Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "110%"  (Read 7159 times)

Offline DoctaMario

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« on: June 23, 2013, 01:55:32 PM »
+1
So I'm pretty close to getting an overall 110% on Lords Of Shadow (finish all difficulties, get all the gems and items, complete all the Trials) and it got me thinking about the other CV games that I've put that much time into.

*Dracula X Chronicles: Full map completion, found all the hidden records, unlocked all the music and alternate modes.

*Rondo Of Blood: Full map completion, bought all boss videos (haha, that can take time though!)

*SoTN: Full map completion (without glitching, though I've done some of that), got all drops and finished the Bestiary.

*Lament Of Innocence: Full map completion, got all drops.

*Portrait Of Ruin: Full map completion, got all the drops and items in the game

I've spent TONS of time on most of the classic games, though I think CV1 is the only one I've beaten Hard Mode on.

Basically this thread is just a license to brag about your accomplishments! So which games have YOU put that kind of time and effort into? :)

(and for the record, any "hurr hurr you put that much time into LoS?" posts will be reported. You've been warned.  ;D )
« Last Edit: June 23, 2013, 01:58:24 PM by DoctaMario »

Offline Belmontoya

• Composer/ Voice Actor
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-09-Sprite Contest 3rd Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2013, 03:24:18 PM »
+1
CV1 did not have different difficulty modes. What are you talking about?
The worst monsters are human.

Offline Munchy

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2013, 03:26:53 PM »
+1
When you say "Hard Mode" on CV1, do you mean the 2nd loop? I think I've beaten that a few times but it's been a while.

When I replay the IGAvanias nowadays, I don't bother or sometimes forget to equip things that aren't new weaponry. It's not exactly a naked run, but it makes me sweat a little more without getting too impatient.

I've beaten the 2nd loop on the Chronicles original mode. I've even 1CC'd that mode, and yet I've never been able to do the same for most of the easier games, like SCV4 or RoB.

One of these days I want to try a minimalist run (no magic, equipment or upgrades) on LoI. I really dig that game.

Offline DoctaMario

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2013, 03:43:51 PM »
+1
CV1 did not have different difficulty modes. What are you talking about?

It did if you beat the game and played it again from the beginning. Every hit does 4 bars of damage and there are enemies where there weren't enemies before. It's tough, you should try it!

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2013, 02:25:18 AM »
+2
If you want a challenge, try playing Castlevania adventure on the 5th loop. Your character will be one hit killed by any enemy. I have finish it there and then i've got bored. :P
Ruler of Chaos

Offline DoctaMario

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2013, 03:07:23 PM »
+1
If you want a challenge, try playing Castlevania adventure on the 5th loop. Your character will be one hit killed by any enemy. I have finish it there and then i've got bored. :P

Wow, that's insane!

Offline Pfil

• How I miss the old days...
  • Master Hunter
  • Quit treating me like a child!
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (NDS)
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2013, 03:13:38 PM »
+1
I unlocked everything from every MetroidVania in 2D and 3D. Map %, items, drops, weapons, everything.
With the only exception of Circle of the Moon arena stage.
And I've beaten every alternate and unlockable mode, and every 2nd loop or New Game + in every ClassicVania and MetroidVania.
With the following exceptions: Forgotten One in LoI, Albus mode final boss in OoE, Max LV 1 in PoR.
I believe I'm not forgetting about anything.
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2013, 03:16:11 PM »
+1
Each time I play a CV game, I 100% it (or more if I can - alt modes, inventory, bestiary, drops, secret bosses, levels, etc.). Just done with MoF right now.

Offline Pfil

• How I miss the old days...
  • Master Hunter
  • Quit treating me like a child!
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (NDS)
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2013, 04:56:00 PM »
+1
Even more, that's the part of every Castlevania I enjoy the most.
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2013, 04:58:23 PM »

If you want a challenge that's even more challenger, try playing Haunted Castle with only 1 credit. 98% of Dungeonites can barely make it half-way past stage 2.

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2013, 12:40:09 AM »
If you want a challenge that's even more challenger, try playing Haunted Castle with only 1 credit. 98% of Dungeonites can barely make it half-way past stage 2.

I'm not a God of Castlevania, i'm just a humble human after all..... :P
Ruler of Chaos

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2013, 01:59:53 AM »
+1
MOF is simply the easiest Castlevania to 100%.
CV actually forced me to 100% everything even in other games.

Offline Munchy

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2013, 11:31:41 PM »
+1
MOF is simply the easiest Castlevania to 100%.
CV actually forced me to 100% everything even in other games.

MoF is one of the easiest Castlevanias period, at least once you discover the true power of the area attack.

It's not terrible if you just want to enjoy the vistas though.

Offline DoctaMario

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2013, 02:49:14 PM »

That's the one CV game I've yet to beat. I should work on that. It's actually a cool game even if the artwork is a bit crude and the challenge level is somewhat unreasonable at times.

Offline Zetheraxza

• Vampire Hunter
  • Romantically Justified...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2013, 08:06:36 AM »
+1
AoS, all souls, all drops, meaning I got CHAOS RINGS!

Tags: