Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: What Happened to Richiter? Spoilers on CV POR  (Read 9013 times)

Offline Slayer

• The Prince of a town called Bel-Air
  • Master Hunter
  • The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
Re: What Happened to Richiter? Spoilers on CV POR
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2008, 05:00:18 PM »
In Reply To #15

It was a different curse, though.  Simon's curse would have killed him, while Richter's could have very well made him Dracula's "best-friend".
----------------------------------------------
Tetris world record, set.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_3mxSPWAn4

Offline Long John Silver

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2008, 05:02:24 PM »
Like Soleil. He was the same as Richter, except a worse case since he was controlled by Drac himself, not some lowly priest who'se drac's minion.

mgfcortez

« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2008, 05:54:24 PM »
Thomas, can't you just, like, "not care"? Somethings are very easy to ignore. Stories in CV, in GENERAL, can be ignored altogether. I mean, even before IGA, stories haven't been CV's strong point. I always say, you want stories, you're playing the wrong genre. Play Final Fantasy, or Xenosaga. DON'T play CV, IGA's CV or those before him.

yep and every game should be like POR too,i mean come on if the story line don't matter why should the game play.lol
hell i say instead of sprites and background they should use color blocks or even black and white blocks::)
let all head back to the gameboy day but still spend $60 for the games.

every line of that sounds about the same too me as not having a good story line.
but some ppl like me like story line and good game play why should i have to play a pos like Final Fantasy, or Xenosaga to get a story line.
sorry if ppl like them games but i hate turn based games.
give me hack in slash anyday but i want a good story line even if others don't care about the story alot still do and just like a movie a bad story can do alot to a game.

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2008, 07:24:17 PM »
People make believe that the CV series ALWAYS had a deep story, and that IGA's coming hindered this. No, CV's always been weak in the story department. I would like, more than anything, a deep story too, but I don't that will happen considering the length of the games. You need length for a story to unfold, and CV games aren't known for their length(most adventures, I'm sure many can agree, seem to pass on by SUPER FAST. And I think there's more chance of this in a 3D game done RIGHT. And I don't mean like the N64 ones. I always said the perfect 3D CV games would have bits from the N64 games, some from the PS2 games, yet a lot MORE just overall.

Steve

« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2008, 08:50:13 PM »
The stories in the old games were elegant in their minimalism.  In games like Dawn and Portrait, though, they're more expansive but also infinitely more embarrassing.

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2008, 09:20:23 PM »
I agree with that. For what was small in the earlier games, it was nice, but one thing Konami of America shit over was the translations. I would've liked the whole "Church sending armies and skilled warriors to fight Dracula's Forces" like in the Japanese version over the stupid "Poltergiest King" thing of the watered down American version.

And yes, I cringed(seriously, CRINGED) at that part during the end of DoS when they talk about Soma being around Mina's finger, then Hammer saying that Yoko has him around her finger. Then, everybody laughs. That was the stupidest thing I EVER seen! Sadly, that was typical Japanese fluff not above most anime series, but that type of fluff should not be in this series to begin with. Sometimes, I wonder if I'm wrong to just say, "Screw kids! Screw the youngins!". As it is, CV has to water itself down more just to cater to teenyboppers and tweens. It's just like the saturation with all those PG-13 pieces of crap horror films they are making today. Screw kids! I want my Rated-R horror, like in the old days. Kids will STILL find a way to see them, so you don't have to worry about the money.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2008, 02:28:49 PM »
Bah, that doesn't mean shit. IGA says a lot of things, and people rely on interviews too much. I remember him saying in an interview several months back that he'd be interested in doing a game where Dracula is a virus & Belmont is the cure. wtf?

And regards to Trevor, he also said in an interview that he won't be the hidden character in CoD, and to "keep guessing" who it might be. another wtf.

So whatever he said about Richter (which I don't even remember the exact interview such a tidbit was mentioned in), he coulda just been screwing around or rambling.

So the most likely explanation is the Shaft curse thing.  ;)

Offline Long John Silver

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2008, 02:51:14 PM »
I remember him saying in an interview several months back that he'd be interested in doing a game where Dracula is a virus & Belmont is the cure. wtf?

Ever heard of a joke? I think he even laughed after he said that.

So the most likely explanation is the Shaft curse thing.
Or would be, if not for the fact that 200 years earlier Soleil suffered the exact same fate, only much worse. Dracula was the one who cursed him to side with evil, not some dead priest. But nothing happened, years later Belmonts were still using the whip without any trouble.

And iga only said that "belmonts can't use the whip after richter's times." Not why. For why he answered that it'll be eventually covered by something, either a game or some additional storyline bit.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2008, 03:15:50 PM »
Soleil didn't have the whip, though, Christopher did. So maybe him being cursed didn't interfere with VK's power. Richter on the other hand had the whip during his possession, so it could be argued that this somehow messed things up.

Simon's curse was completely different, btw.

Offline Long John Silver

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2008, 01:27:35 AM »
That's why i didn't mention simon as one of the cursed guys. Just said that we got simon a bit later, which means there was no "belmonts can't touch the whip for nearly 200 years" bullshit.

Tags: