Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Gaming in the house or gaming on the go?  (Read 5321 times)

Offline Pfil

• How I miss the old days...
  • Master Hunter
  • Quit treating me like a child!
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (NDS)
Re: Gaming in the house or gaming on the go?
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2013, 01:16:23 PM »
Pretty much agree with everything Bloodreign said.
I play consoles and PC mostly, but from time to time I play handheld games, but always in my house, or ay my mom's. I never, EVER play outside my house (or mom's). I don't feel comfortable. I just play handhelds because there's some exclusive titles there I can't play on consoles, but I wish they were available.
And also, I agree that there's nothing better than playing with a control in a TV (or PC monitor).
I say no to phones, tablets, webgames and all that new stuff I'm not interested about and I think they are ruining the VG industry as we know it.
I will NEVER play a phone, tablet, web or whatever mobile game unless it's a CV and there's no other way of playing it, and still, I will hate all those devices anyway.
And chances are I will consider it a bad game, anyway.
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2013, 09:02:24 PM »
Those casual gaming stuff is the trend dearie.
They allow game companies to tap into the casual gaming demographic and get a good amount of money for mediocre games. (They are some great gems in there too, once in a blue moon...)

Offline Pfil

• How I miss the old days...
  • Master Hunter
  • Quit treating me like a child!
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (NDS)
« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2013, 11:23:10 PM »
It is true, sadly, but that trend killed a big part of the industry.
I think casual gamers should not be paid attention by companies. You are a gamer or you are not. If you are a gamer you can choose to play some puzzle games or SimCity once in a while, but for that to be the foundation of current companies? That's too much.
My mom was a casual gamer when I was growing up, and she played Tetris, Wonder Boy... just as she played Atari when she was younger. But the VG industry was dedicated to real gamers, and casual gamers had to find their way in... not the other way around.
I think everything's turned upside down now.
Luckily, we still have Nintendo, some JRPG developers and some western developers that can make things like Bioshock or The Last Of Us.
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Tags:

anything