeah, ! always have seen Dracula's castle this way too. But in SQ its is in a lake too right? I dont remember. Maybe we thought that its part of a black sea when its truly a very very large lake? I dont know what to think right now. >.>
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2013, 10:46:56 PM »
You can see close ups on the pre-order page http://mudron.bigcartel.com/product/nes-castlevania-map-color

Sweet! +1

I love how the CV3 map is incorporated into CV2's.
"Stuff and things."

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2013, 10:50:30 AM »
Yeah, ! always have seen Dracula's castle this way too. But in SQ its is in a lake too right? I dont remember. Maybe we thought that its part of a black sea when its truly a very very large lake? I dont know what to think right now. >.>

Honestly I'm not sure. But i do know that in CV 64/LoD, Castlevania is indeed situated in a large lake. I also believe that CV: Adventure ReBirth also had Castlevania in a lake as well. I can only guess that Castlevania just pops up in certain areas of Romania whenever it feel like a new change in scenery.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2013, 12:23:18 AM »
Well, its true. This happened in SCIV and in Bloodlines after all.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Tags:

anything